News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Echovar's Arrangement ~Chaos Rings 2--Emotions(piano)~ 9/30 update

Started by Echovar, August 03, 2014, 09:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Echovar

Hello! New transcriber here and I'm looking for some feedback on Bravely Default's Serpent Devouring the Horizon before I publish it.
This is by far the hardest song I've transcribed so far and I want to make sure it's to the best of my ability. I think I am 90% done just need to add ending.

I think it would be fun to document my progress so that other transcribers can learn from it. The notes I changed is in purple in the PDF.
Red = Incomplete

Chaos Rings II
Emotions
[PDF] [Midi]
Spoiler
Transcription:
Original:
[close]

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
Serpent Devouring the Horizon

Progress #2 (Newest 8/5)
[PDF] [Midi]

-raised arpeggio(is that what they're called?) for measure 9 and 13
-beat fix for measure 13-16, that was a tricky one
-redid left hand melody and added right hand cords for measure 29-38
-alternate left hand variation for measure 52-53, because the previous one was too hard to play
-slowed down overall speed
-still need better ending

Progress #1
[PDF] [Midi]
Spoiler
Original:
[close]

I'm open to all suggestions, critiques and questions.

Maelstrom

PRetty good! If you didn't know, I finished revising my arrangement of this last week!  :P But you got that one part I couldn't: measure 9. And what's with the  double notes in measure 6+7? you could just tie them to the same effect...

Echovar

Quote from: maelstrom. on August 04, 2014, 06:58:18 AMPRetty good! If you didn't know, I finished revising my arrangement of this last week!  :P But you got that one part I couldn't: measure 9. And what's with the  double notes in measure 6+7? you could just tie them to the same effect...

Thanks! I know what you mean by measure 9, that was a toughie, it helps to slow down the audio for those guitar solos. I didn't use slurs because they looked messy, at one point I would have to use 2 of them in conjunction.

Sebastian

Welcome!
Nice Job on your first arrangement! :)
If your ever gonna be able to get any arrangements on the site, you are gonna need finale notepad.
Here is the where you can get it: http://www.finalemusic.com/products/finale-notepad/
Its free, safe and a very good music writer :)

Echovar

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 04, 2014, 08:12:33 AMWelcome!
Nice Job on your first arrangement! :)
If your ever gonna be able to get any arrangements on the site, you are gonna need finale notepad.
Here is the where you can get it: http://www.finalemusic.com/products/finale-notepad/
Its free, safe and a very good music writer :)

Thanks for the info! I use Sibelius but I'm sure I can transfer the xml file.

Olimar12345

Just passing by and noticed the name of this topic. Echovar, you might want to edit the title of your thread to say "Echover's Arrangement..." as we have another member named echo (lol). It might help avoid confusion in the future.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

I was looking through your piece a bit more. You might want to remove the extra 3-4 blank measures at the end of the PDF. And I'm not sure I'd call this a transcription, or at least a verbatim one, so I'm not sure how exactly to critique it.
 So, some general feedback:
It looks a bit messy as it is in some parts, but I'm not sure what to do about it.
8vas and vbs would clean up some of the notes that are way off the staff
And the time markings are kind of pointless. You might just want to copy me and put the title of the source of the song (except I put the character names for their themes instead of the song names, because that made more sense to me at the time..)
It feels like the tempo was slightly off in places, so you might just want to double check it.

FireArrow

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 04, 2014, 06:58:13 PMJust passing by and noticed the name of this topic. Echovar, you might want to edit the title of your thread to say "Echover's Arrangement..." as we have another member named echo (lol). It might help avoid confusion in the future.

Luckily Echo doesn't have an arrangement thread, and despite his lies promises, he's probably not gonna make one anytime soon.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Echovar

Quote from: maelstrom. on August 04, 2014, 07:35:45 PMI was looking through your piece a bit more. You might want to remove the extra 3-4 blank measures at the end of the PDF. And I'm not sure I'd call this a transcription, or at least a verbatim one, so I'm not sure how exactly to critique it.
 So, some general feedback:
It looks a bit messy as it is in some parts, but I'm not sure what to do about it.
8vas and vbs would clean up some of the notes that are way off the staff
And the time markings are kind of pointless. You might just want to copy me and put the title of the source of the song (except I put the character names for their themes instead of the song names, because that made more sense to me at the time..)
It feels like the tempo was slightly off in places, so you might just want to double check it.

I'm not as worried about appearance as much as technique for now, the time stamp is for my reference only it would be in the final pdf. And you're right the beat is wrong for measure 13-16, I fixed it in the update :)

Echovar

From now on in stead of posting just the final transcription, I'm going to post all the different versions I go through before reaching the final. It would probably help some people since there's not many resources available for this process. The edits for each new version is in purple and I'll also list the major changes. Readability/format changes will not be documented.

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
Serpent Devouring the Horizon (WiP)

Progress #2 (Newest 8/5)
[PDF] [Midi]

-raised arpeggio(is that what they're called?) for measure 9 and 13
-beat fix for measure 13-16, that was a tricky one
-redid left hand melody and added right hand cords for measure 29-38
-alternate left hand variation for measure 52-53, because the previous one was too hard to play
-slowed down overall speed
-still need better ending

Progress #1
[PDF] [Midi]
Original:

Echovar

Chaos Rings II
Emotions
[PDF] [Midi]
Transcription:
Original:

I transcribed this song upon request while I prepare Bravely Default's Nemesis Baal theme for Halloween. And I'm putting that serpent song on hold xP