News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Started by Waddle Bro, May 07, 2014, 07:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waddle Bro

Quote from: K-NiGhT on October 17, 2014, 12:15:36 PMthat's the thing though, they allow pretty much every pokemon in VGC. and they all must work, since a pachirisu won world's this year. i guess i just don't get how usage gets lost in translation between vgc and smogon, even if it's between singles and doubles.
Actually a lot of Pokemon and moves are banned from VGC because they are Pokebank-exclusive :p
And Sejun's team had 5/6 that are classified as Smogon's OU, so it doesn't make his team an example of how you can throw in a lot of underrated shit in your team and expect to do well. Didn't see many Carbinks or Barbaracles in VGC, or did you?
I've ran for example a Gastrodon and a Weezing in Ubers and done well with them, because they filled a role they were meant to fill in my team. Sejun used a Pachirisu as a pivot to take hits and distract the opponent's mons from. I used a Gastrodon to counter Kyogre and Weezing as a defensive hazard setter.

SlowPokemon

Fun fact lighten up there's no reason to be sore hun
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

unmotivated

Mashi

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 14, 2014, 03:10:25 PMCustomization was the best thing in X and Y, but it makes sense that it's not here because Ruby and Sapphire have protagonists that look and dress a certain way.
im so depressed now :'(

Kman96

I feel like I'm the only one in the Pokemon fandom who isn't bummed in the least about the lack of customization in ORAS.

It was cool, sure, but I was never a fan of wasting all my money on stupid articles of clothing that really didn't affect my gameplay at all. It's no reason to get all butthurt just because they left it out of one game. I 100% expect it to be included in whatever title(s) they release after this, save for any future remakes, perhaps.
Party Hard!
[close]

Nebbles

Quote from: Kman96 on October 18, 2014, 07:35:22 PMI feel like I'm the only one in the Pokemon fandom who isn't bummed in the least about the lack of customization in ORAS.

It was cool, sure, but I was never a fan of wasting all my money on stupid articles of clothing that really didn't affect my gameplay at all. It's no reason to get all butthurt just because they left it out of one game. I 100% expect it to be included in whatever title(s) they release after this, save for any future remakes, perhaps.

This sums up my feelings quite well too. It was nice, but it's not the best thing since sliced bread.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Obviously you guys didn't mess around with it at all because it is the greatest thing in the entire game, no exceptions.

BlackDragonSlayer

On a completely different note (I'm not sure if this has been posted yet):

New Stuff from Kaphotics
Stuff on Pastebin

QuoteRed / Blue Orb as held items causes Primal Reversion on switch-in; Hoopa changes form via Key Item similar to Shaymin. Primal Reversions are not counted towards Mega Evolution, and you can have multiple Primal Reversions of your own happen in a battle.

Ooooh my... this completely changes things... having Primal Kyogre, Primal Groudon, AND a Mega of your choice on the same team is... disastrous...
[close]
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Kman96

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 18, 2014, 07:59:37 PMObviously you guys didn't mess around with it at all because it is the greatest thing in the entire game, no exceptions.
You need to sort out your priorities.
Party Hard!
[close]

mikey

Quote from: Nebbles on October 18, 2014, 07:40:15 PMThis sums up my feelings quite well too. It was nice, but it's not the best thing since sliced bread.
Wait they MAKE that now?
unmotivated

Mashi

customisations are my new 'make it or break it' for whether i buy a video game why do you think we have customisation in super sm4sh guys???

KefkaticFanatic

I really liked the outfits besides the fact that you were forced to always wear a shitty hat.  I always like little customization features in games so it's slightly disappointing to me.  Obviously not dealbreaker, but it's a nice feature that I personally don't think they had any good reason to not include.

me irl
[close]

Jompa

I'm usually all for customization, but for some unexplainable reason I didn't like it in X&Y. So it's no disappointment for me that they're leaving it out.
Birdo for Smash

KefkaticFanatic

It had sort of a mediocre implementation, but my hope was that they would improve upon it for their next release... :P

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

I didn't think there was anything mediocre about it, and idk what you mean by "stupid hat" since every Pokémon protagonist wears a hat as a series staple (and they had at least three or four different interchangeable ones in X and Y). But I think it makes sense not to have it in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, since like I said before, it's a remake of a game that has specific characters as protagonists.

I read somewhere that skin tone changeability is making a return, though, so that's something!