[NDS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "At the End of the Day" by Bespinben

Started by Zeta, November 29, 2014, 05:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: At the End of the Day
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arrangers: Bespinben & Bubbles

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bubbles

I was originally going to wait until the next batch of submissions was updated to add this one, but I figured it was already mostly done anyway (since Bespinben checked and edited it before he left).

Bespinben

Hah! I was just thinking about slipping this one along with the update just a few days ago. Sync!

That said, I'm probably an unfit candidate for reviewing this :P
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

The Deku Trombonist

Any reason why you omitted the D on beat one of bar 3?

And do you think you could incorporate the Bb->A from the clarinet going into beat 3 of bar 16? Perhaps move the C down an octave into the LH? Listening to the music, I feel like that creates much of the harmonic drive for that bar and it's also really the only proper hint of a leading note we get there.

Bespinben

I omited the D on the beginning of m. 3 because you get that note in the guitar accomp. on beat 2. I didn't want to make the tone of that measure heavy with repeated major sevenths, when that note is very soft in the original. Thanks for noticing though.
(Another reason is that with the bass an octave higher than in the original, the sound that would be produced from such a close arrangement of the tonic and M7 would be grittier than I'd like)

I did, just now, incorporate your suggestions for m. 16. Doing so also helped me realize I needed to put in some dashed barlines to show the movement of the guitar. I guess I had decided not to do that before because I had omitted the clarinet altogether starting from m. 9, but it works now!

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday