News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Sheet Music Errors Thread

Started by KefkaticFanatic, March 16, 2014, 06:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fullmetalgrudo

Quote from: Latios212 on May 12, 2024, 11:16:31 AMFixed this along with:
- https in URL
- "and" in composer info
- Measure number positioning
- A bit of staff spacing and margin work
- Removal of octave clefs
- Corrected some incorrectly flipped notes
- Adjusted some rhythm groupings
- Removed 8va in left hand

All right! Thanks :)

Radiak488417

Submitting some fixes for a very beloved sheet, World 3 from SMG2:

-Composer should be Mahito Yokota
-Tempo should be 110
-m8 RH beat 2: F# should be an Fn
-m8 RH beat 4: missing an A
-m10 RH beat 4: missing an E
-m10 RH beat 4.5: C# should be a Cn
-m11 RH beat 4: missing an E
-m12 RH beat 1: missing a C#
-m13 RH beat 4: I don't think the C# is restruck here
-m16 LH beat 1: missing a Gn, and I don't hear the E. I also think the top three notes would make more sense as a rolled chord in the RH.
-m17 could use a ritardando

The song doesn't actually repeat back to m4, it should repeat back to m5 and there should be an extra measure at the end that looks something like this:

Tobbeh99

I was looking at the mega man 2 song Wily stage 1. And I think the metronome mark is too fast. I listened to it and it sounds more like q=160 or maybe somewhat higher, and not 180.

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

No, 180 still seems right to me?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

(tried tapping again) Hmm, maybe you're right actually.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Valxiya

"Gateway Galaxy" from Super Mario Galaxy
In measure 8, the last note should be an F, not an Ab.

"Map" from Donkey Kong Country
Composer should be Eveline Fischer/Novakovic, not David Wise

"Victory" from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
There are two measure numbers in measure 5, and the copyright symbol isn't actually a copyright symbol, it's just a (C).

Valxiya

Quote from: Valxiya on June 10, 2024, 05:24:05 PM"Gateway Galaxy" from Super Mario Galaxy
In measure 8, the last note should be an F, not an Ab.

"Map" from Donkey Kong Country
Composer should be Eveline Fischer/Novakovic, not David Wise

"Victory" from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
There are two measure numbers in measure 5, and the copyright symbol isn't actually a copyright symbol, it's just a (C).

Actually, in "Gateway Galaxy" there is an F in the left hand that I completely missed, so it seems that I was wrong about that one. 

ThatHiddenCharacter

I just noticed (thanks to the update video) that one of the grace notes I was supposed to delete in Screwbot Factory 2 didn't actually get deleted. Here's the files with it gone, I didn't touch anything else.

The Files
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Tobbeh99

Not really an error but I noticed that some of the Final fantasy 1 sheets are not from the original NES sountrack, but looks more to be from the remakes. Some sheets I've noticed this are Chaos temple, Ocean Shrine and Matoya's Cave.

10/10 tobbeh

Fantastic Ike

QuoteNot really an error but I noticed that some of the Final fantasy 1 sheets are not from the original NES sountrack, but looks more to be from the remakes. Some sheets I've noticed this are Chaos temple, Ocean Shrine and Matoya's Cave.

I think the updaters already know about this one. If you check the Replacement Audit most of them should be mentioned here. Now, actually getting around to doing this would be...a lot of work perhaps? I might submit some replacements in the future, but curious to hear what the official verdict is.

Latios212

Quote from: Radiak488417 on June 03, 2024, 08:45:06 PMSubmitting some fixes for a very beloved sheet, World 3 from SMG2:

-Composer should be Mahito Yokota
-Tempo should be 110
-m8 RH beat 2: F# should be an Fn
-m8 RH beat 4: missing an A
-m10 RH beat 4: missing an E
-m10 RH beat 4.5: C# should be a Cn
-m11 RH beat 4: missing an E
-m12 RH beat 1: missing a C#
-m13 RH beat 4: I don't think the C# is restruck here
-m16 LH beat 1: missing a Gn, and I don't hear the E. I also think the top three notes would make more sense as a rolled chord in the RH.
-m17 could use a ritardando

The song doesn't actually repeat back to m4, it should repeat back to m5 and there should be an extra measure at the end that looks something like this:

Thanks! I agree with all the above and have made the corresponding changes. I adjusted a few more things that needed some polish as well, including adjusting the positioning of some dynamics, spacing in the last system, hiding a couple of unneeded rests in m. 10, and adding the "s" in "https" in the URL.

(Other things above we will take a look at sometime too, sorry for the wait!)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle