News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

The New Nintendo 3DS

Started by SlowPokemon, August 29, 2014, 05:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

The new features are neat and all, but I would have much rather they have waited to release an actual next gen portable than this half-gen DSi style thing.  I hope they're not stupid enough to fracture the userbase by releasing more than just a few token 'new 3DS' exclusive games, as I would be highly annoyed if I had to upgrade only a few years after getting a new console, but I really just don't know what Nintendo's real strategy is these days..

I definitely like all of the new features, though the 3D depending on motion and facial tracking sounds pretty sketchy so I'll have to see that in person first, but I really wouldn't expect them to utilize them much at all unless they really intend to fracture the userbase.  Considering the recent release of 2DS I really don't expect them to do so but... who knows.

Plus there's the issue of Nintendo not knowing how to deal with account-based online, so you would have to buy the new 3DS, transfer all of your data with a sketchy tool, and then sell off your old one.

me irl
[close]

Nebbles

The console does look nice, but I really don't see the desire to upgrade... and the exclusive games are kind of a terrible idea imo, you're screwing a lot people over who don't want to drop money on a new console just for a few games.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Maelstrom

I'll probably get the gamecube colored XL.

DonValentino

Quote from: Nebbles on August 29, 2014, 11:47:11 AMThe console does look nice, but I really don't see the desire to upgrade... and the exclusive games are kind of a terrible idea imo, you're screwing a lot people over who don't want to drop money on a new console just for a few games.

I hope those games are compatible with the Circle Pad Pro for the Old 3DS models, otherwise I agree.

I don't really like upgrades, but I think I'll consider buying a New XL, looks like it has fixed the flaws of the 3DS: slightly more powerful, second stick, 3D from a wider angle and built-in NFC, which could come in handy eventually. Also, I've never played Xenoblade.

Ehhh, I dunno. Maybe.

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 29, 2014, 11:45:25 AMPlus there's the issue of Nintendo not knowing how to deal with account-based online, so you would have to buy the new 3DS, transfer all of your data with a sketchy tool, and then sell off your old one.

Ugh it's so true that it hurts. :/

mikey

Hehehe I haven't even got a 3DS so I'll just wait till the best one comes out ;)
unmotivated

Jamaha

Quote from: Nebbles on August 29, 2014, 11:47:11 AMThe console does look nice, but I really don't see the desire to upgrade... and the exclusive games are kind of a terrible idea imo, you're screwing a lot people over who don't want to drop money on a new console just for a few games.

On the other hand, if the original 3DS just isn't powerful enough to run Xenoblade, then the exclusive game is better than no game at all.

I don't really see them purposefully excluding the older versions on most games. Unless you get some actual benefit from the new hardware, that's just a smaller userbase to sell the game to.

Nebbles

That is true, Xenoblade's a huge game and making a 3DS port for it was probably a huge challenge, so giving it a portable console with the processing power is at least nice of them so the game will run smoothly.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

fingerz

Fuck yes, take my money! :DD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Maelstrom

It's coming out in Australia and New Zealand on Nov. 21. Everywhere else is 2015

Yugi

fingerz

WHOA! We're getting something before all the other Western countries? That never happens... :O
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Kman96

Quote from: Waddle Bro on August 29, 2014, 09:19:05 AMApparently the new 3DS has a C-Stick.

Calling Sunshine remake already.
Oooohhh I would love that. Even thought I absolutely SUCK at the original. Really, I don't think I'll ever be able to beat it.
Party Hard!
[close]

fank009

Quote from: Yugi on September 24, 2014, 04:04:25 PMwait why do we get it first
stop complaining and gloat in the faces that we get something before everyone else (-japan) for a change

I'll prolly get it for xenoblade chronicles If I decide to get one... the mighty dollar can only go so far. (multiply that by australian prices multiply that by New zealand prices :/)
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Maelstrom

....but Xenoblade doesn't come out till 2015.  :)

fank009

I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...