News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Started by Waddle Bro, May 07, 2014, 07:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

Spoiler
There's Wally! I'm glad to see he's alive and well!

Mega Gallade looks cool, I like Mega Camerupt, and while I'm happy for a Mega Sharpedo, it... looks awfully silly.
[close]
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Waddle Bro

Spoiler
Mega Sharpedo will be so good omfg with the pre-Mega Speed Boost. With the Strong Jaw Crunch, it's like a Dragon Dance(with Speed Boost). And with 120 base Attack before the confirmed Mega stat boost is sick. Now that it has access to Destiny Bond in Gen VI, it's hard to revenge kill it effectively.

Mega Camerupt looks amazing, but still gets walled by bulky waters and Gallade looks cool.
[close]

SlowPokemon

I'm so meh about Mega Gallade; Gardevoir is just such a better Pokémon in every regard.

Makes sense for Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt, guess we can look forward to some awesome Maxie/Archie battles. :D
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

Mega Camerupt looks cool, but it's gonna be totally useless competitively :(
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Waddle Bro

Well I wouldn't say useless, but there are much better options to use your Mega slot on.

Dude

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 10, 2014, 07:46:30 AMI'm so meh about Mega Gallade; Gardevoir is just such a better Pokémon in every regard.
What about as a Bulk Up sweeper
unmotivated

blueflower999

Competitively speaking in general Gallade is much better than Gardevoir. Although I'll concede that Gardevoir is probably superior in the areas that Slow cares about.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 10, 2014, 07:46:30 AMI'm so meh about Mega Gallade; Gardevoir is just such a better Pokémon in every regard.
Gallade has blade arms.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

Gallade has a special place in my heart; it's one of the first Pokemon I ever properly EV trained. It's a memoir of my first steps into the competitive realm of Pokemon.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Roz~

Quote from: blueflower999 on September 10, 2014, 01:20:05 PMCompetitively speaking in general Gallade is much better than Gardevoir. Although I'll concede that Gardevoir is probably superior in the areas that Slow cares about.

It really depends on the tier you're playing. Gallade is never used in VGC as it gets its ass kicked by pretty much everything in the format, while Gardevoir is very common as it can handle threats much more efficiently. You can use a bulky Garevoir, or you can run Scarf/Specs and all those sets work well. Imho Gardevoir is better, as I don't think Gallade would fare well in tiers like VGC14 or OU while Gardy as proven to be a useful 'mon in higher tiers. Ofc this could change once ORAS come out.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Waddle Bro

blueflower999

Correction: Before Mega evolution, Gallade was better than Gardevoir. So I'm confident that with Mega Gallade it'll even things up a bit.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Ah yeah sorry to clarify, I don't know much about competitive Pokémon. My comment that Gardevoir was "much better" was entirely a personal opinion.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.