News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Debate Topic

Started by Sebastian, October 21, 2014, 10:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dude

guys I broke it up into sentences on Google and nothing came up so I think he might have made it himself??

Altissimo

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FireArrow

It passed a plagiarism checker with 100%.

I didn't know it was possible to get 100% on those.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Altissimo

Quote from: FireArrow on April 12, 2016, 07:49:44 PMIt passed a plagiarism checker with 100%.

Are you telling me that Maestro actually had an original thought for once?

It's not even about music, though, go figure

Ruto

Quote from: FireArrow on April 12, 2016, 07:49:44 PMIt passed a plagiarism checker with 100%.

It is. Says me and my paper on Mayan astronomy/astrology back in sophmore year. (+ some other papers on Greek/Roman stuff). That's after I took off the works I quoted ofc...Obviously I don't have access to the codices and I can't translate the language so eh.

Should let the kid do his own homework, if he copies it verbatim and a google post brings it back to here, what use is that? What about academic integrity?

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

mikey

wow you guys are harsh
It's clear that maestro only uses Wikipedia for subjects which he considers himself inferior.  Also reading through it I didn't notice any grammar errors, which is likely cause of how fast I read it, and as far as I know he doesn't make grammar errors?  Lol but yeah glancing at it looks like a copy paste but when you read it you can hear a voice so it doesn't seem like wikipedia
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Aight guys c'mon now. It was fun while it lasted, and it's a funny gag now, but stuff like

Quote from: Altissimo on April 12, 2016, 08:09:43 PMAre you telling me that Maestro actually had an original thought for once?

It's not even about music, though, go figure

doesn't really help anyone and at this point is just being a dick. YES, we all know about the contents of the classical discussion thread. But we need to be able to let things go for the most part. Nothing wrong with making the occasional joke or whatever but 7 or 8 posts is a bit much IMO.
At the same time, many of us are trying to encourage mods (Maestro and the others) to be more impartial. The best thing we can do to help garner that response is to not be dicks.
what is shitpost

Dudeman

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 12, 2016, 09:06:42 PMAlso reading through it I didn't notice any grammar errors, which is likely cause of how fast I read it, and as far as I know he doesn't make grammar errors?
Yeah, you might wanna read slower next time. Maestro has a pattern of some grammatical errors in long stuff. This one's no different. But it was a good explanation. I liked it.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Ruto on April 12, 2016, 08:36:56 PMIt is. Says me and my paper on Mayan astronomy/astrology back in sophmore year. (+ some other papers on Greek/Roman stuff). That's after I took off the works I quoted ofc...Obviously I don't have access to the codices and I can't translate the language so eh.

Should let the kid do his own homework, if he copies it verbatim and a google post brings it back to here, what use is that? What about academic integrity?
I can vouch for E. Gaddd and say this has nothing to do with homework. It's just a topic to debate about.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

E. Gadd Industries

Yeah, we covered this in AP World, and I actually thought it would be interesting to hear peoples' opinions (which I'll be posting my own in a bit).
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Altissimo

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on April 12, 2016, 09:55:48 PMAight guys c'mon now. It was fun while it lasted, and it's a funny gag now, but stuff like

doesn't really help anyone and at this point is just being a dick. YES, we all know about the contents of the classical discussion thread. But we need to be able to let things go for the most part. Nothing wrong with making the occasional joke or whatever but 7 or 8 posts is a bit much IMO.
At the same time, many of us are trying to encourage mods (Maestro and the others) to be more impartial. The best thing we can do to help garner that response is to not be dicks.

nah i just do it because i dont feel like acknowledging giant text walls

i'll keep what you said in mind though and just ignore them entirely next time!

(no seriously, i don't want to be a dick. so i'll just ignore it)

Waddle Bro

it's easy to use textbooks and notes help you out when writing a text, can vouch for that. especially in history since you don't need to apply that to anything new. and just because a text uses a lot of terms, doesn't mean it's straight copy-paste.

also reasons that pushed united states to use the atomic bomb
-pearl harbour
-avoiding the opponent's landing to the main islands
-the kamikaze attacks
-it served as a warning to the red army
-the military and scientific interest
-truman's desire to be written down in the history books as the president who ended the war

in a nutshell.

Ruto

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on April 13, 2016, 04:59:37 AMYeah, we covered this in AP World, and I actually thought it would be interesting to hear peoples' opinions (which I'll be posting my own in a bit).

Quote from: BrainyLucario on April 13, 2016, 03:44:52 AMI can vouch for E. Gaddd and say this has nothing to do with homework. It's just a topic to debate about.

Sure, so it *was* homework?

It's not a debate yet if you don't defend yourself...

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.