News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [PC] The Binding of Isaac - "Sacrificial" by tallonmetroid

Started by Zeta, October 15, 2014, 10:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: The Binding of Isaac
Console: PC
Title: Sacrificial
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: tallonmetroid

tallonmetroid

Update: I made a small change to the end of the sheet, but when i go to nsm panel --> edit, and I try to submit my updated files I keep getting a database error. So, there is a slightly more accurate ending, and once the site decides to let me, I will submit it.

tallonmetroid

Here are the links to the updated files from dropbox.
MUS  PDF  MID

McDucky

Cool, I never finished my arrangement, but it was a bit more complex :p

tallonmetroid

Yeah, this is definitely a simple version, but I think I captured the gist of it.  :)

Bloop

Overall things:
Replace every 8th-tie-16th note with a dotted 8th note, and replace every dotted quarter-tie-dotted quarter note with a dotted half note. It cleans the sheet up by a lot :p.
Remove the dynamics above the upper staff. If any dynamic marking is placed between two staves, the player will know both hands have to play in that dynamic.
Try to add measure numbers. Finale should be doing that by default, though.
Also, add pedal markings. It creates the feeling this song needs.

Now into more depth:
-Try to implement the background voices (like the bass and the flute) into the first three staves.
-Make power chords in the left hand where the electric guitar kicks in. Electric guitars like this in metal usually play power chords anyway.
-2nd page, left hand, first two bars: The chord here is pretty much unplayable. You can move the upper note to the right hand to fix this.
-2nd page, 3rd-5th stave: Try arranging the lower voice into the left hand. Also, arrange the right hand like this (it's way easier to read):

-Bar before final bar: Replace the 8th-tied-8th note with a quarter note.

Despite these fixes, it's not a bad arrangement! I think this is (one of) your first, right? My first sheet was probably worse (idk where it went though).

Bespinben

Woah. I knew you're name looked familiar. Welcome back to NSM tallon!

I second everything Bloop said. I would like to throw in one more tidbit though - I feel the forte section starting at measure 13 could have a bit more... substance, to it. I know the OST itself doesn't provide much for you to work with in that section besides power chords on electric guitars, but I think with a little creativity this can be easily adapted.

Here's one idea that came to me for the forte section you could try out if you like it. It incorporates that 3 vs. 2 polyrhythm that's prominent in that section:

(And, if you're pressed for ideas, there's in an absolutely splendid cover of this song done by UnofficialSoundtrack on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eJzTUdYelM)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bespinben

*le poke* "Wakey wakey Tallon!"

...but srsly, anything going on with this one?

tallonmetroid

Well, I'm currently working on my bachelors of CS, so I'm super pressed for time. The soonest I could work on this again is probably not for another couple of months. But, if anyone wants to revise it and put there own twist on it, go for it! Just because I personally can't work on it right now doesn't mean that no one should be able to! :)

tallonmetroid

I will get back to it at some point, but I just won't be able to for a while. Sorry guys.

Bespinben

Moving this archives to clear up the submissions page. Man, this one is as old as I've been back!

(Do hope to see this again sometime though Talon ;) )