News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

The BIONICLE 2015 speculation thread

Started by mikey, September 14, 2014, 01:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Guys my store had them!
Only I couldn't afford them at MSRP because I didn't have enough cash on me at the time...
unmotivated

Dudeman

I'm really, really happy that Bionicle is selling so well. I think LEGO was concerned that rebooting the franchise would kill a lot of the hype, but with the sales as they are, they might extend past their three-year plan!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

More Summer 2015 pictures, sorted for your convenience.

Boxes

[close]

Skull Warrior

[close]

Skull Slicer

[close]

Skull Basher

[close]

Skull Scorpio

[close]

Ekimu

[close]

Skull Grinder

[close]

There's also this video.

Interesting Observations
- Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder seems to come in a regular box, like the old titans.

- Red eye piece.

- Silver torsos. These are good because they appear to make the unused ball joints less apparent.

- New pieces to simulate bones. They look like they might be fragile, but I trust they'll stay strong through regular building.

- Skull Warrior and Skull Slicer seem to have inconsistent armoring and lopsided appearance (Skull Slicer's shoulder armor, for example), either to simulate a ragged-undead-warrior style of enemies... or somebody put the pieces on wrong. :P

- Skull Slicer's "friction gears" are bigger, possibly as a way to enable multiple arms not connected to the same joint.

- Skull Basher has horns coming out of his head, and seems to have a lot going on back at the gearbox (assuming it even uses a gearbox... I can't really tell because of the angle).

- Skull Scorpio doesn't appear to have a gear function, but rather, a more Technic-based one (with the aid of rubber bands) like the Lord of Skull Spiders (also the tiny bits of red on it really clash). There really aren't enough pictures of it to see what I want to see. This set could either be really awesome or really... err... unexceptional.

- Skull Grinder is A+ (them shoulders/gearbox :V).

- Ekimu also has a gearbox, meaning two in one set! :3
[close]
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

hyped for ekimu

also got Lewa, Tahu, and Pohatu.  Planning on combining them a la original toa nuva somehow, for the nostalgia factor.  I'll figure something out
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

unmotivated

Dudeman

That Ekimu-Grinder-Skorpio combiner is hella rad. Do want.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

Instructions for the sets themselves, if anybody is curious (no combo instructions yet, though). Skull Basher's instructions are particularly fascinating, and make me want to see more sets that use Technic features rather than gearboxes in the future (although the gearboxes are great, diversity is always a good thing). Skull Scorpio's instructions look pretty complex for a set like that, though I'm not sure if the end result is as positive as I would like it to be (perhaps they still need to work on using CCBS for non-bipedal figures).

EDIT: Also some reviews.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Maelstrom

They still looks like something I don't really want to spend my money on.
Call me when the make something like Axel or Brutaka again.

BlackDragonSlayer

Also, unrelated to previous subject, but I found this fun little video. :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

2016 GET HYPED.

I like Lewa, Tahu, and Pohatu the best (winged Tahu is majestic, and Pohatu has a rock on a chain as part of his weapon- simply simply quite awesome; all three have good-looking masks, but Lewa's just knocks everything else out of the park). Also, I love the use of the Vorox/Skrall piece. Nice to see it coming back- it has a very versatile shape. Also of note is that Lewa seems to be the only Toa without blue eyes.

The creatures by themselves are only mildly interesting.

Umarak is pretty cool, if a bit jumbled (what is that golden mask that comes with him? Doesn't look like the Mask of Control, and doesn't look like his own?). Also of note... are those BLUE 2-axles? :O

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 27, 2015, 04:45:01 AM(what is that golden mask that comes with him? Doesn't look like the Mask of Control, and doesn't look like his own?)
I'm fairly certain that it is the Mask of Control. It seems that they've changed it a bit from the animation design. TBH, I liked it when it didn't have a trunk-nose-thing.

Stoked for this next wave. All the Toa look hella rad.

mikey

unmotivated

Dudeman

Ha, I wish. The set names that have been leaked are calling them "Uniters" instead of "Masters," so maybe at the end of this wave they'll receive a power upgrade? Or maybe it's referring to how they can combine with their respective beasts?

Also: anyone else been watching the animations? My favorite moment was easily in episode 13. "A breeze? What are you, the Master of Air?"

mikey

AAAH I DID BUT I DIDN"T KNOW THERE WERE NEW ONES
unmotivated