Series: Super Mario
Game: Mario Kart 8
Console: Wii U
Title: Main Menu
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: The Deku Trombonist

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bloop

The only thing I could point out is that you should add an F in bars 3 and 7, because I clearly hear the melody playing an F. Except for that, I'd like to call this accepted, but I'm not olimar enough to do so.

Sebastian

DonValentino

Quote from: Bloop on October 21, 2014, 10:33:47 AMbars 4 and 7

Fixed. Yeah, kinda distorted, but I agree on the F. Thing is the D sounds more than the F, so maybe Deku decided to remove the F to reproduce the effect.

Bloop

It's actually 3, note how the first measure isn't counted (the 6th measure says it's 5)

DonValentino

Quote from: Bloop on October 21, 2014, 01:27:36 PMIt's actually 3, note how the first measure isn't counted (the 6th measure says it's 5)

The Deku Trombonist

I'm on my phone so I'm kinda guessing which bit you're talking about. Anyway, I just heard a D in that bar. It's pretty much impossible to tell because it's comprised of two voices (just like the end credits of Mario kart Wii). The chords stay the same and repeat while the tune moves. Unfortunately, they overlap (again, just like Mario kart Wii) which is lame. So basically, in bar3, I heard more D. Besides, who doesn't love a little bit of melodic development?  :P If it's really that bad though, I can change it.

Bloop

I don't think it's that bad, if you wanna leave it a D, then do so. I guess another updater will accept it too :p

The Deku Trombonist

Winter

Honestly, I'm going with Bloop on this one. For those two bars I hear an F on the half-note chords, just as they were on the 8th note before them. Other than that, seems fine to call accepted!

EDIT: (I have no idea how to move this into the update queue)

The Deku Trombonist

That's because there is. The Bb-D-F chord stays the entire time, as the harmony. It just happens that the melody moves within that range, which is strange. I could write it out like that with 2 voices but I'm not sure how friendly a sheet it would be.