News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

PDF creator

Started by Maelstrom, May 02, 2014, 10:25:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

I need some way to make PDFs of my music. I downloaded PDFcreator at mariolegofan's recommendation, but I keep getting blank pages from it, despite the test page working. Does anyone have any alternatives or solutions?

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

Is there anything free that will not try to make me pay money or advertize?

Olimar12345

There is a free version, but it puts an add on your screen when you use it. I just right-click the icon on the task bar to delete it and go about my business. Probably not the easiest option, but it works for me.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

My computer won't let me download the converter because the link is associated with malware. The driver downloads fine, however. Any other programs anyone?

Echo

Olimar12345

I'm loving CutePDF ty echo! :J

Maelstrom

And that doesn't work either. Says it doesn't run on 64bit and the box says 16 bit. Anything else?

Echo

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 02, 2014, 01:00:19 PMI'm loving CutePDF ty echo! :J

You're welcome, glad it helped!

Quote from: maelstrom. on May 02, 2014, 01:47:49 PMAnd that doesn't work either. Says it doesn't run on 64bit and the box says 16 bit. Anything else?

Hm, weird, it should work on 64-bit systems. Did you try searching online the actual error message to find a solution? Try downloading the converter/GhostScript thing too if you haven't yet.

If you can't get it to work, maybe try doPDF or BullZip. I've never used them myself, but they seem to be some of the more highly recommended PDF Writers. If after all that you can't get any to work, just send me a PM and I'll make your PDFs for ya. Anyways, good luck!

JDMEK5

I used CutePDF but now I use PDFCreator. Works fine for me and honestly is the best one I think. But the alternatives work fine too and there are plenty of options. Just don't buy a program cuz there are tons of free ones that should do.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26