News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Finale Songwriter help.

Started by Wolf, August 23, 2014, 07:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf

Well, this is probably the reason why I don't submit sheets that much, but if you guys can help me then I can make sheets way faster than now.
I'm a little weak with computers so I just don't get some stuff even if I try reading the instructions over and over.
First of all, how do I make 'tie's and '8va's? Ties just work as slurs and 8vas don't even work. Someone plz help me with dis situation.
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

Maelstrom

When selecting a note, push t for a tie. It needs to be the same note, or it will play both regardless. And there should be an 8va smartshape, but I have finale '11 and not songwriter so what do I know

Olimar12345

iirc, songwriter is the step between notepad and printmusic, so many things will be difficult to execute.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Wolf

Wolf

Oh and 1 more.
How do I control the speed of the playing thingy??? I put it on 100 per quarter note but decided to change it into 140 but won't work when I play the sheet.

JDMEK5

Go to the Expression Tool, double-click on your tempo marking (or on the first measure if you don't have one yet), then make one. (Details on making a tempo marking should be in the help section somewhere) Then go to "Edit", under the "Playback" tab, check the box that says "Match playback to metronome marking text". That should do it.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Wolf

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Wolf

I already asked this on my arrangements thread but I think saying it here will be a lot faster. How do I make an arrangement into a PDF file??

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!