News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

Hyrule Warriors

Started by K-NiGhT, October 08, 2014, 12:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

I just generally don't enjoy spin-offs that much.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

It's good that you enjoy it K-night :P
unmotivated

fingerz

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 15, 2014, 06:50:04 AMBecause they're actually good beyond button mashing and Zelda is a franchise that has never reduced to much outside a main series game before.
And then there's the Pokemon Rumble series. :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

KefkaticFanatic

There are great examples of spinoffs (Pokemon Ranger, Metal Gear Rising) and then there are awful (Pokemon Rumble, CD-i).  You will only limit yourself with your own ignorance, similar to how some kids go 'WELL I DONT LIKE FPS GAMES CAUSE THEY ALL ARE DUMB AND THE SAME'.

me irl
[close]

fingerz

Agreed. You'll never know unless you play it for yourself. :)
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

mikey

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on October 15, 2014, 02:23:35 PMThere are great examples of spinoffs (Pokemon Ranger, Metal Gear Rising) and then there are awful (Pokemon Rumble, CD-i).  You will only limit yourself with your own ignorance, similar to how some kids go 'WELL I DONT LIKE FPS GAMES CAUSE THEY ALL ARE DUMB AND THE SAME'.
But all FPS games are the same
unmotivated

MaestroUGC

That's like saying all video games are video games.

They're not, you know.

Some of them are video games.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

Quote from: MaestroUGC on October 15, 2014, 08:02:01 PMThat's like saying all video games are video games.

They're not, you know.

Some of them are video games.
I was joking :P  There are some differences between stuff like CoD and Halo

But yes, not all video games are video games.
unmotivated

Maelstrom

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 15, 2014, 08:08:01 PMBut yes, not all video games are video games.
Correct. Some are books.

SlowPokemon

They're still video games.

Maelstrom

Quotevid·e·o game
noun
a game played by electronically manipulating images produced by a computer program on a television screen or other display screen.

SlowPokemon

JDMEK5

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 15, 2014, 06:50:04 AMBecause they're actually good beyond button mashing and Zelda is a franchise that has never reduced to much outside a main series game before.
Actually when I saw the trailer, I thought to myself, "Oh great, here we go again. Another freaking button mashing game to endlessly accomplish mindless dribble." But I played the demo yesterday and I was actually pleasantly surprised and impressed at how little it actually is button mashing. Each button actually does a substantially different thing and while you do use the attack button the most by far, you always have more (creativer) options available. Despite it being one of those "mass-massacre" games, it really did play like a mainline Zelda game. I honestly don't think you guys should slam it so hard if you've never tried it. (Obviously, go right ahead if you have tried it though.)

Quote from: K-NiGhT on October 13, 2014, 10:58:45 PMThe gameplay is admittedly repetitive but the story grips me
And apparently there's a story too. A good one. I'd say that on top of the actual fun that it is would make it worth the buy.
When I get a WiiU, I'm definitely leaving space in my budget for this game.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

fingerz

Agreed completely! It's a super-solid design and it's nowhere near as boring as many other games from this sub-genre of videogames. In fact, it's not even boring! After all, who doesn't like slaying over 2000 Gorons in a level? ^^