News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Started by Waddle Bro, May 07, 2014, 07:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 08, 2014, 07:43:01 AM@Jompa I don't know how far you are but the end game parts are definitely much more difficult than the originals.

Also it's fine to voice your frustrations about the game but respect that everyone likes to play it differently.
well i played through alpha sapphire twice and am going through omega ruby right now and I can honestly say that it's not any more difficult than the originals. this fact is made even more apparent by the fact that i was able to get 4 mega evolutions on my team before the elite four without any trouble whatsoever. i at least used to have a little challenge with the originals, but i went through two whole playthroughs without ever wiping out. i will agree that there are some parts that are "somewhat challenging" but compared to the rest of the game that isn't saying a whole lot.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Jompa

Even without exp-all I haven't had the need to do even the slightest bit of level grinding, which was pretty necessary sometimes back in the first three generations. Mega-stones practically grow on trees, encountering good pokemon is super-easy, the trainers use even more no-effect moves than they did in RSE (which already was pretty insane)... such an easy game - you can barely feel like you've accomplished something anymore. That's ofc just my opinion.
Birdo for Smash

mikey

idk I feel like the battle AI is smarter than it used to be
shedinja is practically useless lol
unmotivated

KefkaticFanatic

the majority of the 'difficulty' I've seen is really just some strokes of really bad luck (happening to be paralyzed first turn and then cant move due to paralysis and then critical hit next turn gg me)

But obviously it's improbable and as stated entirely due to luck in those situations.  The game is certainly easier than the originals given that they've added so many more methods to get nicer stats or train faster, yet the difficulty never seems to scale to those changes.  As in XY I can steamroll every gym without ever healing my party and usually just using one or two pokemon, keeping exp share off ~.~

What I really don't understand is why they would make it so much easier to deal with breeding and ev training and even finding high IV pokemon yet remove the majority of the content where you would really utilize that advantage.

me irl
[close]

blueflower999

I would point out that we should talk about more positive things, like how gorgeous the region looks, how great the dialogue is, how the online features still work great, how well-written the dialogue is, or how marvelous the character designs are.

But then Kefka or someone else would find something to complain about in those things, so just go back to being negative I guess.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Nebbles

I agree all that is good, but I have every right to be angry at the lack of a Battle Frontier. What the fuck am I supposed to do with all these Pokemon I bothered to IV breed and EV train? Hmmm?
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Jon

Quote from: Nebbles on December 08, 2014, 12:56:45 PMI agree all that is good, but I have every right to be angry at the lack of a Battle Frontier. What the fuck am I supposed to do with all these Pokemon I bothered to IV breed and EV train? Hmmm?

Battle people online? That's the best part about it!

Nebbles

But that's my only option other than the very okay Battle Maison. Just because "oh some people find it hard" isn't an excuse to cut out a really fun post game thing to do.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: blueflower999 on December 08, 2014, 12:42:15 PMI would point out that we should talk about more positive things, like how gorgeous the region looks, how great the dialogue is, how the online features still work great, how well-written the dialogue is, or how marvelous the character designs are.

But then Kefka or someone else would find something to complain about in those things, so just go back to being negative I guess.

There's a difference between complacency and simple positivity.  Of course there are nice things about the game, but there are many things wrong with it.  The mindset of 'glorious masuda would never do anything wrong' only works against the progression of the genre.  If you bothered to think about previous posts in the thread you would see plenty of positivity by many people.

Also I dunno about this whole 'well-written dialogue' thing.  It reeks of the same godawful corny and naive optimism that XY also shoved down your throat.  The background lore to Sea Mauville was the most interesting and 'real' story in the game.

me irl
[close]

mikey

flannery was a huge joke in the BEST possible way though
unmotivated

Nebbles

It just baffles me they want their games to be so easy. Christ, Pokemon is fun and all, but I want my goddamn challenging aspect back.

mikey

unmotivated

Nebbles

...uh, I DO play Zelda games.

I'm just speaking in terms of Pokemon games. These are not meant to be ridiculously easy games. They're supposed to offer at least some sense of challenge.

fingerz

Agreed. I used to shudder every time I knew my rival was coming up or a Gym Leader who was super effective on my main Pokemon... Now I can destroy them without even blinking an eye, even though I'm not level grinding.

I blame Super Training for this too. Without that, it'd make the game a whole lot harder. I suppose not doing any of that until after the main story would make things a little more interesting. Still, if you want a challenge, add your own rules. Be creative. :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Kman96

I think the whole thing is relative.

Heck, judging by the reactions given just on this site, it hasn't been the same feeling for everyone.
Party Hard!
[close]