News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Started by Waddle Bro, May 07, 2014, 07:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

mikey

I will battle you when I have my 3ds, my pokemanz are level 30ish I think
unmotivated

Jon

Okay fab! I'm at work for like 5 more hours tho lol

KefkaticFanatic

from interview with Masuda about ORAS:

QuoteQ:We noticed ORAS had a lower difficulty level compared to previous Pokemon games. What bought you to this decision? Any chance that future games will have the possibility to adjust difficulty level as seen in Black and White 2?
A:What? How come you've already played the games? hearty laughter [the games were supposed to come out in Italy the day after the interview] We created a "balanced" game that was suited for our time and age, where everyone is very busy and young people have various means of entertainment. Using smartphones and other devices they can access a great number of games, so the time they dedicate to a single game is less than in the past. The player can choose to keep on playing after the main story and continue to the post-game, where the difficulty rises and there are much more difficult Trainers and challenges to overcome.

Q:Why wasn't the Battle Frontier in the remakes?
A:This question is connected with my previous answer. We didn't put the BF in ORAS for this very reason. Interviewer's note: In short he means that they didn't include the BF because only a very small part of the players would have fully appreciated and made use of this feature; nowadays players get bored and frustrated more easily and they aren't interested in things that are so demanding/challenging.

Pretty disappointing that they're giving the excuse of "well kids these days wont play it so why bother".  Honestly it sounds more along the lines of developer laziness.  There's a lot of extra content in ORAS that is neat to have, but a lot of it does just feel like they're pasting as much existing content as possible from other games with all the Battle stuff being direct copies and legendaries just being thrown every which way :|

me irl
[close]

DrP

It really is sad.

I found that the Emerald Battle Frontier was both quite challenging and original.

K-NiGhT

I got my hopes up for the battle frontier :( i was thinking maybe it could even have some internet connectivity and we could have like NSM Battle Dome tournaments

it was really disappointing to see, tbh.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Nebbles

"wah we don't want a challenge" fucking really?? are people that much of pissbabies they can't handle a challenging thing in a video game that's also TOTALLY OPTIONAL?

i fucking hate people
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

I knew it seemed easier than it used to be
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

If you play without the Exp. Share the game is significantly harder than the originals. Also I respect Game Freak's decision to not spend a shitton of effort and recreate the Battle Frontier.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

Yea I have a question about that thing why is it called the Exp. Share when it's actually the Exp. All from 1st gen?
unmotivated

Jompa

Quote from: Nebbles on December 08, 2014, 04:23:35 AM"wah we don't want a challenge" fucking really?? are people that much of pissbabies they can't handle a challenging thing in a video game that's also TOTALLY OPTIONAL?

i fucking hate people
This so much. It's like these people aren't even playing the games. My brother with ORAS for example, has been watching playthroughs of every single city/route/area he's been to whilst playing himself - it's like he isn't even playing the game. All he's interested in is having a PC box full of hacked inn shinies and legendaries, and eventhough he also played Emerald he barely even knows what the Battle Frontier is, and uses the excuse "it's not a part of the main game" - this was also his excuse for not doing the Looker-missions on X&Y (where he also watched walkthroughs for EVERYTHING first (and since there wasn't a walkthrough for the looker missions, he didn't accept it as part of the game)), which just shows that to him, the game is just about encountering as few trainers as possible until you reach the Elite Four, and then all that's left to do is beating them over and over again with lv100 legendaries.
Makes me so pissed.

Not that it's any relevant, I'm just pissed about it as I recently found out, but he also stole my entire team from my Black 2 game over to his ORAS: lv100 Clafable, lv100 Houndoom, lv100 Galvantula, lv100 Qwilfish, lv100 Entei and lv100 Whimsicott.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 08, 2014, 06:06:55 AMIf you play without the Exp. Share the game is significantly harder than the originals.
This is not true at all - I turned it off the second I got it, and every pokemon on my team has been 10 levels over each gym leader - Since 2nd gym I haven't even lost half my health in a single battle (including gyms and rivals). The game is a lot easier than the originals.
Birdo for Smash

mikey

Looks like I'll have my 3DS on wednesday.
yay.
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

@Jompa I don't know how far you are but the end game parts are definitely much more difficult than the originals.

Also it's fine to voice your frustrations about the game but respect that everyone likes to play it differently.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

unmotivated

Jompa

15, but it's like his brain is that of a 6 year old.
Birdo for Smash