News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Started by Waddle Bro, May 07, 2014, 07:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

Quote from: fingerz on December 08, 2014, 06:19:43 PMAgreed. I used to shudder every time I knew my rival was coming up or a Gym Leader who was super effective on my main Pokemon... Now I can destroy them without even blinking an eye, even though I'm not level grinding.

I blame Super Training for this too. Without that, it'd make the game a whole lot harder. I suppose not doing any of that until after the main story would make things a little more interesting. Still, if you want a challenge, add your own rules. Be creative. :P

But shouldn't the game be challenging enough on its own without me having to do it myself? What happened to challenge mode from BW2? Why didn't that stick?
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

Quote from: fingerz on December 08, 2014, 06:19:43 PMAgreed. I used to shudder every time I knew my rival was coming up or a Gym Leader who was super effective on my main Pokemon... Now I can destroy them without even blinking an eye, even though I'm not level grinding.

I blame Super Training for this too. Without that, it'd make the game a whole lot harder. I suppose not doing any of that until after the main story would make things a little more interesting. Still, if you want a challenge, add your own rules. Be creative. :P
I don't even know how super training works
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Jon

I hate super training. I had to do it for some shiny stones a few weeks ago and ahh it was hell. I much prefer horde battles for evs.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Kman96 on December 08, 2014, 06:23:10 PMI think the whole thing is relative.

Heck, judging by the reactions given just on this site, it hasn't been the same feeling for everyone.

This?? Also I legitimately thought the dialogue was extremely well written! Not up to par with the writing of the Black and White saga, but much much better than the lame boring stuff everyone spews in X and Y.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jompa

Super training is literally cheating. If I ever decide I wanna go to hell, that'll be high up on the list of things to do to get there.
Birdo for Smash

Waddle Bro

Challenge Mode was really disappointing, as raising CPUmons levels by a little bit wasn't really much more of a challenge. What I ultimately would hope is that they'd improve the AI/CPUs for the future Challenge Modes. That's why I like Battle Maison and Frontier, they offer much more of a challenge than any other people you battle in-game.

mikey

Quote from: Jompa on December 09, 2014, 06:13:13 AMSuper training is literally cheating. If I ever decide I wanna go to hell, that'll be high up on the list of things to do to get there.
Harsh O.o

Also I just found out that the "strongest trainer in the game" is Wally with pokemon only 2 levels higher than that of stevens, and only the second time you beat him, not the first.

What happened to the E4 level ups?  Your rival with level 70 pokemon?
unmotivated

mikey

Online with my level 30ishes if anyone wants to battle
unmotivated

Jon

I would but mine are all level 38-40 now :( I don't think it would be very fair!

mikey

unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 09, 2014, 10:02:15 AMWhat happened to the E4 level ups?  Your rival with level 70 pokemon?

This never happened in Ruby and Sapphire. In Ruby and Sapphire, the highest level monster was Steven's Metagross (58) and you never fought your rival at a higher level than 34.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

I believe they didnt start changing levels until FR/LG and they never bothered to implement that change in Emerald either.  Of course later games would have that feature, but there's a lot of new features added in other gens that they decided not to implement in this remake for whatever reason.  That whole pokemon world tournament thing from BW I see on the wiki sounds really neat and I wish they would have at least put something like that in the game ._.  I would have been happy with *any* sort of large postgame battling feature that wasn't just copypaste maison really..

atm I am just taking the game slow being right before victory road (and having exams this week).  Given that you can't even rematch gym leaders I don't want to burn through the rest of it so quickly lol

also cmaan jompa, I don't have the time to get all those fancy training items and run around to various horde battles, but just doing some easy spam minigames to EV train real fast is something I can get done quick

me irl
[close]

Nebbles

The Maison was so eh anyway, so I was hoping for at least the damn Battle Tower or something.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

KefkaticFanatic

Well hopefully they won't keep rushing out yearly releases and we'll get something more fleshed out someday.... if I really think I want another generation that is ._.

me irl
[close]