News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Mario Kart 8

Started by SlowPokemon, June 13, 2014, 08:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is your favorite DLC character in Mario Kart 8?

Tanooki Mario
Cat Peach
Link
Villager
Isabelle
Dry Bowser

Dude

Waddle Bro

Maelstrom

K-NiGhT

Hey awesome! I have Monday off work! Maestro how did u know u supreme genius of everything
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

fingerz

WELL, I FIGURED OUT WHY THE DRIFT WAS SO SHIT.

It turns out that characters DO matter in this game. Never before have I played a Mario Kart game that penalises you much for choosing a heavy character. And since when was DK a heavyweight?? He's never been that before! Now he can't turn corners for peanuts!! :(

So, I've decided to go for Toad. I was originally Toad back in MK64 and MKDS until I kept getting smashed off Rainbow Road in DS... You could do some ridiculous things to lightweights back in that game... XD

So yeah, I'm now Toad!! I can finally drift around corners again!! Not quite as good as MK7, but it'll do. Now I just need internet. ;)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

MaestroUGC

DK has always been a heavyweight since 64.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Maelstrom

Quote from: fingerz on June 20, 2014, 08:18:46 PMAnd since when was DK a heavyweight?? He's never been that before!
??? He's always been a heavyweight. Are you thinking of Diddy Kong?

SlowPokemon

Uh, you figured out nothing (or at least I still don't understand your issue). I find that the heavy characters are actually way better to use in Mario Kart 8, and usually I use lightweights in the other games.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

Yeah, I find that the heavies control much better in this game than they have in the past, of course this is mitigated by the whole customization thing. I generally go for a mostly balanced ride anyway, allows me to run through the courses however the situation demands and doesn't force me to rely on keeping my lines when sh*t is going down around me.

Flexibility is key in the game.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

K-NiGhT

Nah heavies are pretty much still OP if you don't suck at turning. Honestly this game should be called Rosalina Kart 8.

Dude

Well I suck no matter who I use so nyeh.

K-NiGhT

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Dude on June 20, 2014, 11:23:49 PMWell I suck no matter who I use so nyeh.
Confirmed lies

Dude

that was my first time using that combo so how was i to know!

Dude

going to destroy waddle in a room if anyone wants to join!