TWG 65: Haunting Spirits

Started by Greg, March 11, 2014, 07:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liggy

We need stuff to discuss:

I think the Martyr should not revive Davy; they should wait until the Seer revives.  BDS thinks the opposite.  Discuss.

mikey

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
people posted

but I have to go to sleep now >.>
unmotivated

Liggy

Oh for the record, I want the Martyr to wait for the Seer because Davy can use his power while dead and if he gets revived he'd just be killed.  I suppose you could make the argument for the Seer as well, but the Seer at least has useful information to say!

Greg

TWG 65: Haunting Spirits

Any powers that make posts are done through me. Also, players have no powers while alive (including the guardian) unless mentioned otherwise.

1. Master Wolf: After dying, can reveal a fake public seering of any player at the beginning of any phase through me. The master wolf chooses the colour. Can also post an anonymous post-death totem at any point.
2. Wolf Sniper: After dying, can instantly kill a player at any point.
3. Wolf Painter: After dying, can permanently paint a player any colour at any point.

4. Seer: Can seer while alive.
5. Guardian: After dying, he gets one chance to identify a live wolf during a night phase. If successful, the wolfing that phase is blocked. (The kill will be labeled as having been blocked, unless there was no kill that night.)
6. Human Totem: Can post an anonymous post-death totem at any point.
7. Phoenix: Can revive themselves for one phase after dying. During this phase they can speak normally, but they do not count for human numbers, they cannot vote, and they cannot send or receive private messages.
8. Human Private Totem: After dying, can send one player an anonymous private message containing whatever information they want. (Done through me, obviously.)
9. Haunting Seer: After dying, can reveal a public seering at the beginning of any phase.
10. Human Copycat: After dying, can pick any player (living or dead). Receives one use of their power. (If they pick the master wolf, they only get one of his powers (randomly chosen), and the public seering will not be fake.)
11. Human Roleblocker: At any point (including after dying), can cancel one player's ability permanently. This fails on the Master Wolf.
12. Human Martyr: While alive, can sacrifice themself at the end of any phase to revive any other player. If that player has used their ability, they will get another use upon death. Fails if used on the Phoenix. If lynched/wolfed in the same phase as they use their ability, the other kill takes precedence.

None of the players, except the Roleblocker, the Martyr, the Seer, and the Master Wolf know their identities before dying.

The_Subjective_Thought has died!

1. BlackDragonSlayer
2. The_Subjective_Thought
3. wolf
4. Toby
5. Liggy
6. spitllama
7. Mashi
8. NocturneOfShadow
9. davy
10. Dude
11. Boo Guy
12. Nakah

It is now Day 2. Day 2 will end Thursday March 20, 6:00 PM, PST.

Mashi is Red.

mikey

hmmm
TST wolfing.
Mashi you're red though too...
I don't really care I think I'll vote for Mashi.  Right now statistically he's more likely to be a wolf because 2 wolf kills...
eh idk.  This TWG is a lot harder than the others >.>
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Huh... Mashi, if you're the Martyr, you better speak now (but then again, as I mentioned in chat, how can we trust you? :s).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

I'll wait for Mashi to say something, but for now, I say:
START TALKING! SAY ANYTHING (within reason)... we don't want this lynch to be rushed like last phase! :<
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

Yeah we definitely need something to talk about
before BDS gets angry again o.o
unmotivated

Mashi

Phase was updated promptly at 9PM EST.  This means that the Haunting Seer would either have to be Nakah or davy, because The_Subjective_Thought wouldn't realise he/she would have to make a seering without premonition.  I'm figuring that there would be a Phase delay for power usage after death to accommodate for this.  The alternative is for him to have been Master Wolf and for the Wolves to have planned this, but that would be incredibly foolish.  Greg, could you clarify about when post-death powers can be used?  If they can be used instantly after death, it gives Players a clue on who used what power based on when the Phade update post is reupdated.

davy was the Roleblocker, which leaves Nakah to be the candidate of being either Haunting Seer or Master Wolf.

Nakah was not online during the Night Phase: Date Registered: February 24, 2008, 01:30:11 PMLocal Time:March 19, 2014, 05:06:22 AMLast Active: March 18, 2014, 06:16:49 PM
No idea why his Local Time is 5 hours 30 minutes ahead of mine since we both live in EST, but Last Active Time is in EST (you can check an online person's profile if you want to verify).  The Phase ended 2 hours and 45 minutes after his death, which implies that in order for his power to have been used, the Wolves used the power for him.  Greg, could you clarify whether you permit the Wolves to use powers on the behalf of other dead Wolves?

So unless I've missed something, I think Nakah was the Master Wolf and the Wolves used his power on me to have me publicly seered as Red.

Greg

Post-death powers can be used immediately upon death, but this doesn't include during the phase of death (since players who don't know their roles would get them at the end of the phase of their death). Also, wolves can't use powers on their partners' behalf.

The_Subjective_Thought

Thrice damned godforsaken son of a-

At least I get a power now. I'm going to go see what it is!

Also for future deaths, how much can be said in a death post?
POKE IT WITH A STICK.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 10, 2013, 07:30:11 PM
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!

Wolf

So the wolf painter finally made a move.
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

mikey

Well stuff's finally happening
Quote from: Mashi on March 18, 2014, 09:23:33 PMPhase was updated promptly at 9PM EST.  This means that the Haunting Seer would either have to be Nakah or davy, because The_Subjective_Thought wouldn't realise he/she would have to make a seering without premonition.  I'm figuring that there would be a Phase delay for power usage after death to accommodate for this.  The alternative is for him to have been Master Wolf and for the Wolves to have planned this, but that would be incredibly foolish.  Greg, could you clarify about when post-death powers can be used?  If they can be used instantly after death, it gives Players a clue on who used what power based on when the Phade update post is reupdated.

davy was the Roleblocker, which leaves Nakah to be the candidate of being either Haunting Seer or Master Wolf.

Nakah was not online during the Night Phase: Date Registered: February 24, 2008, 01:30:11 PMLocal Time:March 19, 2014, 05:06:22 AMLast Active: March 18, 2014, 06:16:49 PM
No idea why his Local Time is 5 hours 30 minutes ahead of mine since we both live in EST, but Last Active Time is in EST (you can check an online person's profile if you want to verify).  The Phase ended 2 hours and 45 minutes after his death, which implies that in order for his power to have been used, the Wolves used the power for him.  Greg, could you clarify whether you permit the Wolves to use powers on the behalf of other dead Wolves?

So unless I've missed something, I think Nakah was the Master Wolf and the Wolves used his power on me to have me publicly seered as Red.
So I'm just gonna trust you without checking all this >.>  You're saying that Nakah WASN'T online but somebody faked your seering?  Could it possibly have been a real seering?
Quote from: Greg on March 18, 2014, 10:22:54 PMPost-death powers can be used immediately upon death, but this doesn't include during the phase of death (since players who don't know their roles would get them at the end of the phase of their death). Also, wolves can't use powers on their partners' behalf.
So if Nakah wasn't online, (assuming he's the master wolf) then what exactly happened?  Could davy have been lying about being the roleblocker?  It's about as likely as lynching a master wolf on day one :P
Quote from: wolf on March 19, 2014, 03:56:43 AMSo the wolf painter finally made a move.
It could be but I doubt that the results of the painter are told in the beginning of the phase.

Mashi, I think it's really unlikely that Nakah was the Master Wolf.  If we really wanted to we could have the martyr revive him then have someone seer him :P
But honestly if Nakah wasn't online then davy probably could have been lying about being the roleblocker?
our 3 possibilities then (assuming your info is 100% correct):
1) Nakah was the master wolf and told greg to fake Mashi red
2) davy was not actually the roleblocker, but he was still wolved.
3) Nakah was the haunting seer and seered Mashi red. (Don't forget Mashi is the one who lynched him-he might have a vendetta :P )
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 18, 2014, 06:28:00 PMHuh... Mashi, if you're the Martyr, you better speak now (but then again, as I mentioned in chat, how can we trust you? :s).
If mashi's the martyr we're in a pickle.  He's got to speak up because I'm voting for him (idk about anyone else :/ ) and if he does then he's got to sacrifice himself this phase or else he'll probably be wolfed.
unmotivated

Mashi

No, it doesn't make any sense for it to have been the Wolf Painter.  Nakah is either the Haunting Seer (in which case, I allege that I'm the Human Copycat) or the Master Wolf (in which case, I'm any Human).

Also, I was mistaken before; March 18th was yesterday, not the day before (as I misinterpreted because the local time was March 19th and it was confusing because time dilation, okay???), so Nakah was online to send in the PM.

mikey

Quote from: Mashi on March 19, 2014, 06:55:54 AMNo, it doesn't make any sense for it to have been the Wolf Painter.  Nakah is either the Haunting Seer (in which case, I allege that I'm the Human Copycat) or the Master Wolf (in which case, I'm any Human).

Also, I was mistaken before; March 18th was yesterday, not the day before (as I misinterpreted because the local time was March 19th and it was confusing because time dilation, okay???), so Nakah was online to send in the PM.
Okay then... so it COULD be Nakah.  That makes it unlikely for Davy to not be the roleblocker I guess so there goes that.  I guess it would make sense for him to be the master wolf, but I'm confused as to how exactly the totem would work.
Still kind of weird if we hit a wolf out of pure luck :P
If he IS the master wolf then you're probably not a wolf though.  If the majority of us agree that he's probably a master wolf then I'll switch my vote I guess to whoever needs it.
unmotivated