News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

The Third Annual NSM Superlatives

Started by blueflower999, November 30, 2014, 07:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winter

It's a temporary job until I find something in my field. Gotta pay the bills until then ^^

ThatGamer

Why aren't I on the list? I'm not even on it for spammiest user, or anything!
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

ThatGamer

Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

FierceDeity

I really don't want to bother telling you something you would have learned by actually reading the thread, or at least the most relevant parts of it, so here:

Quote from: blueflower999 on January 04, 2015, 05:44:53 PMCutest Friends
Winner: Slow       Pokemon + Blueflower!

Hm, what can I say to sum up Slow and myself's friendship? Hm, that's a toughie. Slow is hella awesome and I love him and all, but what about our relationship is "cute", exactly? I don't see it. I'm not even really aware of how much our friendship is visible to other people on this forum considering that most of our conversations take place on Skype. So how is it even possible to judge the cuteness of our bromance?

Maybe it's the eyes. Yep, it's definitely Slow's eyes. They tend to do that to people.

Runner-up: Maestro + Maestro!

I love NSM. No, I really do. The fact that this wins over people like Pit + Fingerz and Slow + Waddle really amazes me. I mean, it could be worse. Thank God ThatGamer joined after the nomination process was over or else we'd see things like "ThatGamer + King Sammer" and crap like that. You know what is really interesting about this award though? The fact that I can't tell if it's referring to Maestro's narcissism or the fact that he's growing a duplicate of himself in his basement to run as his vice president in 2028. Probably both.

Honorable Mention: Shadowkirby + Kman!

Aha! Now here's something legitimate. Shadowkriby and Cwoman69 have been best buds for as long as I can remember. If memory serves, I think Shadow even introduced Kman to the forums in the first place. I suppose there aren't many people to choose for friends up at the North Pole, but these two are pretty similar interest-wise as far as I can tell. Plus, they're both great guys, and that's all that really matters. Cheers!

DrP

Quote from: Winter on January 06, 2015, 06:52:10 PMIt's a temporary job until I find something in my field. Gotta pay the bills until then ^^
You can get a job at my firm. We always need fresh meat new professionals

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: ThatGamer on January 06, 2015, 08:41:42 PMI'm not even on it for spammiest user, or anything!

Would you like to win that award?  Because there's a very special prize for you if so.

me irl
[close]

mikey

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 06, 2015, 10:44:15 PMWould you like to win that award?  Because there's a very special prize for you if so.
ZE BANHAMMERZ
unmotivated

Yugi

It's not a banhammer. I won the prize before, and its worth it.

Ruto

I'm waiting for Jamaha and Kefka to win the awards they deserve most!

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

ThatGamer

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 06, 2015, 10:44:15 PMWould you like to win that award?  Because there's a very special prize for you if so.

Lemme guess what it is...

Sebastian

A permaban ;)

ThatGamer

Yeah, I got that, I was being sarcastic.

But thanks anyways!

blueflower999

Here are a couple more!!

Most Talented
Winner: Maestro!

In a site full of incredibly talented people, Maestro's talent shines through. A game and movie reviewer, a Let's Player, an arranger, a composer, a classical-music discussionist, and essentially the Ruler of the Cosmos, Maestro does it all. The only problem with this post is that I've probably forgotten about 2,000 things that he's done, and he'll probably call me out on it. Have mercy, oh terrible one!

Runner-up: Olimar!

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times: Olimar knows his music. His arrangement thread is full of glorious pieces from great video games that I'm personally a huge fan of(Cave Story and Pikmin in particular), and on top of all this, he manages to moderate submissions as well. I've seen him make quality arrangements in virtually no time at all, and coming from someone who can't recognize notes or write out a tune, this is ridiculously impressive. All hail Olimar and his musical prowess!

Honorable Mentions: Bespinben and Bloop!

You two are both very similar to Olimar and easily could have also won the Runner-up position. Bespinben is a marvelous arranger and Bloop makes excellent original compositions as well as arrangements. Out of all the people on this site who have a knack for music, you four are definitely up there as among the greatest. And as talents tend to do, you'll all probably be even better in a couple of years, so I look forward to seeing the results of that.  :D
[close]

Most Positive
Winner: Mario Lego Fan!

Mario Lego Fan always seems to keep his head high, even in the worst of situations. I probably shouldn't talk about this, but he was recently banned for something that may or may not have been his fault. I was shocked when I spoke with him in the Tinychat and didn't find someone who was upset and beaten down like I would have been in the same situation. Instead, he was committed to coming back full-swing, improving himself, and doing better in the future. And that's all that really matters. Mario Lego Fan, you're personally very inspiring to me because of how positive you always manage to be, even when times are rough. Speaking of which...

Runner-up: Blueflower!

I try to be a positive and happy guy on here, even if I don't always feel that way. I don't feel like I'm really deserving of this though because I switch back and forth between optimism and pessimism on the inside, and recently my actions on the forum towards a certain member have been anything but positive. Although I'm glad to see that some of you think I'm doing a good job, so thank you guys!
[close]

Most Missed NSM Member
Winner: Shadoninja!

Shado was an obvious choice for this award. He did so much for the forum as an arranger and the request board moderator, and then one day suddenly decided to leave. Thankfully, he's been dropping by periodically in recent times, and he actually might even read this. Shado, it's your choice whether to come back fully or to only stop in once in a while, but just know that we all miss you and would be accepting of you if you ever decided to return!  :D

Runner-up: Spitllama!

I honestly have no idea where Spitllama went. If someone knows, I'd appreciate you telling me! Anyway, Spit was one of the more active members on the forum for quite a while. He joined in 2008 and posted quite a bit up until this summer, when he disappeared. Maybe he either got too busy with his personal life or just forgot about the site, but either way, I hope that one day he might come back as well.

Honorable Mention: Wariopiano!

Now, I know what you're all thinking. And no, it's not confirmed that Wariopiano and Mario Lego Fan are the same person. So until there's actual evidence of that, I'm going to say he's innocent until proven guilty. I personally have my doubts because their posting styles aren't very much alike. Anyway, Wariopiano was largely active from the time he registered in the spring of 2012 up until January of 2013 where he made a farewell topic. He visited briefly back in December of this year, and while others might not be too accepting of him, I'd be very happy if he decided to return one day.
[close]

Bulbear! Blueflower999

Kman96

I miss Korbin (Spitllama) :(

He was a great rival of mine in TWG. Oh, the good ol' days...
Party Hard!
[close]