Maelstrom's Arrangements - 8th Anniversary - Xeno Suprise

Started by Maelstrom, April 09, 2014, 12:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see more arrangements of?

Fire Emblem
2 (11.1%)
Touhou
1 (5.6%)
Weird stuff
8 (44.4%)
This poll doesn't matter because maelstrom will just arrange weird stuff anyway
13 (72.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Maelstrom

It ended July 13th of 2015, so I think you missed it by quite a bit.

cashwarrior1

Maelstrom

Steins;Gate
Gate of Steiner - Piano
[midi] [.mus] [.musx] [PDF] [Original]

This one took longer than expected, but turned out beautifully.

Dudeman

GURRRRRHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
GURRRUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
GURRRRRAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
GRRHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm sorry, I just got so hyped. This sounds incredible.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Static

Your arrangement of this is amazing! It sounds really good!

SlowPokemon

Just at a glance: you either need to change the first few lines' left hand to treble clef or put it in the top staff in a second layer. As you have it, notated in bass clef with an octave sign, is clunky and difficult to read. Same for when it comes back in m. 25, etc. That's just basic notation stuff. It's actually twice as glaring because you almost never should use an octave ABOVE sign for bass clef (or an octave below for treble clef). I don't see any serious issues with the rest, though I also haven't listened to it, just read through.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maelstrom

Trust me, I tried clef changes. It got really, really messy.
Thanks, though.

SlowPokemon

What on earth is messy about the clef changes there that looks worse than that octave marking
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maelstrom

The crazy amount of leger lines.
I will keep this in mind when I re-edit it for subs. Thanks.

Dudeman

Any way you could get those last three measures that are all by themselves off of the last page?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Maelstrom

This site needs more Yuzo Koshiro.

Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City
Unrest ~ Hoist the Sword with Pride in Your Heart
[midi] [.mus] [.musx] [PDF] [Original]

Dekkadeci

In response to your new thread title:

GaMetal exposed me to Etrian Odyssey III's soundtrack, so I've listened to some of its battle themes. Although I generally like the way they combine consonant tunes with rhythmic edginess, for some reason, I tend to be more strongly attracted to the dissonant ones.

...Shucks, the song I know best is still the one with a GaMetal remix, "Their Own Brand of Justice". I've listened to "Unrest ~ Hoist the Sword with Pride in Your Heart", but I do not remember the tune...

Maelstrom

Forgot to mention it, but I now have a youtube channel.
Right now, it just has video scores, but I want to get some performances on by the end of the summer.
Check it out here.

Maelstrom

A new poll has been put up, and will only be up until I finish my next arrangement. I want to get another large arrangement out of the way before I head off to college, and I couldn't decide, so it's up to you guys.

Happy voting!