News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Started by Waddle Bro, May 07, 2014, 07:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roz~

Quote from: blueflower999 on September 11, 2014, 02:19:14 PMCorrection: Before Mega evolution, Gallade was better than Gardevoir. So I'm confident that with Mega Gallade it'll even things up a bit.

Eh to be honest Gardy doesn't need her mega evolution to be better. Gardy became better once she became part Fairy type. But yeah, maybe once ORAS comes out Gallade will be better. Hopefully it doesn't have the exact same stats as Gardy except for atk and sp. atk switched.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Olimar12345

Of those last three new megas, gallade's design was probably the best. The others looked rather meh to me.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

KefkaticFanatic

so I'm curious, how do people justify making these mega evolutions as legit competitive if they ban like every legendary and mega evolution seems to just make normal pokemans into defacto legendaries

me irl
[close]

Waddle Bro

To divide the Pokemon into different metagames, and preventing those metagames from becoming over-centralized.

The bans are put in order to prevent certain mons of taking over the tier, and it should also be noted how the community can vote for ban or no ban. Smogon staff has only quickbanned one thing this gen by themselves I think, which was Blaziken. Deoxys was maybe one, not sure.
The voting system is a little questionable, imo.

Waddle Bro

Double post cuz trailer

Glad to see Mega Groudon have an ability that nerfs it's quad weakness to Water. Doesn't change the fact how broken Mega Kyogre seems doe

Roz~

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 11, 2014, 11:55:44 PMso I'm curious, how do people justify making these mega evolutions as legit competitive if they ban like every legendary and mega evolution seems to just make normal pokemans into defacto legendaries

Most things aren't banned in VGC, which is why it's fun. You can still wreck faces with Mega Kangaskhan. Speaking of Mega Khan, it was one of the first thing that was banned as it could ohko/2hko most pokémon, so every team had to either 1. run a Mega Khan or 2.  run a counter to it, like rocky helmet Ferrothorn. As Waddle said, it was too centralizing so they banned it. The fun thing about VGC is that because it's double battles everything becomes easier to handle, so even Mega Khan is not that big of a threat (ok that is a stretch that thing is a goddamn monster)

Quote from: Waddle Bro on September 12, 2014, 07:48:41 AMDouble post cuz trailer

Glad to see Mega Groudon have an ability that nerfs it's quad weakness to Water. Doesn't change the fact how broken Mega Kyogre seems doe

God I wanted Mega Kyogre but now I might want Mega Groudon
Ugh I'll have to get both games again

Waddle Bro

Kyogre+Genesect as an offensive core seems coll

I'm interested in how long will the intense weather last.

Roz~

It does omg
but yeah, I guess... 5 turns? But it's so overpowered I'm not sure it's gonna last that long

mikey

mega gallade may very well be the first mega evolution I've seen that I haven't at least slightly disliked on the spot.

And jeez those weather things are so broken
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on September 12, 2014, 07:48:41 AMGlad to see Mega Groudon have an ability that nerfs it's quad weakness to Water. Doesn't change the fact how broken Mega Kyogre seems doe
"The opposing Milotic used Rain Dance! The extremely harsh sunlight was not lessened at all!"

Spoiler
[close]

Also, Precipice Blades.

And, more about the weather:
Quote from: SerebiiThe new weathers are permanent but fade when the Pokémon is switched out.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

JDMEK5

Does the permanent weather negate Rayquaza's Air Lock then?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Clanker37

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 13, 2014, 06:10:03 PMDoes the permanent weather negate Rayquaza's Air Lock then?
It should, given that Rayquaza is the controller of Kyogre and Groudon. I would be very surprised if Rayquaza didn't have the ability to stop Kyogre and Groudon.

mikey

Quote from: Clanker37 on September 13, 2014, 09:20:20 PMIt shouldn't, given that Rayquaza is the controller of Kyogre and Groudon. I would be very surprised if Rayquaza didn't have the ability to stop Kyogre and Groudon.
unmotivated

Waddle Bro

Cloud Nine Golduck best Groudon counter

mikey

Quote from: Waddle Bro on September 14, 2014, 06:15:46 AMCloud Nine Golduck best Groudon counter
if it's lucky it might 3HKO with Ice Beam
unmotivated