News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

TWG LXVIII: Split Personalities

Started by davy, June 11, 2014, 05:35:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fank009

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 13, 2014, 08:09:51 PM::)

Calling me "arrogant," but you're the one saying stuff like this?
Hello pot, im kettle
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

The_Subjective_Thought

I know at this point we're tempted to see this as a personality/power/genitalia measuring contest between BDS and fank with one of the two being lynch or whatever.

However there are a ton of other options open.

We can lynch alternative accounts that aren't saying much, the main player behind them is keeping them around just for their powers, this could encourage active use of alternative accounts, of which there actually isn't that much.

We can pick another player whom we view as a threat. Olimar has a reputation of sitting around until the appropriate time providing little for people to work with. Bird is good at this game. I'm sure someone else can give you reasons for lynching me. Maelstrom is a wildcard.

Whatever.

What I am trying to encourage here is thinking outside of the box. We can still go back to the competition between fank and BDS but I feel that would be counter productive.
POKE IT WITH A STICK.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 10, 2013, 07:30:11 PM
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!

TWG Waluigi

Quote from: The_Subjective_Thought on June 13, 2014, 08:56:22 PMWe can lynch alternative accounts that aren't saying much, the main player behind them is keeping them around just for their powers, this could encourage active use of alternative accounts, of which there actually isn't that much.

Speaking as an alternative account. I agree with this. People simply keeping alternative accounts around for powers only is a bit depreciating. We have feelings too.

I am voting for TWG Yoshi.

Olimar12345

Quote from: TWG Link on June 13, 2014, 04:01:01 PMNo. He posted two words in the thread so far, so I can't see how it would possibly be obvious what color he was.

Lol I was actually poking fun at how Fank said that earlier in the game, but it went so far over your heads that you missed it and tried to make sense out of it. OF COURSE I don't know why Yugi died! Luigi said it all-Yugi didn't say shet! Lol!

Quote from: fank009 on June 13, 2014, 04:07:25 PMIn short, If your NOT red, vote with me... red has too much power and orginaization for its own good

Like stated before, this is so stupid it's funny. OH NO! flip shit everyone, cus the red team is so powerful and terrifying! We won't miss you, Fank.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

fank009

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 13, 2014, 09:52:58 PMLike stated before, this is so stupid it's funny. OH NO! flip shit everyone, cus the red team is so powerful and terrifying! We won't miss you, Fank.
Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 11, 2014, 11:36:27 AMI'm part of the Red team.

Yep... I see whats happening
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

TWG Link

Let me make an analogy for all of you. Suppose you're playing Super Smash Bros. with 3 other players. Stock mode, since if this is to be comparable to TWG, people need to be able to die. Now, if one player has a clear lead over everyone else, what's the best strategy to win? The obvious answer is that everybody should go for the person in first place. If you want second place, beating up people in last is fine, but you'll never win that way. If you want to win, you and the other players need to target the person in first place.

The same is true in this game. Yugi was blue, meaning the blue team is down a player, verm was green meaning the green team was down a player, and I've received a single claim, meaning my team can't do shit right now anyway. Meanwhile, the entire red team is already organized, and are orchestrating lynches. The lynch this phase needs to be red. It's a no-brainer for any green/orange/blue players.

Olimar12345 for now, although I'm pretty sure I'm close to finding the red reviver anyway.

TWG Mario

Whoa whoa whoa.  The orange alliance leader knows that a dead player is in a faction other than his own?

Sounds to me like TWG Link needs to go today.

TWG Link

Lemme sweeten the deal:

24 hours from now, I will reveal the alt account of anybody whose vote isn't on a red player. I'm not bluffing, and will back up these claims. Additionally, any further votes on fank and I will immediately reveal your alternate account.

TWG Link

Uh, yeah? The one claim I got was the seer, and he seered Yugi blue. I don't know why that's lynch-worthy.

You know better than anyone else that I know exactly who you are, so if I were you, I'd tread lightly.

TWG Mario

It seems strange that you'd want to reveal which alternate accounts are sided with you.  I doubt you'll back up that threat.

TWG Link

The players sided with me will be smart enough to join a red lynch.

TWG Pikachu

From the way I'm seeing it, Red is far too powerful, and unless your red, you should vote for someone who's red.

I'm voting Olimar12345 today, as he's red and has a vote on him.

TWG Waluigi

You know who threats work against?

Me!

Olimar

Olimar12345

Lol I guess if killing off one of us is red folk will make you happy so be it. Orange still has four people and no one is giving two shits about that fact.

And Link, get this: I LIED to you when you tried to claim red guardian to me via pm, because it was so obvious that you were full of shit. (I also wanted to see how you'd react).  Our team isn't even fully assembled yet, but you sure as hell started to freak out when I told you we were. Then I seered you ORANGE and thus confirmed your shenanigans.

So, by lynching me, you're putting the orange team (Links team) on top.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

davy

As I seem to get theese questions multiple times I decided to address them in the topic:

While accounts cannot target their own account, they can target their alternate account.

You can claim whatever you want. Your role, your other acount's role, your other account, etc.

Order of power activation: Reviving>Guarding>Vigi'ing>Seering
The revived player cannot be vigi'd in the same phase.

Also, somebody told me that if you enter the IRC as your alternate account players can figure out your hostmark information, which in turn can reveal from where you're posting from. So I recommend you to approach the chat with caution.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game