Started by The Deku Trombonist, December 15, 2014, 01:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

•My Pokémon Ranch - March 25, 2008
•Pokémon Black 2/White 2 - June 23, 2012
•Pokémon Black/White - September 18, 2010
•Pokémon Channel -  July 18, 2003
•Pokémon Colosseum - November 21, 2003
•Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - September 28, 2006 --- (Platinum) September 13, 2008
•Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal - November 21, 1999--- (Crystal) December 14, 2000
•Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver - September 12, 2009
•Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Blue/Red Rescue Team - November 17, 2005
•Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - September 13, 2007
•Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity - November 23, 2012
•Pokémon Pinball - April 14, 1999
•Pokémon Ranger - March 23, 2006
•Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - February 27, 1996--- (Yellow) September 12, 1998
•Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald - November 21, 2002--- (Emerald) September 16, 2004
•Pokémon Snap - March 21, 1999
•Pokémon Trading Card Game -  December 18, 1998
•Pokémon X/Y - October 12, 2013
•Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness - August 4, 2005
•PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure - December 5, 2009

There should be colon after Pokémon Mystery Dungeon[:] <--- Blue/Red Rescue Team... right?
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

braix

Quote from: Bespinben on December 15, 2014, 04:37:52 PMThere should be colon after Pokémon Mystery Dungeon[:] <--- Blue/Red Rescue Team... right?
Pretty sure u need one, yeah
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

blueflower999

I'll do EarthBound, why not.

Mother - July 27th, 1989 (Japan)
EarthBound - June 5th, 1995
Mother 3 - April 20th, 2006 (Japan)
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

^I don't think you read the thread rules; the earliest release date of EarthBound is August 27, 1994.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

The Deku Trombonist

Whew, I've finally caught up. Thanks everyone for the help so far!

Maelstrom: Should I be renaming some of those Fire Emblem games accordingly? I've never played Fire Emblem so I've got no idea.

SlowPokemon

Hey, I've been meaning to suggest this for a while and I want to know what you think.

The site for some reason has a tendency to group games with their remakes, particularly in the case of Pokémon. For instance, right now we have the following grouped together:

Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow
Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal
Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky

Honestly, if we were going to do it correctly it should be separated by release date like so:
Pokémon Red & Blue
Pokémon Yellow
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
etc., etc., with only the tracks new to the remakes being under the remakes' sections.

The reason for this is that even though the majority of the music of the originals is usually in the remakes, it is not originally from the remakes. For instance, the track "Twinleaf Town (Day)" is from Pokémon Diamond & Pearl, later reused in the Pokémon Platinum, but it's not from Pokémon Platinum. That would be like saying the "Egg Planet" track from Super Mario Galaxy is from Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U since it appears in all of those games.

Winter

The Deku Trombonist

I've always thought the line was a little more blurred with Pokemon especially considering, for example, that D/P/Pt are considered to be the same generation etc etc

Here's an example: Suppose someone played Pokemon Yellow (not Red or Blue) and wanted the sheet music for Route 1. Would they necessarily know to look under Pokemon Red and Blue?

The problem is we really have no idea what our average user is. Our forum community isn't overly large but the stats seem to indicate that we have quite a large number of guests browsing the sheet archives. The forum is also largely made up of users who are aficionados on their particular favourite games/game series. So I'm generally inclined to take the "path of least wtf" with regards to things like this. Technically speaking, yes you are correct. But would the average user look at things as they are and take issue with it? I dunno about that. We already get the odd person popping in to request a song which is already on the site under its original game.

Just my 2 cents. I'm open to suggestions.

Edit: We've done it guys, Winter has found all the dates for me.

SlowPokemon

In the meantime, here are a good chunk of the "Other" games:

Other A-H
1st Teen Story - Lollipop Love June 14, 2010
Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War October 21, 2004
Action 52 September 1991 (I cannot find a specific release date anywhere online)
Advance Wars September 10, 2001
Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising June 23, 2003
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin January 21, 2008
Advance Wars: Dual Strike June 23, 2005
Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings September 30, 1999
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney April 12, 2007
Bird & Beans December 24, 2008
Body Harvest September 30, 1998
Bomberman Tournament April 27, 2001
Brain Age -- corrected game title: Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day! May 19, 2005
Bubble Bobble August 1986 (cannot find a specific release date)
Cave Story (Doukutsu Monogatari) December 20, 2004
Chris Sawyer's Locomotion September 7, 2004
Chrono Trigger March 11, 1995
Conker's Bad Fur Day March 5, 2001
Contra February 20, 1987
Crash Bandicoot August 31, 1996
Crystalis April 13, 1990
Dance Dance Revolution November 21, 1998
Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party September 25, 2007
Dance Dance Revolution: Supernova April 28, 2006
Dance Dance Revolution: Supernova 2 August 22, 2007
Dark Cloud December 14, 2000
Dark Cloud 2 November 28, 2002
Dig Dug April 19, 1982
Disgaea DS June 26, 2008
Do You Remember My Lullaby? December 21, 2008
Doctor Who -- corrected title Doctor Who: The First Adventure (I'm assuming) 1983 (no more specific release date could be found)
Double Dragon II: The Revenge Deember 1988 (no more specific release date could be found)
Drakkhen 1989 (no more specific release date could be found)
Duck Hunt April 21, 1984
DuckTales September 14, 1989
E.V.O.: Search for Eden December 21, 1992
Earthworm Jim August 2, 1994
Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim -- corrected game title The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim November 11, 2011
F-Zero November 2, 1990
Full Tilt! Pinball October 31, 1995
Galactic Pinball July 21, 1995
Getsu Fuuma Den July 7, 1987
Ghost Recon -- corrected title Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon November 13, 2001
Golden Axe II December 26, 1991
GoldenEye 007 -- may want to specify GoldenEye 007 (1997) as there are other games with this exact name August 23, 1997
Halo 2 November 9, 2004
Halo: Combat Evolved November 15, 2001
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 January 22, 2007
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on December 16, 2014, 05:38:18 AMI've always thought the line was a little more blurred with Pokemon especially considering, for example, that D/P/Pt are considered to be the same generation etc etc

Here's an example: Suppose someone played Pokemon Yellow (not Red or Blue) and wanted the sheet music for Route 1. Would they necessarily know to look under Pokemon Red and Blue?

To continue with your first example, just because Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum are considered the same generation doesn't mean they should be filed together; after all, HeartGold and SoulSilver are also part of the same generation and are totally different games. Diamond and Pearl are considered the same game and share a soundtrack CD album, while Platinum was released two years later and has its exclusive tracks on a different CD.

If Pokémon X and Y are remade, for instance, are we going to edit the existing X and Y category to include the new game? It seems sort of unprofessional.

Is anyone besides me really going to care about this? I don't know. Honestly it's more that it's something that bothers me than something I know would bother the average user. I have no idea how everyone else feels about it. But the way we have it isn't correct. I'm interested to know how everyone else feels.

Echo

I agree with Slow about the Pokemon thing. It just looks awkward having some sheets say stuff like from "Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow" while another sheet in the same section would say just from "Pokemon Yellow" and such.

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on December 16, 2014, 04:57:27 AMShould I be renaming some of those Fire Emblem games accordingly? I've never played Fire Emblem so I've got no idea.

On the main site, the only names that should be changed are Fire Emblem Awakening (no colon, unless you go by the European title, which I think keeps the colon), and "Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals," which should be changed to "Fire Emblem: Binding Blade."

Maelstrom

Quote from: Echo on December 16, 2014, 09:15:55 AMOn the main site, the only names that should be changed are Fire Emblem Awakening (no colon, unless you go by the European title, which I think keeps the colon), and "Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals," which should be changed to "Fire Emblem: Binding Blade."
fyi, the Japanese release lacks a colon as well. Idk what the official name of FE 6 is.

Echo

Quote from: maelstrom. on December 16, 2014, 09:18:57 AMfyi, the Japanese release lacks a colon as well. Idk what the official name of FE 6 is.

Japanese uses different punctuation in general. >_> None of the Fire Emblem game titles in Japanese have colons.

FE6 is officially called "Binding Blade" in North America, shown in Fire Emblem Awakening's Spotpass features, as well as in the Super Smash Bros. series with Trophy descriptions and stuff.

Maelstrom

FierceDeity

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 15, 2014, 06:12:28 AMIs it just me or did anyone else think when you saw the title that this topic was made to help deku find some company

It's even better with the preview from the board index: