Pokémon Diamond Version and Pokémon Pearl Version

Started by SlowPokemon, April 22, 2014, 06:23:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waddle Bro

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 22, 2014, 07:37:18 PMThis is pretty nitpicky, but the Arceus battle theme wasn't actually in the Sinnoh games, it's just in HeartGold and SoulSilver.
do u even hack bro

forgot to mention my favourite town and that was Veilstone because gamblin

Dude

Quote from: slow^Waddle, that song didn't exist in Diamond and Pearl even if you hacked to battle Arceus.

dude, you get that one flute from a past event and use it at the place where you fight dialga/palkia so you fight arceus

I don't remember names because this gen was the least memorable for me sadly.

and whatever that glitch was (twinking? twerking?) wouldn't get you to the hall of origin(omg i remembered it) because it's located in the underground and hasn't/can't(?) be found.

For future reference to everyone, In case you are found to be incorrect about something insignificant, don't delete your posts, because it just confuses people.

Echo

Quote from: Dude on April 23, 2014, 11:57:23 AMdude, you get that one flute from an unreleased event and use it at the place where you fight dialga/palkia so you fight arceus

Ftfy

mikey

This thread is no longer about favorite moments of DP and is now about arceus

pretty sure using the walk through walls cheat made it doable, it's how I got Darkrai and Shaymin :/
unmotivated

Nebbles

I don't remember if walk through walls was used for Arceus. I definitely used a cheat code to activate the event.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Even if you hack and battle Arceus in the Sinnoh games, the theme music didn't even exist until HeartGold and SoulSilver, where it's used during the Shinto Ruins event.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

braix

This was my first DS game ever. Nonstalgia wow.

Favorite town or city: Either it's Hearthome or Jubilife city. I just love the music and I spent so much time in those places.

Favorite route: Route 209, also for the music.

Favorite new feature: Music again. How it changes at different times. Also I liked the Poketech idk why I just did.

Favorite music: Um...TOO HARD WHY?? I'd probably say...uh...sorry, I love them all enough to have them in my iPod, I just can't decide.

Favorite new Pokémon: Garchomp. I love that thing.

Favorite new evolution: I really have no clue. I love every one.

Favorite new pre-evolution: Honestly, why do these have to be so hard to answer?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: zoroark1264 on April 23, 2014, 01:57:09 PMFavorite town or city: Either it's Hearthome or Jubilife city. I just love the music and I spent so much time in those places.

Ughhhhh both of those themes are SO AMAZING. Hitomi Sato's work on Diamond and Pearl is absolutely fantastic.

Hearthome City in particular is one of my favorites

Nebbles

Hearthome's music is fantastic. Man, I feel like Sinnoh's soundtrack is seriously under-appreciated.

SlowPokemon

I honestly consider it the best Pokémon soundtrack, but I think that's basically the popular opinion among people who actually care about Pokémon music.

Oh, I'm not sure if you guys know this, but Game Freak recently made Pokémon Diamond and Pearl soundtrack album available on iTunes for $9.99, and it's definitely worth checking out. The same goes for all of the other soundtracks they've put up, but Diamond and Pearl is the focus of this thread, so you know.

Nebbles

I need to get around to actually buying that. I need some HQ Sinnoh music in my life.

Echo

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 23, 2014, 01:54:50 PMEven if you hack and battle Arceus in the Sinnoh games, the theme music didn't even exist until HeartGold and SoulSilver, where it's used during the Shinto Ruins event.

It was definitely in the Diamond/Pearl games first. That's why people called it Arceus's Battle Music to begin with.

http://youtu.be/G2t3S6cM84k?t=1m4s

Quote from: Dude on April 23, 2014, 02:14:21 PMhttp://www.serebii.net/games/events.shtml

It was released, but you just had to be there irl

Ah, Serebii's wrong. They wrote that a long time ago assuming that the Azure Flute would be released eventually, and they never took it down.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Azure_Flute

Anyways, I really dig the jazz going on in Sinnoh's soundtrack. The Unova games have my favourite soundtracks, but Sinnoh's still in my top 3 (actually, now that I think about it, I think the whole DS era is the highpoint of the series' music for me).

braix

Quote from: Nebbles on April 23, 2014, 02:25:26 PMHearthome's music is fantastic. Man, I feel like Sinnoh's soundtrack is seriously under-appreciated.
Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 23, 2014, 02:29:39 PMI honestly consider it the best Pokémon soundtrack, but I think that's basically the popular opinion among people who actually care about Pokémon music.
Agreed through n through. DP's music is awesome. Personally, I don't really like Pokemon X and Y's music too much, for the most part. It sounds more electro or whatever than the other games' soundtracks were.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Nebbles

X and Y had some really good key songs, and other unmemorable okay ones.

Though I also wanna give special mention to all of the battle frontier music. Especially the frontier brain theme, god damn.