Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario 64
Console: Nintendo 64
Title: Bowser's Road
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Don Valentino

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

DonValentino

The Deku Trombonist

Here's something to work with: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84117653/Assistance/Super%20Mario%2064%20-%20Bowser%27s%20Road.mus

I didn't really want to do that, but it was the easiest way I could think of to show you. You might want to go through and check playability/arrange the harmonies as you wish.

Things to note:
-You had the rhythm right the first time on beat 4 in that starting riff.
-Rhythm grouping bar 17 and 20
-Bar 27-28 has 3 accompanying voices: The one in the bass (Ab->G) and two in the RH (G->F & C->B)
-Bar 33 neeeeeds that Eb to clash with the D and then the D resolves down etc etc
-Bar 38 has a C
-Bar 39 has B which then moves to a C in the last bar

If you want an extra challenge, try and capture the rhythmic drive in the LH.

DonValentino

First of all, thanks for inverting time in correcting it :J

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on October 17, 2014, 01:41:24 AM-Bar 27-28 has 3 accompanying voices: The one in the bass (Ab->G) and two in the RH (G->F & C->B)

Didn't really add those because of playability in some parts, but I'll take another look at that.

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on October 17, 2014, 01:41:24 AM-Bar 33 neeeeeds that Eb to clash with the D and then the D resolves down etc etc

Got it :J

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on October 17, 2014, 01:41:24 AM-Bar 38 has a C

That's correct lol

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on October 17, 2014, 01:41:24 AM-Bar 39 has B which then moves to a C in the last bar

Got it!

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on October 17, 2014, 01:41:24 AMIf you want an extra challenge, try and capture the rhythmic drive in the LH.

I'll sure do!

DonValentino

Whoops, I meant to write "invest", spend time. Although invest is used for money... Well whatever lol

DonValentino

QuoteDeku: -What if from bar 19-26 you turned the top (only the top) first note of each bar in the LH into a semibreve? There is a voice which actually does have that line in that octave, sustained throughout. Just something to try out.

Actually, now that you pointed that out, I can hear it already from bar 11.

Also, corrected the playability issue in the chorale section with... parentheses! (yay I'm so smart lol jk)

And regarding the rhythmic drive of the LH, I think I'll just leave it there. Sooo, anything else I should look into? :J

The Deku Trombonist

Just quickly, it's probably better to just leave those couple of notes out then. They're a pretty huge stretch, especially with the little tune on top. And the option to roll it quickly is kinda taken away/made silly by the grace note.

I'll take a proper look when I have a bit more time.

DonValentino

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on October 19, 2014, 04:21:47 PMJust quickly, it's probably better to just leave those couple of notes out then. They're a pretty huge stretch, especially with the little tune on top. And the option to roll it quickly is kinda taken away/made silly by the grace note.

I'll take a proper look when I have a bit more time.

Yep, agreed.

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on October 20, 2014, 12:41:51 AMJust a thought...

Oh I thought you meant to add the rhythmic drive in the entire LH (the D-D-D-D-D-C#). Thanks for spending your time in that too (now I wrote it correctly lol).

The Deku Trombonist

The Deku Trombonist