News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Started by Waddle Bro, May 07, 2014, 07:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

Being satisfied with what we are seeing as a lesser amount or lower quality of content, yes that is an accurate case of 'lower expectations'.

I'm just not seeing this whole view of the game being this great gift we have to be thankful for and never criticize as valid, which is clearly contrary to you two.  It is a product that I am critically evaluating.  I'm sorry, but that is how it is and you'll have to deal with it because just ranting about how much we don't appreciate it therefore are complaining is irrelevant to the mindset that generates the complaints in the first place.

me irl
[close]

fingerz

@Jon: Hahaha! I agree! A lot of games I play now don't match the difficulty level they used to be, but I reckon my age has something to do with it as well. Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D proves the exact opposite, though... Jesus, Mirror Mode is bloody hard... XD

It's funny 'cause I've never played Ruby/Saphire before, just Emerald. I must say, the lack of both teams in the originals does bother me because I enjoyed taking them both down so much! Then again, they can't just make a single remake of Emerald. They've got the Delta Episode to cover that...

I did like the fact that HG/SS incorporated Crystal elements into its storyline too. That made me very happy. ^^
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Nebbles

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on December 09, 2014, 05:47:43 PMBeing satisfied with what we are seeing as a lesser amount or lower quality of content, yes that is an accurate case of 'lower expectations'.

I'm just not seeing this whole view of the game being this great gift we have to be thankful for and never criticize as valid, which is clearly contrary to you two.  It is a product that I am critically evaluating.  I'm sorry, but that is how it is and you'll have to deal with it because just ranting about how much we don't appreciate it therefore are complaining is irrelevant to the mindset that generates the complaints in the first place.

Pretty much this. I still enjoyed ORAS, but there is room more improvement, and I'm leaving it as that.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

I mean sheesh guys it's a fine remake and all, sure, they took out some content that was admittedly very disappointing, and sure, it's easier.  Sure, it's got a few things wrong with it, we all know that.  Let's just sit back and enjoy the amazing 3D, and being able to trade/battle instantly almost anywhere you go!

Oh yeah and Jon, age's got nothing to do with it.  I play Emerald nonstop and it's way slightly harder than these ones
unmotivated

KefkaticFanatic

I do have to say that the losing animation of Maxie is the best thing ever and I love how they  ever so slightly gave some more depth to characters with the battle animations.

like how Wally is even more of a huge loser now

also i had to make a gif so here it is

me irl
[close]

K-NiGhT

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 09, 2014, 05:44:24 PMAlso I'm on the Delta Episode and this girl is such a cutie
ZINNIA IS WAIFU 4 LAIFU
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

mikey

unmotivated

Nebbles

wally is precious and must be protected
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Ruto

I decided to see if my unevolved Pokemon (Treecko, Kirlia, Vulpix) around level 60 could do anything against the Elite Four, with only 2 that were EV trained. Yahhhh it wasn't so bad. I forgot to stock up on sodas, but still! It's definitely easier. I didn't go to Pacifidlog yet or visited any islands to leave stuff for post game.

I liked the little dialogue though. The "fire the laser" one in Team Aqua's base was pretty hilarious.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

K-NiGhT

hey guys

do you want a youtube playlist of the entire ORAS OST?

no? well SCREW YOU I'M LINKING IT ANYWAY

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcEun0ol29M36hxHQ1Rd8LoLGhaOdPUnX

mikey

I have a swampertite and pigeotite, does anyone wants before I tosses
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

WHYYYYYY ARE YOU TOSSING YOUR STARTER'S MEGA STONE

blueflower999

I'll take both of them if it means you won't toss them
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Dude

I honestly can't tell if he's being serious or trolling.

I sincerely hope for the latter.

mikey

Quote from: K-NiGhT on December 10, 2014, 04:41:12 PMWHYYYYYY ARE YOU TOSSING YOUR STARTER'S MEGA STONE
*cough* still won't use it *cough*
Quote from: blueflower999 on December 10, 2014, 05:23:44 PMI'll take both of them if it means you won't toss them
Don't you already have them?
Quote from: Dude on December 10, 2014, 06:33:46 PMI honestly can't tell if he's being serious or trolling.

I sincerely hope for the latter.
Dead serious.  After playing the demo I decided I didn't wanna use em
unmotivated