News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Started by Waddle Bro, May 07, 2014, 07:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

I thought Olimar was here to help, but all he did was ignore the problem.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on October 22, 2014, 08:40:38 PMHere we go again. Do you two always have to do this? Shit guys, knock it off with the drama. And Slow, your post to NoS could have been taken the wrong way, even if you didn't mean for it to be. Just take it easy.

Glalie is freaking awesome, don't diss it.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

JDMEK5

Quote from: FireArrow on October 22, 2014, 10:29:26 PMI thought Olimar was here to help, but all he did was ignore the problem.
I think he did fine considering the situation.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Clanker37

Quote from: JDMEK5 on October 23, 2014, 05:44:20 AMI think he did fine considering the situation.
^I agree. Besides its seemed to have worked.

Anyway, I'm ecstatic for Mega Glalie. Finally I might be able to use it!

FireArrow

Quote from: JDMEK5 on October 23, 2014, 05:44:20 AMI think he did fine considering the situation.

You didn't get the joke... probably my fault though.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Olimar12345

Quote from: FireArrow on October 22, 2014, 10:29:26 PMGlalie is freaking awesome, don't diss it.

Ack! I've been found out! My love for Froslass shall remain true!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

It's okay FA I thought your joke was funny

As long as you were implying that Mega Glalie is the real problem as he doesn't even mention it :D
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

Mega glalie would be awesome if regular glalie didn't have such garbage stats to begin with. refrigerate is a neat ability, tho.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Waddle Bro

MeGlalie is actually okay but I'd run Mamoswine over it any day

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Waddle Bro on October 23, 2014, 10:45:54 AMMeGlalie is actually okay but I'd run Mamoswine over it any day
yeah, pure ice-types are just...not good? mamoswine is pretty much the premier ice-type if memory serves.

Waddle Bro

Ice is a great offensive type, but I'd take Ice/Ground over just Ice every time.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Waddle Bro on October 23, 2014, 12:14:40 PMIce is a great offensive type, but I'd take Ice/Ground over just Ice every time.
rt

Roz~

Quote from: K-NiGhT on October 17, 2014, 12:15:36 PMthat's the thing though, they allow pretty much every pokemon in VGC. and they all must work, since a pachirisu won world's this year. i guess i just don't get how usage gets lost in translation between vgc and smogon, even if it's between singles and doubles.

Somehow I missed the entire discussion about this. But to reply to your comment, yes, most Pokemon are allowed in VGC. The format changes each year; for example, ubers like Mewtwo/Palkia/Dialga/etc were allowed in 2010, whereas this year it was Kalos dex only. They try to keep the meta fresh by changing it every year, although sometimes the meta ends up being somewhat boring (like this year, where everyone and their moms were running Kang). Also usually event 'mons are not allowed mostly because not everyone gets access to them, so they try to make it fair for everyone by banning them.

Also your statement is wrong. Not all 'mons are useable in VGC. There are 2 reasons Sejun won with Pachirisu:
1. He is a Pokemon god (I legit saw him training with 6 3DS in Washington before Worlds Finals)
2. It worked in his team. I could make a team and slap Pachirisu in there for the heck of it, and my team would probably suck if Pachirisu has no role in the team or no synergy with the team. Also it had a niche move: Follow Me. Redirection is very strong in VGC, and Sejun used it to his advantage.

Also most Pokemon aren't banned because 2v2 gives so much more freedom on what you can do to shut down a threat. There's a Kang on the field? My defensive Rotom can burn it. I can switch my Mawile/Mence/Gyara out for intimidate. I can set up Trick Room, ensuring that Ì outspeed the Kang. I can set up Tailwind. I can use priority. I can double target. I can predict which 'mon Kang is going to target, protect, and hit him with my other 'mon. So yeah unless you let your counter/check get smashed, you can definitely deal with pretty much everything.

Tbh VGC is definitely more complex than OU or any other 1v1 tier imho. The fact that 'mons from "lower tiers" are viable is really cool too.

Quote from: Waddle Bro on October 17, 2014, 03:48:25 AM@Roz
http://pastebin.com/vJX9K9ni

Holy crap Spade gets points for using Phoenix Wright's music in his vids <3
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

So getting Pokémon Art Academy from the Nintendo eShop netted me an extra download code for the demo of Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. If anyone here wants it, shoot me a PM. First come, first serve.

Update: the code has been taken.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bubbles

Does the demo have any other benefits besides letting me play the game early? Because I have the code but I haven't actually used it yet because I just don't have the time (and surprisingly the motivation). If theres a special item or Pokemon though I'll make time

K-NiGhT

Apparently it's the only way you can get Mega Glalie