News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Started by Waddle Bro, May 07, 2014, 07:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Quote from: FierceDeity on November 21, 2014, 05:12:11 PMJesus, competitive battling is almost as contentious a topic on this site as requests by theblackgiantdoghead
Only for certain people. COUGH
unmotivated

Waddle Bro

I used to react more peacefully but I can't stand people being shit at something and are so close-minded that they stick in their opinion that 90% of the competitive playerbase would call shit, such as this
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 21, 2014, 01:26:47 PMOnly if you're going sweeper ludicolo.  Staller is much stronger imo
because there is no reason whatsoever to even think that.

If you go back the Pokemon topics, you end up running into a lot of nasty arguments that are just like this one.

BlackDragonSlayer

The idea of Rain Dish Ludicolo seems a lot less practical without perma-weather.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

Even with perma weather, dry skin parasect does it a lot better.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

SlowPokemon

Take your shitty competitive talk to the proper thread this is for discussing the games.

Which I still don't have because family obligations are dumb
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Kman96

ORASSMASHGET

Thanks to Max from GameStop for being a badass motherfucker and getting my preorder transferred from Alaska, AND tax exemption. Aw yeah.
Party Hard!
[close]

FireArrow

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 21, 2014, 07:16:36 PMTake your shitty competitive talk to the proper thread this is for discussing the games.

Excuse you, but shitty competitive talk is always relevant.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

unmotivated

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 21, 2014, 07:16:36 PMTake your shitty competitive talk to the proper thread this is for discussing the games.

Unfortunately, competitive talk about Pokemon belongs in topics about Pokemon :>

If you are still upset, o boy do I have the thread 4 u

In other news I was making the futile effort of restarting my game for a decent stat starter until I finally remember that probability was heavily against me T.T

So far it's neat but I sort of wish they kept a more similar bottom screen interface to the one from XY, or at least just added that on to the existing one.  Unless I have yet to unlock the "get identical interface to XY" part yet.

EDIT: It seems like that is the case, though it would have been nice to have it all right away cause I need to get my wonder trade fix, yo.

LATER EDIT: I am loving how they put all the berry and trainer info in the pokedex; it works fantastically as an all-in-one.  DexNav is pretty neat, though it seems like it's probably only really useful if you want some fun distractions while you play through the story..?  I just wish they didn't make transitioning to the XY screens feel like such a kluge.  I'm glad they're all there but.. I feel like they could have done something better than having a tab that just opens the old 3-screen layout which you have to quit out of to see the other two main features :x

me irl
[close]

Waddle Bro

Bubbles

My game came this morning!!

And thanks to the blocked words for pokemon nicknames, I just learned that I wasn't up to date on my racial slurs when I tried to name my Zigzagoon "coon". Thanks! On one hand I'm kinda mad, but that would've been pretty funny if I actually accidentally named it that

Kman96

Quote from: Bubbles on November 22, 2014, 08:56:17 AMAnd thanks to the blocked words for pokemon nicknames, I just learned that I wasn't up to date on my racial slurs when I tried to name my Zigzagoon "coon". Thanks! On one hand I'm kinda mad, but that would've been pretty funny if I actually accidentally named it that
Hah! they have blocked certain nicknames?!? That's funny. I'm pretty sure I named AT LEAST one of my zigzagoons that in the past.

Btw, just caught a Ralts 5 seconds ago! Love it!

EDIT: For some strange reason, I had the notion to name it Morticia, after the Addams family. OOH, A SURSKIT!
Party Hard!
[close]

Jompa

Some of those words are really weird, like "JESUSSUCKS", "God is a dog/beast/pig" for the italians, "hairy foregner", "dog killer", "let me do you" and "blind person" for the japanese, and not as weird but still; anything that even remotely suggests references to nazism for the germans.
Apparently this was especially strict for trading, and non-nicknamed CoFAGriguses and NosepASSes couldn't be traded for some period of time.
A couple of the norwegian words that are banned are "trekukk" and "trøkuk", neither of which are actually even real words that have EVER been used by anyone EVER. Seriously.
I love how stuff like "FCUK" and "F!CK" are banned too :P
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Got the game between work shifts, played an hour, it's fantastic, can't wait to come home later and play more ;D
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

So what's everyone's team looking like? Mine is:

K-NiGhT's Ridiculously Unbalanced Team
Finn (Swampert): Level 47 (Mega)
Ace (Swellow): Level 46
Tenohira (Hariyama): Level 42
Voltaire (Manectric): Level 40 (Mega)
Ronar (Lairon): Level 38 (Soon-to-be Mega)
Grimm (Dusclops): Level 42
[close]
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*