The Next Official Arrangement Project

Started by Olimar12345, September 12, 2014, 06:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Whoa this is still a thing

I'm down for anything Pokémon, of course. There are tons of great tracks I've love to see arranged.

In all fairness, though, SSB4 is probably a better choice for since it's universal and everyone can enjoy it.

Question, though: how far would this arrangement project go? Would every song be arranged, or would it just linger until people aren't interested in any of the remaining tracks?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Quote from: Latios212 on April 26, 2015, 05:42:37 PMQuestion, though: how far would this arrangement project go? Would every song be arranged, or would it just linger until people aren't interested in any of the remaining tracks?
MUST DO XENOBLADE
It really depends on how much interest there is and how many songs there are. Imo, it would be better not to do smash just because it's hard to discern what is unique enough from the original to deserve and arrangement and there is no definite end point with it as there are 150+ remixes.
I also think it should be something without a ton of arrangements on the site, and enough interest to get quite a few there.
I think we should pull a Maestro and vote for what everyone is ok with. But, seeing as this is different from hexameron, we would need some way to let people emphasize what they would arrange the most for, so we don't end up with something that everyone only wants to arrange one song for.

Sebastian

DonValentino

I don't think Smash 4 would be a good idea and here's why:

1. Do you know how many songs this thing has? The project would take literally forever and would be with no doubt dropped sooner than everyone expects. And if we have never finished relatively short projects like DQIX, who does really think we'll do Smash? Long projects always end up stagnant anyway...

2. A great majority of the song in Smash are originals from other games, so technically, you're not arranging Smash songs per se, just cluttering various songs from random games below the name "Smash Bros. 4". Because the subtitle has to be the original game if it's not remixed, not Smash Bros. That also leads to songs that were in older Smash games such as Melee, so in the end everything is just a mess: are we arranging the whole Smash series, just 4 but with Brawl and Melee themes? Who'd know.

And honestly, if these songs are not even arranged by request, I highly doubt they would be done just because of the arrangement project.

3. While it's undeniable that its popularity is enormous, we also have to think that arrangement projects do not depend solely on popularity even if it's an important point. I'm talking about accessibility. Aside from the gigantic number of tracks, Smash by no means has not even remotely easy songs to arrange.

An Arrangement Project has to be something which everyone more or less can contribute to, if not what's the point, if the songs are only accessible to arrangers like Bespinben, Olimar or Deku to name a few.

This is why I can't help but insist in doing a smaller and simpler project, so we actually finish it unlike all the AP to date. And that doesn't mean we have to do one with 6 songs or not known at all, we could easily do something with well-known series like Wario Land, Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, etc... just simpler.

JesterMusician

Quote from: DonValentino on April 27, 2015, 03:10:33 AMSmash by no means has not even remotely easy songs to arrange. An Arrangement Project has to be something which everyone more or less can contribute to, if not what's the point, if the songs are only accessible to arrangers like Bespinben, Olimar or Deku to name a few.

Welp, I was going to suggest Super Paper Mario, but looks like that ain't happening, haha.

Perhaps it would be worth looking at the popular sheets on the website? Particularly those that are also in a collection of only a few. Kingdom Hearts and Sonic songs, for example, garner quite a bit of popularity, though they're not Nintendo IP's so I'm not sure if they can be considered...

Tobbeh99

Quote from: DonValentino on April 27, 2015, 03:10:33 AMI don't think Smash 4 would be a good idea and here's why:

1. Do you know how many songs this thing has? The project would take literally forever and would be with no doubt dropped sooner than everyone expects. And if we have never finished relatively short projects like DQIX, who does really think we'll do Smash? Long projects always end up stagnant anyway...

2. A great majority of the song in Smash are originals from other games, so technically, you're not arranging Smash songs per se, just cluttering various songs from random games below the name "Smash Bros. 4". Because the subtitle has to be the original game if it's not remixed, not Smash Bros. That also leads to songs that were in older Smash games such as Melee, so in the end everything is just a mess: are we arranging the whole Smash series, just 4 but with Brawl and Melee themes? Who'd know.

And honestly, if these songs are not even arranged by request, I highly doubt they would be done just because of the arrangement project.

3. While it's undeniable that its popularity is enormous, we also have to think that arrangement projects do not depend solely on popularity even if it's an important point. I'm talking about accessibility. Aside from the gigantic number of tracks, Smash by no means has not even remotely easy songs to arrange.

An Arrangement Project has to be something which everyone more or less can contribute to, if not what's the point, if the songs are only accessible to arrangers like Bespinben, Olimar or Deku to name a few.

