News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

PMD Remakes

Started by Bespinben, November 24, 2014, 09:31:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

So sorry, Bespinben. Let's get back on topic about PMD remakes.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

braix

Oh whoops

Let's get this train back on the rails
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

SlowPokemon

Wait do I have to be a girl too

I have short hair isn't that against the law
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Bespinben on December 24, 2014, 01:54:49 PMThatGamer, what have you done to my beautiful thread... *sob*
you made bespinben cry

prepare for destruction
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

ThatGamer

Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Nebbles

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 24, 2014, 02:08:04 PMWait do I have to be a girl too

I have short hair isn't that against the law

be a rebel
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bespinben

HOLY CRAP, YA'LL REMEMBER THE METEOR THAT WAS GOING TO DESTROY THE PLANET IN PMD BLUE/RED RESCUE TEAM!?!?!?

Warning: MAJOR Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Spoilers:
Spoiler
http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonconspiracies/comments/2pu6rj/the_meteor_from_orass_delta_episode_was_present/

ORAS itself implies that the original R/S/E are still canon, they just take place in an alternative timeline where Mega Evolution and Fairy type don't exist. In the delta episode, when met with danger, the Mosdeep Space Center attempt to simply teleport the meteor to a different part of space and time. They aren't sure where it will land, but it will land far enough away from them that it won't interfere with them again.

Zinnia, meanwhile collects keystones to try and summon Mega Rayquaza to destroy the meteor in a manner that won't affect any other worlds that "may not have the technology" to deal with the situation.

In the end, it turns out that the ORAS protagonist is destined to command Rayquaza to destroy the meteor.

It seems like a straightforward plot until you look into it a bit more.

First of all, what caused this meteor to set path for Hoenn in ORAS but not RSE? The answer is simple, another meteor DID set path for RSE Hoenn, you, the RSE protagonist were just not the one to save it.

In RSE, a major difference is that after retrieving the Meteorite from Team Aqua/Magma, you return it to Professor Cozmo. In ORAS you hold onto it. The scientists wish to use said meteorite's energy to teleport it elsewhere. In RSE, since Cozmo already had the meteorite, you were never called over to the space station. Instead, they succeeded in their plans to teleport the meteor somewhere else.

Why didn't Zinna intervene? Simple, with no mega Rayquaza, she wouldn't be able to change anything. In Emerald, you've already battled Rayquaza by this point and in Ruby and Sapphire Rayquaza sits atop a destroyed Sky Pillar implying that Zinna may have already attempted to destroy it but fail due to Rayquaza being unable to mega evolve.

So what did happen to the meteor the RSE Hoenn teleported away?

Simple, it went to a place nobody expected it to go to. The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon world.

For those not familiar with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue/Red rescue team, you are a human turned Pokemon destined to save the Pokemon world... from a falling meteor about to impact and destroy the world... Sound familiar? It should do. You scaled Sky Tower to meet Rayquaza atop the clouds who's power you utilise to destroy the meteor. Here's the ending of the main plot of that game for anyone curious.

With your roll as a Pokemon fulfilled you start heading back to your human life until you beg to whatever deity to let you stay a Pokemon.

You know, you never hear the Hoenn protagonist referenced in any games that take place in the future, it's like he went to a completely different world and was forgotten about...

Now I know what you're thinking. Just a coincidence, right? Maybe but an even deeper connection is made. In ORAS, we discover that a Deoxys was intentionally steering that meteor into Hoenn. In post game PMD, a dungeon forms where the broken meteor fragments landed called Meteor Cave... at the bottom of which is a Deoxys which was implied to have been inside that meteor. When Deoxys awakes, it seems very confused as to where it is, almost as if it went off course. You can see that here.

It is of my opinion that the human who got turned into a Pokemon in PMD was the RSE protagonist a short time after all the events of RSE unfolded. Your destiny to destroy that meteor was hard coded across all universes. No matter where it was going to land, fate would make sure you were there to stop it. Therefore you were transformed into a Pokemon to chase after it.
[close]

Internet, I love you.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

mikey

unmotivated

SlowPokemon

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bespinben

Where is your soul!?

(I've freaking wanted this sort of explanation for how the PMD world and the Pokémon world relate for nearly a DECADE now)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

BlackDragonSlayer

Well, I think it's pretty interesting.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

I thought zinnia didn't exist in the other timeline
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

There's nothing saying she doesn't. Literally every other character exists in the alternate Hoenn, so who's to say Zinnia is the only one that doesn't?

I think it's definitely a cool and interesting way of looking at it.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

SlowPokemon

I rather like that theory, even if it's totally baseless and unofficial.