News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Started by Waddle Bro, May 07, 2014, 07:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Nebbles on November 23, 2014, 01:46:34 PMThey did a lovely job with Meteor Falls. It looks gorgeous and the remaster is SO nice.
^ there are a lot of other places that look just as fantastic

DELTA EPISODE ONLY
So, I finished the Delta Episode today. It was really short, and it was a lot of just running around from place to place and battling Team Aqua, but all in all I feel like it was pretty well put together.

Also, this is something that has bothered me since X and Y, but why don't they make those little animations for Mega Evolution trainers like they do for your character? Most of the trainers with Key Stones have full 3D models (the only one that I remember not having one was Diantha), so it should be possible. I think it would be a neat touch to the game, and it's a little disappointing that they couldn't add that little extra detail :(
[close]
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Kman96

Party Hard!
[close]

mikey

Quote from: FierceDeity on November 23, 2014, 01:04:16 PMYeah I'm really confused as to why you started out with that nocturne, everything else you said kind of goes against the "bad remake" and "ruining a perfect game" ideas haha
I was pretty sure 90% of people were certain I'd hate the game so I said that because I was 90% sure that those 90% wouldn't even read what I said.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on November 23, 2014, 12:43:38 PM>implies that game is shit
>seriously nitpicky and minimal cons

do u work for ign #TooMuchWater
Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 23, 2014, 01:47:28 PM@Nocturne I have no idea how "Mudkip had Water Gun" is a con and all of your comments seem to use that wonderful logic "it's different so it's bad"
You see?  Y they so prejudiced?
Also slow mudkip having water gun probably means that treecko has absorb, which wouldn't be fun if you just rushed to your rival battle.

And jeez how are you guys already done with the game I've only had time to play for like an hour

EDIT: Slow and Knight maybe you should just actually read what I said lol
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

I did read what you said but my mind blocked it out as a defense mechanism due to the absence of any form of stream-of-consciousness logic. You sit there and say it's bad, then you say it has good things, then you still say it's bad.

Also, the rival doesn't even use the type trumping move in your first rival battle >.< i've done that battle twice already so i know. And anyway, you get that Poochyena with the fang move and it won't matter for a while anyway.

SlowPokemon

I read your entire post Nocturne but none of it made sense to me. ;o
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 23, 2014, 09:08:02 PMI read your entire post Nocturne but none of it made sense to me. ;o
Well basically what happened was you said I said it's different so it's bad, when actually the game was kept almost entirely the same  ::)
Also K-night accused me of being nitpicky when all he did was nitpick my post.
Just look at it like this:
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 23, 2014, 07:57:52 AMShort story: went to work, after work looked for pokemanz and only saw ruby, so I asked a buddy of mine if we had any in the back and it turned out there was one sapphire left, lying there on the floor.  So I just walked into the store and bought it, no need to wait around for Amazon or anything :D

I really enjoy what they've done to it.  The opening with you playing Pokemon in the moving truck almost broke my heart.  The redone music is fantastic and I can't get enough of it.
Pros: 3d is great
Script is almost exactly the same with a few modernizations
Sound effects such as pressing a are the same, helps keep originality
The music guyzz
Cons:
Wild Pokemon seem weaker
Mudkip had water gun
Doesn't appear to be a way to swap moves around during battle

Overall the cons are pretty minimal and I'm enjoying playing my favorite childhood game in 3d.  Of course this may change after I've gotten further, I'm still training navi(mudkip) before battling my rival.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on November 23, 2014, 12:43:38 PM>seriously nitpicky and minimal cons
;D

Quote from: K-NiGhT on November 23, 2014, 12:43:38 PMdo u work for ign #TooMuchWater
>purposely gets sapphire
>starts mudkip
>is accused of hating his favorite type
Sir you have wounded me!
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

Forget it. Neither of us can apparently get you to understand how you don't have any flow of logic, so let's just drop it.

ANYWAY, I've had a lot of fun with the game so far. I seriously love the flying mechanic, and the fact that you can just land pretty much anywhere even with regular Fly is fantastic if you're trying to do something quickly in a faraway route.

Also, the Berry Master's garden is ridiculously improved from the originals. I seriously reccomend using that frequently.

Nebbles

Really? Sweet! I can use those to make amazing berries for contests now.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

So how does one do all this online kaboom jazz with all yall
unmotivated

Roz~

I still don't like gen 3.
At least the graphics are nice. And the remixes are alright.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

I'm still meh on this. Somehow it just feels different from the originals. I definitely recall the originals being harder.

I really hope they bring back the battle frontier from Emerald... it was so much better!

The music is kinda meh too.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 24, 2014, 10:43:28 PMNo.
I have to agree. There are so many fantastic tracks on this OST that it's impossible for me to pick a favorite.

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel