[DELETED] [MUL] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Blue/Red Rescue Team - "Versus Boss" by daemok

Started by Zeta, October 15, 2014, 06:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Blue/Red Rescue Team
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Versus Boss
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: daemok

JDMEK5

Nice arrangement, but I basically redid all your formatting because I didn't know where to start.

Huzzah

I didn't really check accuracy or anything else really. Just rhythm grouping, key changes, and formatting.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

daemok

Thanks a lot for fixing up the formatting! I don't actually work in Finale, I use Musescore; in order to get a .mus at all I had to convert the score to MusicXML and then save it in Finale. That's why that looks so bad, haha...

I noticed that in measure 27 the wrong chord's played in the right hand, but hey, I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. I'll try to figure out how to work with Finale enough to lower the chord. Thanks again!

EDIT: Uhhhh. I should specify that I'm using Finale Notepad, which is apparently crazily limited... And I can't find any decent tutorial with it... If you're ever willing to, or if anyone is, the tempo's 219, and measures 27-28 are these notes:

If anyone could fully iron out the .mus for me that would be incredible. lol
And thanks again, JDMEK5, that was a huge help already. :D

Bespinben

I had two conflicting thoughts when I first saw this submission:
- Yay new PMD arrangers! (and of Rescue Team, to boot)
- Crap my PMD arrangement monopoly is in jeopardy!

That said, I would more than LOVE to "iron out" your .mus, but I fear my ulterior motives would entice me to step far beyond that level of "sheet cleaning". Tell ya what - I'll whip up an edit of this, and I'll post it here in a day or so. Then tell me if you approve of my manhandling of your sheet or not, and we'll see what happens next.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

FireArrow

Are those key changes really necessary? It seems like it'd be better to just leave them as accidentals.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

daemok

Quote from: Bespinben on October 31, 2014, 11:52:22 PMTell ya what - I'll whip up an edit of this, and I'll post it here in a day or so. Then tell me if you approve of my manhandling of your sheet or not, and we'll see what happens next.

WHAAA YES I LOOK FORWARD TO THAT

(You're pretty much the only name I remember from the couple times I'd been on these forums before posting this. So, yeah. Plus your other arrangements ROCK.)

Quote from: FireArrow on November 01, 2014, 01:29:35 PMAre those key changes really necessary? It seems like it'd be better to just leave them as accidentals.

The key changes aren't necessary, I guess, but it makes it easier for me to read. For example, the E minor chords in the first key change are nicer-looking when actually in E minor than they would be marked with naturals in F. If the key changes don't make it easier for other people to read then yeah, they should probably be removed. Thank you for mentioning!

FireArrow

Quote from: daemok on November 02, 2014, 06:03:35 PMThe key changes aren't necessary, I guess, but it makes it easier for me to read. For example, the E minor chords in the first key change are nicer-looking when actually in E minor than they would be marked with naturals in F. If the key changes don't make it easier for other people to read then yeah, they should probably be removed. Thank you for mentioning!

Personally, I find it easier to just read accidentals if it's only for a measure. I pretty sure it's more proper anyways, but I'd wait for an updater to be sure.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

The Deku Trombonist

Bespinben

Maelstrom

Bespinben

It's a strange position for me, even though I tried to keep a PM correspondence with Daemok so that way my edits don't become an entirely new entity from his original arrangement. However, when he hasn't been online for months, and there are spots in his sheet that are blatantly wrong (m. 19-26 LH) or missing parts (m. 9-12), it puts me in a state of limbo not knowing what to do. I mean, he'd probably be fine with whatever I do to it, judging from his excitement at my offer to help, but I just am really trying to get away from the whole "BespinSheetMusic" mentality that I often succumb to.

The Deku Trombonist