News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Started by Waddle Bro, May 07, 2014, 07:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

Order still not here.

Called Amazon. Cancelled OR so I can get it on the eShop. I'll wait for AS since I got 25% off. I did get a free month of Prime though

SlowPokemon

Quote from: K-NiGhT on November 22, 2014, 02:46:17 PMomg i actually never thought of that but it's so freakin perfect

Ikr

I mean it's also impossible because Phoenix is older than Swellow by a few years but yeah
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

wait really

when was phoenix wright released
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

K-NiGhT

double post because

Only open if you don't care or you're past Victory Road
OMG WALLY GETS HIS OWN RIVAL BATTLE MUSIC AND IT IS LITERALLY THE COOLEST THING I'VE HEARD YET

edit: AND THE BATTLE SCENE IS COMPLETELY NEW AS WELL OMFG I CAN'T EVEN
[close]

Kman96

Quote from: K-NiGhT on November 22, 2014, 04:35:49 PM
Only open if you don't care or you're past Victory Road
OMG WALLY GETS HIS OWN RIVAL BATTLE MUSIC AND IT IS LITERALLY THE COOLEST THING I'VE HEARD YET

edit: AND THE BATTLE SCENE IS COMPLETELY NEW AS WELL OMFG I CAN'T EVEN
[close]
idgaf about Pokéspoilers
I did notice that he had his own introductory themes hen I met him in Petalburg City. I suppose it only makes sense.
[close]
Party Hard!
[close]

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Kman96 on November 22, 2014, 05:33:59 PM
idgaf about Pokéspoilers
I did notice that he had his own introductory themes hen I met him in Petalburg City. I suppose it only makes sense.
[close]
Well, here ya go then!
[close]

Also, for anyone who wants to listen to the whole soundtrack, here's a playlist of the whole thing.

EDIT: turns out that's actually stuff from the demo. He has everything separated out into playlists. here's the list of lists

SlowPokemon

Quote from: K-NiGhT on November 22, 2014, 04:30:23 PMwait really

when was phoenix wright released

Ace Attorney for GBA first released in 2001 in Japan, but didn't make it to the U.S. until the Nintendo DS remake of 2005. /probably irrelevant now but interesting

K-NiGhT

oh. i actually didn't know that. neat!

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Kman96 on November 22, 2014, 02:41:15 PMBeldum, you little shit, you're only level 11. Listen to me, please.
ikr, I was busy overlevelling my team while screwing off with DexNav before even fighting first gym leader and then it's just loafing left and right

Speaking of Wally, I guess I never realized how amusing his situation was before.  You show up and his parents are all 'yea that little shit has been a problem forever, but we're just gonna get rid of him by sending him to some relatives now', then making the side comment of 'i dont even know where he is now' after sending the kid running off alone

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

^ah that's actually exactly the same deal as the original hahaha

mikey

Short story: went to work, after work looked for pokemanz and only saw ruby, so I asked a buddy of mine if we had any in the back and it turned out there was one sapphire left, lying there on the floor.  So I just walked into the store and bought it, no need to wait around for Amazon or anything :D

Before I get into the nitty gritty of how bad this remake is and asking nintendo what they were thinking ruining a perfect game like that I'd just like to say I really enjoy what they've done to it.  The opening with you playing Pokemon in the moving truck almost broke my heart.  The redone music is fantastic and I can't get enough of it.
Pros: 3d is great
Script is almost exactly the same with a few modernizations
Sound effects such as pressing a are the same, helps keep originality
The music guyzz
Cons:
Wild Pokemon seem weaker
Mudkip had water gun
Doesn't appear to be a way to swap moves around during battle

Overall the cons are pretty minimal and I'm enjoying playing my favorite childhood game in 3d.  Of course this may change after I've gotten further, I'm still training navi(mudkip) before battling my rival.
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 23, 2014, 07:57:52 AMBefore I get into the nitty gritty of how bad this remake is and asking nintendo what they were thinking ruining a perfect game like that
>implies that game is shit
>seriously nitpicky and minimal cons

do u work for ign #TooMuchWater

FierceDeity

Yeah I'm really confused as to why you started out with that nocturne, everything else you said kind of goes against the "bad remake" and "ruining a perfect game" ideas haha

Nebbles

They did a lovely job with Meteor Falls. It looks gorgeous and the remaster is SO nice.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

@Nocturne I have no idea how "Mudkip had Water Gun" is a con and all of your comments seem to use that wonderful logic "it's different so it's bad"