News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[3DS] Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - "The Law of Pajamaja" by Jordan Knapp

Started by Zeta, October 29, 2014, 11:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: The Law of Pajamaja
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Jordan Knapp

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maelstrom

Excelent. I didn't expect to remember the music from Dream Team that much.
It looks pretty good and I can't see anything wrong with it.

SlowPokemon

Hmm there are some things I'm unsure about but I appreciate that! But on the contrary, I found that playing Dream Team reminded me why I started loving video game music in the first place. It's a contender for my favorite game soundtrack ever.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SlowPokemon

Does anyone else want to check this? Just because it's been almost a month since I submitted it

Olimar12345

I have LOTS to say about this one but ACK I have to go! I'll see if I can pop in later today!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Awesome! And be brutal when/if you do; I want my arrangement to be awesome!

Olimar12345

A few things:

-You could add staccato markings to the eighth notes at the beginning, as it fits the style.

-The lone Bb's in measures 5-6 should be paired in chord with a lower 5th scale-degree (F in this case). This also applies to the rest of the piece.

-The eighth notes in measure 21 are incorrect. They should also be in thirds (like you have in 22).

-You're missing the harmony in measures 23-24. Sounds like flute and marimba.

-The LH in measure 24 isn't there in the original. Were you trying to simulate the percussion? I'd just remove it and leave it RH only.

-Measure 47-48 LH would make more since imo to continue the previous pizz. line. The block chords seem to come out of no-where.

More to come.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

All right, I've made all the changes you recommended but I'm not going to reupload the sheet until you're done critiquing if that's okay!

SlowPokemon

Also, I agree with you about this:
Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 01, 2014, 09:45:39 AM-Measure 47-48 LH would make more since imo to continue the previous pizz. line. The block chords seem to come out of no-where.

But I want your opinion: Should I continue the pizzicato, and replace the final staccato G in m. 48 with a half note block G chord? Or should I just notate the pizzicato line as it is, the same as mm. 43-44?

By the way, I just realized I didn't have harmony for m. 11 either, so I went ahead and added that.

And one final thing--as for the LH in m. 24, without anything it sounds very awkward. Without the percussion it sounds very bare bones which is fine if you think that's all right, but if not, do you have any suggestions?

SlowPokemon

MaestroUGC

I thought about adapting the score to {IT'S A SECRET, DON'T STEAL MY IDEA} for piano solo. Like a straight transcription to rest of you guys do.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345

Think you could upload just the corrected .mus file? I would like to take a look, if possible.

SlowPokemon

So sorry this took so long!! I updated the MUS file (but the other files are still the old ones).

SlowPokemon

I hate to be annoying but I submitted this almost two months ago and was just wondering if anyone had any updates about it xD

Olimar12345