News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Started by Waddle Bro, May 07, 2014, 07:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on July 15, 2014, 11:06:41 AMIsn't it RP right now though?
(Or shouldn't it be?)
Did you not see the video? It's E. And so say the box covers at the end as well.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

BlackDragonSlayer

New Mega Evolutions.

Spoiler

Dragon/Fairy with Pixilate
[close]

Spoiler

Normal/Fighting with Scrappy
[close]

Spoiler

Dragon/Flying with Aerilate
[close]
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Thoughts:

Spoiler
Mega Altaria? Yes please. Altaria is one of my favorite Pokémon of all time, and even if it's just ridiculously fluffy at this point, I'm glad it's getting some new press. Dragon/Fairy is a much better combo than Dragon/Flying, too.

Mega Lopunny? I don't think anyone was pining for it exactly but damn that's a really cool design! I actually like this new design better than the original Lopunny! And I'm glad it gets a second type. This mega evolution could make one of my favorite gen IV Pokémon actually usable.

Mega Salamence? Well it was inevitable. Salamence is another one of my favorite Pokémon, so it's neat that it's getting a mega. And its new design is so odd. I love that they went off the wall in making its mega evolution totally different in appearance.
[close]

Overall, very satisfying. I never considered the fact that Mega Evolutions mean we can get more new Pokémon without entering a new generation. That's a pretty clever way of keeping us interested.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Nebbles

Thoughts:

Spoiler
hahahHAHHAHAHA MEGA SALAMENCE LOOKS FUCKIN' DUMB FOR REAL WHAT ON EARTH

But for real, aerilate? God. Please don't be OP. Please.

I love mega altaria. Big fluffy dragon fairy. Yes yes yes yes yes

And Mega Lopunny? Sure. I'll take it.
[close]

Not bad overall, but there's one mon that really did not need a mega.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

Am I the only one who's not a fan of the mega evolution thing?
unmotivated

braix

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 08, 2014, 09:31:53 PMAm I the only one who's not a fan of the mega evolution thing?
I don't like it either.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Nebbles

Well, with megas, my whole viewpoint is this: I'd be okay with them if Pokemon who NEEDED them got them. Like did Mewtwo, Blaziken, Garchomp, etc need one??? Not at all.

In cases of like, Mawile or Banette, sure, they need some buffs. Like let Mega Evolution cater to Pokemon who actually need it, instead of buffing Pokemon who are actually powerful.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

Quote from: zoroark1264 on August 08, 2014, 09:35:31 PMI don't like it either.
You are no longer dead to me.
Only mostly dead.

Quote from: Nebbles on August 08, 2014, 11:12:30 PMWell, with megas, my whole viewpoint is this: I'd be okay with them if Pokemon who NEEDED them got them. Like did Mewtwo, Blaziken, Garchomp, etc need one??? Not at all.

In cases of like, Mawile or Banette, sure, they need some buffs. Like let Mega Evolution cater to Pokemon who actually need it, instead of buffing Pokemon who are actually powerful.
Not only this is the problem (like pls mega torkoal where), but they kinda just look... WEIRD.
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

As if all Pokémon didn't look weird??? Honestly I see it as a way for old mons to stay relevant and get some new press without taking away from the new generations. And I don't even see a problem with Pokémon like Blaziken getting one; it's just going to make some kid very happy, you know? Competitive is definitely one aspect of Pokémon, sure, but let's not forget the primary target of these games: kids. And what do kids play for? To train the Pokémon they like the best so they can sweep the game with it.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Waddle Bro

Yeah, the main audience for Pokemon games are kids. It's Nintendo's sales strategy that works well and was used to us as well. You hook the kids up when they're young, and they'll become loyal consumers of their products in the future. If the story in Pokemon Red would have been so complicated(note that I didn't even know English at all when I was young, I thought HM01 Cut meant a falling star because of the animation!) I doubt I would have had as much fun and play more Pokemon games after that! Now I've spent hundreds of euros in total just to play Pokemon.

Mega Croissantwing is going to 'Fly' off to Ubers quicker than  the two turns are up, second best Mega after Blaziken

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 09, 2014, 10:26:58 AMAs if all Pokémon didn't look weird??? Honestly I see it as a way for old mons to stay relevant and get some new press without taking away from the new generations. And I don't even see a problem with Pokémon like Blaziken getting one; it's just going to make some kid very happy, you know? Competitive is definitely one aspect of Pokémon, sure, but let's not forget the primary target of these games: kids. And what do kids play for? To train the Pokémon they like the best so they can sweep the game with it.
Salamence USED to look cool...
just saying.
unmotivated

Waddle Bro

Aaaaand spoiler tags were added for no reason.

Echo

The only people I know who don't like Megas are hardcore genwunners who don't even play the games anymore and assume the series has gone downhill lol. Some admitted that if Megas were introduced in like Gen 2 or 3 they probably wouldn't have had a problem with them either.

Anyways, I'm open to all Megas. It's not too different from just introducing a new Pokemon altogether in some cases, gameplay-wise. Like, even the ones that were already good like Garchomp or Mewtwo play vastly differently when unevolved from their Mega Evolutions.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 09, 2014, 02:45:04 PMSalamence USED to look cool...
just saying.

I always thought Salamence's wings were dumb as heck and looked like plastic or cardboard cutouts or something, and that it's legs looked rigid and stubby. At least the new design makes fun of those things.