News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Hyrule Warriors

Started by K-NiGhT, October 08, 2014, 12:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

Is this game any good? I've been thinking of getting it, but I'd like a couple second opinions before i rush down to walmart.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Sebastian

Haven't played it yet....but hope to soon. I've been way to busy.

mikey

I haven't played it, but I'm not really interested in it, it's not really like other Zelda games.
unmotivated

fingerz

I love it! It's one of the few types of smash-'em-up games that I could play all day. Seriously, destroying that many enemies is GREAT fun! :D

The goods: infinite bombs/arrows/etc so you can spam away, excellent character selection and leveling system, LOTS of enemies and a really intriguing storyline.

The bads: Obviously it gets repetitive (doesn't bother me but might bother you), the graphics aren't the best the Wii U's ever seen and the fact that there's an awful lot of boob... I've never seen anything quite like it in a Zelda game before... O.o

Not that the constant sight of boobs is a bad thing, I just don't think it's necessary in a Zelda-ish game. XD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

K-NiGhT

Quote from: fingerz on October 08, 2014, 02:37:09 PMthe fact that there's an awful lot of boob... I've never seen anything quite like it in a Zelda game before... O.o

Not that the constant sight of boobs is a bad thing, I just don't think it's necessary in a Zelda-ish game. XD
lol wtf

fingerz

Well, search up the character Cia from Hyrule Warriors and you'll see what I mean. :P
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Roz~

^The only reason we get to see that much cleavage = Team Ninja
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

fingerz

Yeah, it's pretty typical for them to include lots of that. Zelda won't live that down for a good while now, though.

FierceDeity

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 08, 2014, 12:52:20 PMI haven't played it, but I'm not really interested in it, it's not really like other Zelda games.

Yeah, any game not like Zelda games clearly isn't worth playing
(I know that's not what you meant, I just found it funny how that's basically what you said)

mikey

Quote from: FierceDeity on October 12, 2014, 03:12:49 PMYeah, any game not like Zelda games clearly isn't worth playing
(I know that's not what you meant, I just found it funny how that's basically what you said)
Yeaaaaaaah, I guess what I mean to say is when I saw the trailers I was like "where's the dungeons"
and I cried.
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Well your mistake was in thinking this was a Zelda game. It's a Zelda game in the same way that Pokemon Dash is a Pokemon game--just a different game with characters from a beloved Nintendo series.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 12, 2014, 06:44:26 PMWell your mistake was in thinking this was a Zelda game. It's a Zelda game in the same way that Pokemon Dash is a Pokemon game--just a different game with characters from a beloved Nintendo series.
Yeah I noticed that when people started saying stuff about "Dynasty Warriors" (??).
and I cried.
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

Well i bought the game; won't be able to play it until tomorrow night when i get back to my apartment. Will let everyone know what i think of it :D cuz you all totally care

Dudeman

One of my major pet peeves hearing about this game is how everyone's like, "WHERES MAH ZELDAS THERES NO DUNGEONS SUCH REPETITIVE WORST GAME"
Guys. It's NOT Zelda U. It's a DYNASTY WARRIORS game with a Zelda reskin, plus a few Zelda-ish elements (slight exploration, items, an actually halfway-decent story, the dang Gold Skulltulas). Don't go into this game with a Zelda mindset. Go in with a hack-and-slash mindset and appreciate the Zelda parts.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

Quote from: Dudeman on October 12, 2014, 09:18:30 PMOne of my major pet peeves hearing about this game is how everyone's like, "WHERES MAH ZELDAS THERES NO DUNGEONS SUCH REPETITIVE WORST GAME"
Guys. It's NOT Zelda U. It's a DYNASTY WARRIORS game with a Zelda reskin, plus a few Zelda-ish elements (slight exploration, items, an actually halfway-decent story, the dang Gold Skulltulas). Don't go into this game with a Zelda mindset. Go in with a hack-and-slash mindset and appreciate the Zelda parts.
We just established that!  It makes me sad because I wanted a real zelda game :/
unmotivated