News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Mario Kart 8

Started by SlowPokemon, June 13, 2014, 08:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is your favorite DLC character in Mario Kart 8?

Tanooki Mario
Cat Peach
Link
Villager
Isabelle
Dry Bowser

mikey

I wouldn't
I mean I already spent 60 bucks on the game do they really want me to pay even more
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

That's how things work nowadays :|
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Sebastian

Quote from: K-NiGhT on March 06, 2015, 09:22:07 AMThat's how things work nowadays :|
True. But it's worth it :P
It originally starts with 30 characters and 32 Courses which is the same amount Mario Kart Wii has.
If you buy the DLC, you get 6 more characters and 16 more courses. Making it 36 characters and 48 courses which is worth about $75 bucks to me imo.(Lets's not forget the 8 colored Yoshis and Shy Guys).

Maelstrom

You already got the full game, NoS. Yes, dlc is wrong when devs only provide you with part of the game and expect you to pay for the rest of the on-disc dlc. But that is not the same as this. A dedicated team has been working on this only after the game was launched, and it's not like we got less than the normal amount of tracks anyway.

Sebastian

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 06, 2015, 09:46:31 AMYou already got the full game, NoS. Yes, dlc is wrong when devs only provide you with part of the game and expect you to pay for the rest of the on-disc dlc. But that is not the same as this. A dedicated team has been working on this only after the game was launched, and it's not like we got less than the normal amount of tracks anyway.
This exactly. I'd be pissed if the disc came out with say.....25 courses. And they make you pay for the other 7. But this DLC is all extra.

mikey

The thing is I didn't get the full game.  I couldn't join the NSM tournament because I don't have the DLC.  In otherwords, part of the game that I already purchased was inaccessible because I didn't have it.  In all honesty I didn't even pay 60 bucks for the game, I got a Wii U+MK8+Nintendo Land bundle for 180 bucks.  :P  Still, it's not worth paying 12 bucks for a few characters and maps that could have been in the game in the first place.  "Free" DLC like Mewtwo for smash, now that's good DLC.  Technically you still have to "pay" for it because of the redundancy of 2 systems, but you're not actually paying for the DLC itself.  Speaking of which, I can't wait for the Mewtwo code to come!
unmotivated

Sebastian

$12 bucks ???
Not that much :P

Maelstrom

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 06, 2015, 10:08:57 AMStill, it's not worth paying 12 bucks for a few characters and maps that could have been in the game in the first place.
No. It seriously took 6 months for them to complete the first pack. Yes, they could have been free. But paid dlc is not inherently evil.
Watch this:
Spoiler
[close]

mikey

unmotivated

Sebastian

ZeldaFan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 06, 2015, 08:59:44 AMI wouldn't
I mean I already spent 60 bucks on the game do they really want me to pay even more
Of course they do! It's all about money $$$

That's why you wait a while to get a new game :P I always do that. I think I bought Halo 4 - used - a year after it came out for $35
But that's just me. I don't get the hype around video games anymore (maybe because I don't have a lot of time for them now :-\) HOWEVER I will be buying the new Zelda the day it comes out, whether I have a Wii U or not lol

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

mikey

Quote from: ZeldaFan on March 06, 2015, 11:13:26 AMOf course they do! It's all about money $$$

That's why you wait a while to get a new game :P I always do that. I think I bought Halo 4 - used - a year after it came out for $35
But that's just me. I don't get the hype around video games anymore (maybe because I don't have a lot of time for them now :-\) HOWEVER I will be buying the new Zelda the day it comes out, whether I have a Wii U or not lol
Yeah!  Forget school, I've got a fantasy world to save!
unmotivated

Maelstrom

A general warning for used nintendo games: often, it is cheaper not to wait too long, especially if the game is on the rare side.
And most Nintendo games drop less in price. Skyward Sword is still $50.00. Ocarina of Time 3D s $60.00 on ebay and never went below $30.00 on amazon.

mikey

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 06, 2015, 11:54:30 AMA general warning for used nintendo games: often, it is cheaper not to wait too long, especially if the game is on the rare side.
And most Nintendo games drop less in price. Skyward Sword is still $50.00. Ocarina of Time 3D s $60.00 on ebay and never went below $30.00 on amazon.
1) what the crap why is skyward sword expensive
2) You can get OoT on the eShop for MSRP can't you?
unmotivated

Maelstrom

Fine, yes. You can get OoT for MSRP. However, I was using it as an example to prove a point about physical copies, so that is irrelevant. In fact, the existence of an alternative has probably kept the price from going up higher, but it has also stopped Nintendo from making more.