News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The New Nintendo 3DS

Started by SlowPokemon, August 29, 2014, 05:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Okay... So it's confirmed that Xenoblade Chronicles is coming out specifically for this system, rather than for the original Nintendo 3DS... Does this mean we're going to see a lot more New Nintendo 3DS-exclusive games? I mean okay the new systems are awesome but I'd really rather not have to upgrade AGAIN... I want to know all of your opinions on this one.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Waddle Bro

I'll end up buying it by the time the new generation Pokémon game releases if not earlier for other games, so I won't care that much tbh.

3DS with HD would be the dopest shit though.

SlowPokemon

Truuuuuue the Vita is HD and it looks magnificent

Maelstrom

Now I'm glad I didn't get an XL  8)

Echo

I only have the original 3DS, so I'm in a better position than most to consider upgrading. I think overall it's sweet, especially with the new C-stick and secondary shoulder buttons, and the updated CPU would be appreciated.

I'm really interested in the Amiibo feature in particular though. On the one hand, I feel like Nintendo'll stray further away from AR cards because of Amiibos (and AR cards were already underused in general), and that would suck since the cards are cheaper and more convenient to store and carry. But on the other hand, it'll be interesting since Amiibos can be used between both the Wii U and 3DS, and they can store data, which might be cool.

But iirc, I think the new XL doesn't have the plate-switching feature like the regular one, so that's probably the biggest conflict for me. Like, do I want a bigger screen, or do I wanna play in style? First world problems, man...

EDIT: And speaking of Amiibos, launch line-up's been revealed, with $12.99 being the price in NA.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/08/nintendo_confirms_amiibo_launch_range_of_12_figurines

Probably gonna get the Marth figure if I decide on buying one. Anyone else planning on getting any?

SlowPokemon

I might get Pikachu or Villager just to have one when the game launches, but the figures I'm really interested in are Rosalina & Luma, Jigglypuff, and Bowser Jr., assuming the latter two are actually in the game.

Olimar12345

I'm so glad that they're releasing a normal sized model, and that I postponed my upgrade!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Waddle Bro

I'll most definitely get the Meta Knight and Bowser Jr. ones if they come out. Might get Greninja if one of the previous two won't release.

Interested in how they'd pull off Mr. Game & Watch lol

Roz~

I have to upgrade because I'd love to play Xenoblade on my 3DS. I wish the new model was more of an upgrade rather than a somewhat new system.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Waddle Bro

Apparently the new 3DS has a C-Stick.

Calling Sunshine remake already.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Roz~ on August 29, 2014, 09:05:00 AMI have to upgrade because I'd love to play Xenoblade on my 3DS. I wish the new model was more of an upgrade rather than a somewhat new system.

Same, I simply have to play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Maelstrom

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 29, 2014, 09:58:22 AMSame, I simply have to play Xenoblade Chronicles.
Wonderful game, but I'm not sure how the massive environments will transition to a small screen.

edit: and some sound quality will probably be lost.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: maelstrom. on August 29, 2014, 09:59:52 AMWonderful game, but I'm not sure how the massive environments will transition to a small screen.

edit: and some sound quality will probably be lost.

The New Nintendo 3DS systems have higher graphical and sound capabilities than the original system. Also the XL screen is really nice size.

Nebbles

I do want to play Xenoblade very, very badly, but if I luckily get my hands on the original game, I don't know what else I'd get this New 3DS for... all the upgrades sound nice, but my original 3ds still has no issues, and I'd have to transfer all my digital data over.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Maelstrom

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 29, 2014, 10:02:01 AMThe New Nintendo 3DS systems have higher graphical and sound capabilities than the original system. Also the XL screen is really nice size.
Wii Trailer
[/spoiler
[close]