News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Started by Waddle Bro, May 07, 2014, 07:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kman96

The music is good, but I do have reservations over the entire collection. However, I kinda screwed myself over in that aspect...

If anyone remembers my Alyos project (which I would still like to tackle at some point), which was to turn Alaska into a Pokémon region, I went ahead and chose specific songs from the games to be that location's music because I felt like it.  Many of those songs were from Ruby and Sapphire, so I've listened to some of those songs dozens of times over, and just NOT hearing them the way I had for time and time again made me feel a little sad. I listen to the songs as I play through the game, and the tones and styles of the songs don't match up with where I had aligned them in the locations, so it's throwing me off. I'm sure that if I hadn't done that, I would be absolutely in love with the soundtrack!

tl;dr Alyos fucked up my ORAS music experience.

Please don't use the above paragraph to start any argument - I love the game just as much as you guys, but I spoiled my own enjoyment of the music. Oops.
Party Hard!
[close]

Jompa

I think the music is meh too. NOT the compositions, they're the best things ever - the arrangements aren't all that good - the remixes, basically. Comparing them to the originals I find them very disappointing.
Birdo for Smash

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

mikey

I love the music while you're in town- huge improvement to me.  Routes aren't as amazing as the cities are but they're still awesome :)
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Do yourself a favor and talk to all the NPCs on the third floor of Mauville City
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 26, 2014, 07:17:23 AMDo yourself a favor and talk to all the NPCs on the third floor of Mauville City
I'm not there yet ;_;
I just got to dewford
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

I wasn't talking to you specifically. I meant everyone since for whatever reason most people don't talk to Pokémon NPCs

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 26, 2014, 08:31:18 AMI wasn't talking to you specifically. I meant everyone since for whatever reason most people don't talk to Pokémon NPCs
well you said yourself... :/ oh well I'll keep it in mind :P
unmotivated

KefkaticFanatic

I def spend tons of time running around and talking to every NPC and checking every sign even if I already knew what it was going to say \ o /

Also Mauville city is super cool.  They also made Flannery rather amusing (though I'm not that far, I just watched over Ruto's shoulder :P )

me irl
[close]

Bubbles

I LOVED Flannery and all the other personalities they gave the characters. I actually care about my rival now because he keeps making silly faces that reflect what he is saying

Nebbles

I LOVE what they did with Mauville. And yes - the rival has so much personality now! It's awesome!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

SO HAPPY THEY KEPT FLANNERY'S DIALOGUE THE SAME. The dialogue seems to be exceptionally well written in this remake for whatever reason. I find myself enjoying the writing of Team Magma and Team Aqua especially.

K-NiGhT

It's interesting to see how detailed the translations and dialogue have become in the last 20 years. Looking back on Red and Blue, I'm surprised I didn't have a fit over how bad everything sounded. Lol

SlowPokemon

I've battled with my crush a few times and I beat him today B) but not the way I'd like to

K-NiGhT