Pdf creation help

Started by Link, the Hero of Time, July 28, 2014, 03:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link, the Hero of Time

I had a couple songs I can arrange, but I'm not sure how to make the pdf files, and I have no idea how to make the mus file. Is there someone who can provide info about that or the software required? Thanks,
              -Link
But yes...You'll be fine.
I see you are young and have
tremendous courage.

I'm sure you'll find it right away.

Well then, I am counting on you...

Olimar12345

.mus files are the former default file type for Finale Music software products. You can download their free version (FinaleNotepad) here.

For making PDF's, CutePDF is, imo, the way to go. To creat a pdf, install CutePDF, then when printing a file select CutePDF as the printer.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

I'd also recomend Dopdf. It doesn't have a lot of features, but it does exactly what you need for this in a quick, easy to use manner.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 28, 2014, 04:06:17 PMFor making PDF's, CutePDF is, imo, the way to go. To creat a pdf, install CutePDF, then when printing a file select CutePDF as the printer.
I used to use CutePDF till I got a laptop and since have used PDFCreator. Between the two I'd recommend the latter just because there's far more you can do. Don't get me wrong; CutePDF definitely works and it works great, but if you haven't gotten one yet I'd just suggest PDFCreator right off the bat.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

MaestroUGC

I use PDF Creator as well and it's probably the best one I've used.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345

I tried PDFCreator, but it didn't work all that well for me (Though it was probably because I wasn't using it correctly). CutePDF is quick and simple for creating PDF's, and that was all I needed d:
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

I use PDF Creator but never tried CutePdf.

Link, the Hero of Time

Thanks everyone for your help! I can post my arrangements as soon as I can get them finished!

-Link
But yes...You'll be fine.
I see you are young and have
tremendous courage.

I'm sure you'll find it right away.

Well then, I am counting on you...

Sebastian

Awesome! Can't wait to see your arrangements  :)