The Next Official Arrangement Project

Started by Olimar12345, September 12, 2014, 06:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

The thing is, I'd like to do something that's not one of the big 3. Just because it's not one doesn't mean that no one will arrange for it. And we need to choose a soundtrack that arranges well. You can't say that for every Zelda, Mario, and Pokémon game. Kirby's Return to Dreamland firs the bill well.
And, there was some interest in Xenoblade for those wondering. All you need to do is look through the other pages and ignore my obnoxious posts. (I still can't believe I acted like that)

AwesomeYears

Some of the knockoff Mario franchises need some love, like Mario Party and Mario Kart. Also, Kid Icarus Uprising is a fairly new franchise and has lots of love by some users here as well as the whole internet.

Maelstrom

I personally love the KI:U OST but the majority of it just wouldn't arrange well.

Sebastian

I think your both right! :)
The biggest problems are probably these.
Everyone has such a different opinion that we won't be able to pick one that everyone agrees on. So, how about we have the voting take place in this thread not on a poll. And I think only arrangers should be able to vote since they are doing the arranging of course and anyone that votes should participate in the project even if it's not the game they want. Since everyone has such a different opinion, this might be the way it has to work :/
Any thoughts?

Latios212

Mario Kart 8 works great! I'd be inclined to say Kirby's Return to Dreamland works better because recent Kirby games need more love. (Well, you can say that about pretty much any series, but you get the point.)

Quote from: mariolegofan on April 27, 2015, 07:43:58 PMEveryone has such a different opinion that we won't be able to pick one that everyone agrees on. So, how about we have the voting take place in this thread not on a poll. And I think only arrangers should be able to vote since they are doing the arranging of course and anyone that votes should participate in the project even if it's not the game they want. Since everyone has such a different opinion, this might be the way it has to work :/
Any thoughts?

I'm fine with this. Pretty much everyone who's posted on this thread is a great arranger. (I admire all of you a lot. Really. Me? I'm working on becoming as legit as you guys. I'll get there someday. In the meantime, I'll help you out as much as I can.) And I don't think the opposition to a fairly popular game will turn a signficant amount of arrangers away, anyway.

Summer break is coming up and I'll try to put a lot more effort into arranging. I've been mostly busy with schoolwork, which is why I haven't been arranging much, but I'll try to step it up and produce some more material in the coming months.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

Can we get a list on the OP or something of all the candidates so far?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Olimar12345

Quote from: JDMEK5 on April 27, 2015, 08:50:58 PMCan we get a list on the OP or something of all the candidates so far?

Sure, I'll compile a list, but to avoid confusion lets start over. Back to the OP's original request: everyone post ONE game to nominate.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

Are there any Zelda games we could do?
unmotivated

Dudeman

I'm sure A Link Between Worlds and The Minish Cap could use a boost, but other than that Zelda's pretty well covered.
also i suggest mega man if anyone wants to
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

unmotivated

AwesomeYears

Obviously Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon!

... It's actually has an impressive soundtrack for its time...

Voting for Kirby Super Star Ultra

Sebastian

Voting Mario Kart 8
I know Fingerz would want to do this one too.^

Maelstrom

I'm debating between FE:A and Xenoblade. I'll decide when someone nominates either, or I run out of time.

SlowPokemon

Since I'm going for something that I think has a chance of getting a lot of interest, I'm voting Pokémon X & Pokémon Y.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Latios212

I nominate Kirby's Return to Dreamland. Good idea, Maelstrom.

Quote from: AwesomeYears on April 27, 2015, 09:39:54 PMObviously Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon!
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle