News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Submission Help

Started by LeFromage, May 31, 2008, 04:17:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeFromage

Hello everyone! I'm new at NinSheetMusic, so please forgive me if I make any errors or something.

I have read the rules and things for submission, including the "What should your sheet look like" topic and the "How to submit" topic, but I've still got a few questions, and I hope they could be answered.

1. How do you know when your sheet gets accepted? Do you have to check the database regularly to see if it's there, or does somebody PM you, or does somebody reply on your topic, or what?

2. I've noticed that every single sheet on the database has a MIDI to it. In order to submit, I'm pretty sure it doesn't need a MIDI, but would it be helpful or better if you put a MIDI there with your music?

3. In the "How to submit" topic, in its example post, it had a section called "submission". I assume this is where the one piece that you are submitting goes in. However, the remainder of a post is under the heading "Queue". I'm not exactly sure what that is (I looked up its definition, but still a bit confused). On my topic for submissions, I have various headings such as "Completed Arrangements, but not Submitted Yet", "Accepted Arrangements", and "Works in Progress". Would that be good, or should I mush it all into "Queue"?

4. In the "How to submit" topic, it talks about how you should place the information on your post. It says, [Console] Game - "Song" - Arranger. I noticed that it said Arranger. At first, I thought that this was an unneeded piece of information, as if you just look at whoever made that topic, it was obviously he/she who arranged it. But then, what if you were posting an arrangement made by somebody else? So here is my question: If a friend of yours who is not a member of NinSheetMusic makes a piece of sheet music and wants you to submit it, can you submit it under his/her name on your topic? Or would you need a separate topic, or would it be against the rules?

That's all the questions I have as of now. Please help me with my queries!
Switch to solar power- we will have 5 billion years worth of energy, until the sun blows up... Then we will all be dead.

Palagerini

strange i wondered these questions too when i first joined. anyways...:

1.they might reply on your topic saying so and so is good or something.. but usually u have to check the updates....

2.u don't need to submit an midi to the song when you submit but it helps to make updating faster. although usually they'll make an midi of your song and post it along with your song on the database.

3.yea u can only submit 1 sheet in the submission...thing  :P. Then the queue are songs that are done but since u can only submit 1 that is where they all go if their not being submitted as of now. u can have a works in progress or accepted arrangements but their not needed. they just mean songs your working on and songs that have been accepted to the site.

4.yea i didn't really understand why they made this too but it's because some people work togother on sheets. for instance on my page it says [GCN] - Metroid Prime - "Space Pirate Theme" - Palagerini, Olimar12345, and Brian O. I worked with anotehr member (olimar12345) on that song and i got help from a person who isn't a member (Brian O.). Now you don't have to add a person who just helped u with like a couple notes or if they're not a member or anything. Although if they did alot of work on the song then u should probaly add their name too.

as for your friend making a song by himself and u submitting it... i'm not to sure on.. =/.
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

LeFromage

Thank you very much, it helped clear up a lot of issues!  :)
Switch to solar power- we will have 5 billion years worth of energy, until the sun blows up... Then we will all be dead.