This is why I can't help but insist in doing a smaller and simpler project, so we actually finish it unlike all the AP to date. And that doesn't mean we have to do one with 6 songs or not known at all, we could easily do something with well-known series like Wario Land, Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, etc... just simpler.

Hmm you kind of changed my mind. Smart opinion, can definitely agree with you about accessibility and that smaller games might be a better choice.

Quote from: JesterMusician on April 27, 2015, 03:42:13 AMWelp, I was going to suggest Super Paper Mario, but looks like that ain't happening, haha.

Perhaps it would be worth looking at the popular sheets on the website? Particularly those that are also in a collection of only a few. Kingdom Hearts and Sonic songs, for example, garner quite a bit of popularity, though they're not Nintendo IP's so I'm not sure if they can be considered...

Have anyone mentioned Sonic? It seems like a great choice, not to difficult songs, well-known series and there aren't many Sonic arrangements on site.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 27, 2015, 05:16:20 AMHave anyone mentioned Sonic? It seems like a great choice, not to difficult songs, well-known series and there aren't many Sonic arrangements on site.
Not really enough interest.

Quote from: JesterMusician on April 27, 2015, 03:42:13 AMPerhaps it would be worth looking at the popular sheets on the website? Particularly those that are also in a collection of only a few. Kingdom Hearts and Sonic songs, for example, garner quite a bit of popularity, though they're not Nintendo IP's so I'm not sure if they can be considered...
So, basicly, Fire Emblem Awakening and Xenoblade Chronicles.

Sebastian

Let Xenoblade go :p
What about Mario Kart 8?

Maelstrom

Quote from: mariolegofan on April 27, 2015, 06:54:01 AMLet Xenoblade go :p
You haven't played it or even listened to it.
Quote from: Maelstrom on September 12, 2014, 08:48:06 PMSome Xenoblade music:
Title Theme
[close]
Incredible if you played the game
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
And some boss themes that might not arrange well...
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

As great as the Xenoblade OST is, there has to be community interest. Without that, the project would drag on for years with only one or two members doing anything.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 27, 2015, 08:11:53 AMAs great as the Xenoblade OST is, there has to be community interest. Without that, the project would drag on for years with only one or two members doing anything.
Point taken.
Again, sorry for continuing this, but maybe we should wait until the current project finishes. That way, we do not get way ahead of ourselves.

Olimar12345

^Literally the op and the reason there hasn't been a poll yet xD

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 12, 2014, 06:18:36 AMJust remember that this doesn't happen until after the current project is completed.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Quote from: Maelstrom on April 27, 2015, 07:06:28 AMYou haven't played it or even listened to it.
d
I Actually love th music from Xenoblade and wouldn't mind doing it for a project but it would just be us 2 doing it :/

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 27, 2015, 10:04:56 AM^Literally the op and the reason there hasn't been a poll yet xD
You're exactly right. The next step (other than finishing the current one) is narrowing down to a few games that we all really like and picking one that everyone agrees on.
I'll just throw a few popular ones out there.
The most popular Mario games would probably be these:
Mario Kart 8
Super Mario 3D World
And Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon.
According to the site stats.....these are the most popular with all the songs maxed in popularity (this is only under Super Mario)
As for Zelda, Ocarina of Time and/or Majoras Mask are the most popular.....but both of those have a lot of songs already.
As for Pokemon, idk. They are all so good musically.

I say we all decide on a popular Pokemon, Zelda, and Mario game that doesn't have many songs on site.
Then we take a vote on which game we picked from each category.

I say we pick a game that doesn't have many or any songs on site. That's why I thought Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon were good choices. They are all very popular both world wide and have a ton of popularity on the site.

Latios212

Quote from: mariolegofan on April 27, 2015, 03:37:29 PMI say we all decide on a popular Pokemon, Zelda, and Mario game that doesn't have many songs on site.
Then we take a vote on which game we picked from each category.

I say we pick a game that doesn't have many or any songs on site. That's why I thought Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon were good choices. They are all very popular both world wide and have a ton of popularity on the site.

I definitely like this idea of going with a main series game that doesn't have much arranged for it. Probably a recent game, as implied above, will have almost no sheets arranged for it. (Because people are busy and messy sheets aren't allowed on site anymore.)

So something like Pokémon X/Y (in addition to the ones mentioned above) would be a good idea... right now we just have 6 very good sheets on site and a few sitting on the submissions board, and... that's it.

Me wandering off on a tangent
As for many older games (in many series), it's not here, not there... as in there are a decent amount of songs arranged but they're for the most part bad, and there's also a lot of songs missing. I'd like to be involved in a dual replacement/arrangement project in the future. I can see that happening for many games.
[close]

Also, there are no Kirby songs on site from the past 5 years, and I can probably count on one hand how many have been arranged at all.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle