News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Started by Waddle Bro, May 07, 2014, 07:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kman96

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 10, 2014, 04:33:06 PMI hear a piece like Rustboro City or Lilycove City or Battle! (Brendan/May) and I just salivate in anticipation. It'd be hella if they did a different remix for each city in which the same music played in Ruby and Sapphire--like imagine Rustboro City's music, but in Mossdeep City it had steel drum as the main instrument or something, and in Mauville it was super jazzy.
That's basically what they did in HGSS with Ecruteak and Cianwood City. As well as Pewter City and Viridian city.

I'd be down for that.
Party Hard!
[close]

Nebbles

Oooh, that idea didn't cross my mind at all... I really hope they do that.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Kman96 on August 10, 2014, 09:03:51 PMThat's basically what they did in HGSS with Ecruteak and Cianwood City. As well as Pewter City and Viridian city.

I'd be down for that.

I'm aware, though they only did it for Ecruteak and Cianwood, not Viridian and Pewter.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

I thought Viridian, Pewter, and Saffron (i think) all had the same music?

SlowPokemon

Yeah, but they used the same arrangement for all three cities. Ecruteak and Cianwood had the same music in Gold and Silver, but in HeartGold and SoulSilver they're each given a different arrangement.

K-NiGhT

I honestly can't wait for this game I'm gonna start frothing at the mouth omfg
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Nebbles

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 11, 2014, 11:54:02 AMYeah, but they used the same arrangement for all three cities. Ecruteak and Cianwood had the same music in Gold and Silver, but in HeartGold and SoulSilver they're each given a different arrangement.

Ah, that's what I meant.

But yeah these games are gonna be GREAT. The wait's gonna kill me... still around 3 months away.

SlowPokemon

It's like, I'll love these games no matter what, because Hoenn is so close to my heart. I doubt I could love it more than those original GBA ones, just because of how special they are to me, but it's so cool that some eleven years later they're bringing back my first foray into the Pokémon world.

Which versions are you guys getting, btw? I'm going Omega Ruby.

Nebbles

I'm getting both, as I usually do. One will stay as my version I'll never erase, and the other will be the one I restart over and over for new runs of the game, etc.

K-NiGhT

I'll probably get alpha sapphire since sapphire was the first hoenn game I got :P

SlowPokemon

Oh and what starter will you guys choose? I'm just curious.

K-NiGhT

Waddle Bro

Me and Sapphire have a special history that started before I even started the actual save file~

I'd really want to pick Treecko(<3), but tbh because I'm a competitive fuck, I'll end up picking Mudkip for breeding to get a kickass Mega Swampert later for WiFi battles. I usually end up ditching my starter anyways because they're so mainstream and I want to use a variety of unique Pokes.

Nebbles

Torchic was my first starter, so I'm definitely picking it first.

Jompa

I'll pick Omega Ruby I think.
I always ditch my starter right at the beginning, for the same reasons as Waddle. I'll probably choose Mudkip.
Birdo for Smash