News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Started by Waddle Bro, May 07, 2014, 07:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

This yearly release stuff is a bad idea imo, I can wait every 2-3 years for a Pokemon game if it means them being quality. Quality over quantity, seriously. I'd rather have a few releases over a decade than a decade of mediocre games.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

fingerz

Yeah, same here. They're pumping 'em out rather fast at the moment, which is a little over-the-top for GameFreak.

Y'know, I didn't like the storyline for BW2 that much (way too stereotypical for me), but the amount of features that game has was AMAZING!! If they brought back or implemented half the things they had in those games in the newer versions, they'd have people playing these games for AGES! :D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

KefkaticFanatic

Pokemon franchise has always been a money-making behemoth for Nintendo.  Between the merch, tons of spinoffs, tv/movies, it's not surprising to see them try to crank up the game releases to bring in even more.  They're just going through similar things as many other developers that realize they *can* release every year and make very large and tasty sums, but perhaps compromising some quality ._.

me irl
[close]

Nebbles

They're going to find out eventually this idea is bad. I hope. ORAS isn't bad, of course, but it could stand to be better.

Just, dammit, gen 5 was so good and gen 6 has been... okay.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on December 09, 2014, 02:29:55 PMI believe they didnt start changing levels until FR/LG and they never bothered to implement that change in Emerald either.  Of course later games would have that feature, but there's a lot of new features added in other gens that they decided not to implement in this remake for whatever reason.  That whole pokemon world tournament thing from BW I see on the wiki sounds really neat and I wish they would have at least put something like that in the game ._.  I would have been happy with *any* sort of large postgame battling feature that wasn't just copypaste maison really..

atm I am just taking the game slow being right before victory road (and having exams this week).  Given that you can't even rematch gym leaders I don't want to burn through the rest of it so quickly lol

also cmaan jompa, I don't have the time to get all those fancy training items and run around to various horde battles, but just doing some easy spam minigames to EV train real fast is something I can get done quick

They did implement it in Emerald actually, though just with the Gym Leaders unless I'm mistaken. They all get new teams that are high levels and you can face them in double battles.

Quote from: Nebbles on December 09, 2014, 02:43:32 PMThis yearly release stuff is a bad idea imo, I can wait every 2-3 years for a Pokemon game if it means them being quality. Quality over quantity, seriously. I'd rather have a few releases over a decade than a decade of mediocre games.

If u seriously think XY/ORAS were "mediocre" by any stretch there's nothing I can do for u tbh
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

I liked ORAS. XY was very meh in my opinion, sorry.

KefkaticFanatic

Yea I was referring to E4 only.  The games were not bad at all in their initial playthrough, but compared to many previous generations I also found the postgame to be quite mediocre.  Yea I haven't reached the postgame in ORAS but I do know the extent of it compared to some other titles .-.

But yes, oh well.  You have lower expectations than us and that is fine.  Perhaps they will satisfy everyone in another release someday :D

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Ah yes lower expectations. It's not like I actually thought the games were well-put together. I took 50+ hours just to get through the credits of Omega Ruby and I've enjoyed every minute of it so far, so I don't see the point in whining about what we don't have. Especially when these remakes give us much more content than the original games.

Even X and Y, which were my least favorite entries in a while, were amazing, incredible games. The setting, collection aspects, character designs, and ESPECIALLY the look and layout of the Kalos region was absolutely incredible, not to mention how amazing online Pokemon has become. So nah I think the games are awesome and I don't feel any desire to whine about really any of the game's features. The only reason you guys are so butthurt about the game is because you're looking at what you don't have rather than what you do, and you act like what you don't have is something that Game Freak is obligated to give us??? But whatever I'm done arguing, it's pretty clear some people just enjoy being negative about great games l o l

Nebbles

oh no, we have different opinions than yours! how terrible!

Jon

Maybe the games are easier now cuz you're not 10 anymore.

I know the first time I played RSE I didnt have a clue about natures etc. I didnt even know there was a difference between physical and special attacks!

blueflower999

I didn't know what the difference was between physical and special attacks until I started playing competitively about two years ago.  ::)
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Nebbles on December 09, 2014, 05:27:16 PMoh no, we have different opinions than yours! how terrible!

did u even read what i said it has nothing to do with opinions

This is what I'm really trying to say:

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 09, 2014, 05:25:13 PMyou act like what you don't have is something that Game Freak is obligated to give us???

The "lack of post game in XY" as if XY weren't the longest, biggest Pokemon games that Game Freak has ever given us. Like sure they could have blocked off half the region for the end of the game to give the illusion of extra post game content but instead they made it a longer journey and made you feel accomplished by the end.

And the "lack of battle frontier" as if it was A) an easy thing to do, B) in Ruby and Sapphire, C) more than the battle tower and six rehashes of the battle tower

What on earth is different between the battle tower and the battle maison because I cannot notice any differences. Considering the original Ruby and Sapphire just gave us the Battle Tower and ORAS gives us the Maison, extra areas, and the Delta Episode, I don't understand what's to complain about, seriously.

Quote from: Jon on December 09, 2014, 05:36:11 PMMaybe the games are easier now cuz you're not 10 anymore.

I know the first time I played RSE I didnt have a clue about natures etc. I didnt even know there was a difference between physical and special attacks!

Looool in RSE that was back when physical/special was determined by type oh my gosh

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Nebbles on December 09, 2014, 05:27:16 PMoh no, we have different opinions than yours! how terrible!
^

Seriously slow, learn to accept that people won't love everything you love.  If you don't understand why people in the world are critical of things that's fine, but there's no reason for you get mad at everyone for that ::)

@Jon this is probably true, but I'm more annoyed that they took out the more difficult content that comes later than that the game is easy :P

me irl
[close]

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Just forget it blue looool at least we're capable of enjoying the game

I'm done arguing here for real

Also I'm on the Delta Episode and this girl is such a cutie