Series: Super Mario
Game: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Reunion
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: mariolegofan

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sebastian

Feedback would be great as soon as anyone gets a chance :)
Original:
Only thing I wasn't sure about this song is this:
Should I cut out those high notes (in the left hand) from measures 14-21?

EDIT: Bump!

Sebastian

The Deku Trombonist

Have a closer listen to the voices in the opening, they move differently to how you have them notated.

Sebastian

I think you're right...I'll fix it when I get on a computer. Anything else?

What about this:
Quote from: mariolegofan on December 08, 2014, 06:50:09 PMOnly thing I wasn't sure about this song is this:
Should I cut out those high notes (in the left hand) from measures 14-21?

Sebastian

Sebastian

Sebastian

The Deku Trombonist

-Missing harmonies in RH in bar 9.
-Bar 13 can be arranged better. ie put the chord on beat one (which should have a G, not an F#) in the RH and put the bass in the LH. Also, the articulations you currently have don't match the actual note lengths.
-I'd consider putting the bass from 10-13 down an octave.

That's all I've got time for at the moment

Sebastian

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on January 04, 2015, 06:13:21 AM-Missing harmonies in RH in bar 9.
-Bar 13 can be arranged better. ie put the chord on beat one (which should have a G, not an F#) in the RH and put the bass in the LH. Also, the articulations you currently have don't match the actual note lengths.

Thanks! I'll get right on it! :)

Sebastian

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on January 04, 2015, 06:13:21 AM-Missing harmonies in RH in bar 9.

Fixed. Links in OP are fixed.

The Deku Trombonist

Overlapping parts in the beginning are, I suppose annoying, but they can be forgiven. But when you get to the second page, it's just messy. You can omit octaves, or put the whole LH down an octave or whatever, it's up to you. But it needs fixing.

Edit: Just saw you asked about this at the start of the thread. You don't necessarily have to get rid of them, just find something that works.

And the first bar LH is an octave too high.

You missed an eighth note in the bottom layer of the RH at the very very end.

Sebastian

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on January 07, 2015, 12:44:21 AMOverlapping parts in the beginning are, I suppose annoying, but they can be forgiven. But when you get to the second page, it's just messy. You can omit octaves, or put the whole LH down an octave or whatever, it's up to you. But it needs fixing.

Edit: Just saw you asked about this at the start of the thread. You don't necessarily have to get rid of them, just find something that works.

Ok!
I'll fix it when I get on my computer :)

Sebastian

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on January 07, 2015, 12:44:21 AMOverlapping parts in the beginning are, I suppose annoying, but they can be forgiven. But when you get to the second page, it's just messy. You can omit octaves, or put the whole LH down an octave or whatever, it's up to you. But it needs fixing.

All fixed!

Sebastian