The Kremling Kampaign: King K Rool for Super Smash Bros. DLC!

Started by DonValentino, July 07, 2014, 11:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

"By now, it has been said many times that the Kremling King is long overdue for a Smash appearance, and this belief certainly shows in the rosters posted in SSB4 threads across the Internet. In fact, not only is K. Rool among the first characters to pop up on most newcomer lists (if not the first), the makers of any roster without K. Rool are often ridiculed or dismissed entirely. According to those who have delved into foreign Smash forums, K. Rool's popularity continues on overseas in both Japan and Europe, a feat very few characters have accomplished thus far. For a character whose last appearance was in a mediocre baseball spinoff in 2008, the fact that he remains so beloved is almost shocking...that is, until everything he would bring to the table in Smash is considered." - BKupa666 @ Smashboards

Hi all. We King K Rool supporters at Smashboards have started a kampaign to promote the Kremling King to be a playable karakter in the next installment of the Super Smash Bros. series, for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U.

Famous videogame komposer Grant Kirkhope, the man behind the themes of Donkey Kong 64, has already re-tweeted this initiative to his great number of followers; and we've also let David Wise, komposer of the great Donkey Kong Country series soundtrack, know about it.

But we are aiming for more.

We need your help to gain momentum and sekure K Rool's rightful place in the Smash roster by re-tweeting and spreading the word here and there.

So please, if you have any interest in the karakter, want to know more about him, or directly want to support, please visit:

http://kremlingkampaign.wordpress.com/

Thanks for your support!

Waddle Bro

You don't seem to realize that all the characters were decided before they even started coding the game. That happened before X and Y were even released.

DonValentino

Actually, this is for K Rool DLC if he doesn't appear at first. Of course he can still pop up as a newcomer who's been planned since long ago.

That's why I wrote "secure his place", but yeah I should have clarified that. :P

DonValentino

SlowPokemon

I think what Dude means is that this is kind of...I don't want to say dumb, but that's the first word that came to my mind when I tried to describe this idea. It's completely pointless as I don't see DLC characters being a thing for Super Smash Bros., and development of these games are so far along that it's just not plausible. Nintendo is going to do whatever they see as the right decision and petitions for characters seem quite childish no matter how professional you try to make them, so I won't be signing this.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dude

no, it's not that, i just don't like these kind of topics.

Basically topics with an idea that won't be noticed or cared enough about.

damnit slow stop being not slow

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 07, 2014, 01:13:08 PMI think what Dude means is that this is kind of...I don't want to say dumb, but that's the first word that came to my mind when I tried to describe this idea. It's completely pointless as I don't see DLC characters being a thing for Super Smash Bros., and development of these games are so far along that it's just not plausible. Nintendo is going to do whatever they see as the right decision and petitions for characters seem quite childish no matter how professional you try to make them, so I won't be signing this.

Maybe, but why not giving it a try? We're the fanbase after all, and our opinions could also be heard, even if Nintendo doesn't end up doing anything. I don't see DLC characters either, in fact, I posted about that, but I mean, why not, even if it's just to rise a bit the character's popularity.

Truth is I'm pretty positive K Rool will be in the game, if not playable, at least as an AT, so I'm not worried. But hey, just giving a hand to the guys at Smashboards.

Yugi

Well Sakurai outright comfirmed that there won't be DLC for SMash Bros 4 so...

FierceDeity

He also hasn't really been relevant since DK 64 in 1999 (King of Swing and Barrel Blast weren't all that popular), and is neither a main character from a retro game, nor from the time period that most of these "retro" characters are being included from (1980s, mostly; it was the beginning of Nintendo's success in the industry, and a loooot more people are nostalgic for it). As for what he "has to offer", idk if smash really needs another slow, bulky villain character. Dedede's inclusion wasn't much of a success, so I would need to see some serious hypothetical moves/stats to be convinced that K. Rool's inclusion would go any differently. Sure, there are a lot of people who'd like to see him, but there is a significant amount of Nintendo's target audience that wasn't even born yet the last time he was particularly relevant, and of those who were, they've already been pandered to a significant amount.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him. He's the main villain from multiple of my all-time favorite games, after all. But you have to understand that Nintendo's trying to balance between pandering to older, long-time fans, and remaining relevant to the younger generation, without oversaturating the roster.

Maelstrom

mikey

unmotivated

DonValentino

Quote from: FierceDeity on July 07, 2014, 07:28:17 PMHe also hasn't really been relevant since DK 64 in 1999 (King of Swing and Barrel Blast weren't all that popular), and is neither a main character from a retro game, nor from the time period that most of these "retro" characters are being included from (1980s, mostly; it was the beginning of Nintendo's success in the industry, and a loooot more people are nostalgic for it). As for what he "has to offer", idk if smash really needs another slow, bulky villain character. Dedede's inclusion wasn't much of a success, so I would need to see some serious hypothetical moves/stats to be convinced that K. Rool's inclusion would go any differently. Sure, there are a lot of people who'd like to see him, but there is a significant amount of Nintendo's target audience that wasn't even born yet the last time he was particularly relevant, and of those who were, they've already been pandered to a significant amount.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him. He's the main villain from multiple of my all-time favorite games, after all. But you have to understand that Nintendo's trying to balance between pandering to older, long-time fans, and remaining relevant to the younger generation, without oversaturating the roster.

Adding K Rool would be balancing, why do you think it's oversaturating the roster? Some clones were oversaturating, but K Rool? He is a unique character with a unique personality and a unique moveset that no existing fighter has. If you have battled against him, you should know that he isn't slow and bulky at all, in fact he's surprisingly agile for his girth, what would differentiate him even more from the current heavyweights in Smash. He would be a relatively fast heavyweight with long-ranged attacks such as the crown or the blunderbuss, and the closest thing to that we have in a heavyweight is Dedede's minion throw. If you just see him in the three Country games you can get a convincing moveset easily.

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999