News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

New Sheet Idea(s)

Started by Sebastian, December 06, 2014, 02:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 06, 2014, 05:05:33 PMI can see where you're coming from with this and on paper it sounds like it's not a bad idea, but I'm willing to bet that this was made for a reason.  Maestro gave a decent reason but there's probably a bit more to it.  It may be that since our goal at NSM is clarity and accuracy we don't want a font that may be nearly illegible or have bad kerning(keming?) and let's face it, being able to use more than a few fonts would severely hinder that.  Sure it would look really cool, but we're not trying to make the sheet music look pretty like me.This could be why other sites aren't used as much??  I'm not trying to shoot you down mlf - on the contrary I think that a little creativity with sheet music is awesome.  But it's not really what we want.  Sure in your own time you could make some nice looking sheets, maybe Olimar would be okay with you making a thread with "cool looking sheet music".  But having arrangers be able to change the font and sizing and color of the titles would make them really hard to read, and that would just sort of cancel out the reasons we have guidelines for making sheet music(that I myself am still having trouble getting the hang of haha).  Hopefully you can think of something more doable though!

And jeez fierce you gotta stop typing up paradise lost before I can even complete a simple sentence.
Thanks Guys! At least you guys corrected me kindly :)
Unlike others....I wont name any names... just that they didnt post in this thread...haha.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 06, 2014, 05:05:33 PM(that I myself am still having trouble getting the hang of haha).
Do what I do. Make a template with all the Guidelines already imprinted onto and use that template every time you start a new sheet :)

mikey

Quote from: mariolegofan on December 06, 2014, 05:09:48 PMDo what I do. Make a template with all the Guidelines already imprinted onto and use that template every time you start a new sheet :)
Hey, that's not too bad an idea, I'll have to dig around in finale and figure that out soon :P
unmotivated

Sebastian

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 06, 2014, 05:10:57 PMHey, that's not too bad an idea, I'll have to dig around in finale and figure that out soon :P
I could give you the I use right now. It'll save you time :)
And if you need with anything arrangement-wise, just contact me. I'd love to help :)
But if it's debate-wise ask Fierce...NOT me...lol :P

Maelstrom

Fyi, there's a finae template file in the what should your sheets look like page

Yugi

Quote from: mariolegofan on December 06, 2014, 04:45:19 PMThe Updaters/Mods are a very little % of our population and they get to pick everything and do what THEY want?
I suppose that you don't know what a democracy is then.

In all seriousness, though, the updaters should be the ones that can pick everything and do what they want to do, as they're the ones who are sacrificing their free time to look at sheets that have formatting and notation mistakes in them (this actually takes a long time, and not everyone is able to do it, at least not instantly), and update the site (which I'm not sure how it's done, but it's likely tedious and time-consuming). It's their burden to bear, and they have the right to reject whatever they think won't help the site.

Sebastian

Quote from: Yugi on December 06, 2014, 05:18:44 PMI suppose that you don't know what a democracy is then.

In all seriousness, though, the updaters should be the ones that can pick everything and do what they want to do, as they're the ones who are sacrificing their free time to look at sheets that have formatting and notation mistakes in them (this actually takes a long time, and not everyone is able to do it, at least not instantly), and update the site (which I'm not sure how it's done, but it's likely tedious and time-consuming). It's their burden to bear, and they have the right to reject whatever they think won't help the site.
Yes, thank you. We have already solved the problem...

The Deku Trombonist

Not all ideas get rejected, we assess each one based on its merit. For example, I think it was you who first suggested that we add YouTube links to the uploader and that's going to be added as soon as I finish cleaning up some other site code.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Maelstrom

Sebastian

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on December 06, 2014, 06:27:03 PMNot all ideas get rejected, we assess each one based on its merit. For example, I think it was you who first suggested that we add YouTube links to the uploader and that's going to be added as soon as I finish cleaning up some other site code.
I suggested that? Will all of the songs NEED Youtube links?

The Deku Trombonist

I don't think it'd be particularly fair to make it compulsory, so it would be optional.

Sebastian

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on December 06, 2014, 08:42:43 PMI don't think it'd be particularly fair to make it compulsory, so it would be optional.
Good! *sighs*. I dont think I'll be able to do it...