News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

TWG LXIV: The Dangerous Flora and Fauna of Umbra

Started by BlackDragonSlayer, February 13, 2014, 01:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby

Greg

Yeah, nobody knows who the psychic is.

Anyway, the seer's claimed to me (on Nocturne's advice apparently). As it turns out Tanooki is red, and he was pretty suspicious last phase, so...

Bird

If the seer didn't actually claim to GZG, they should speak up, because if that's the case, GZG is a wolf trying to get Tanooki lynched.

I think Tanooki is a good lynch target though. I thought it was odd how willing he was to defend me when I was seered red, but if he was red, it would make sense. If we set a precedent to always lynch red seerings, he wouldn't stand a chance if he was a red wolf who got seered.

Plus I know I'm not a wolf, which raises the chance of him being a wolf to 1/2!
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Mr. Tanooki Suit

That makes no sense though! Why would I defend you if I were a wolf and I was red? If I were a wolf, I would have been against you. I'd want to kill red players, if anything, just to make sure that it'd be harder for people to determine whether or not I was a wolf!

As well as that, if I were a wolf, would I have been dumb enough to attempt to wolf Nocturne? Because any sane person wouldn't do that when there's a psychic! :V

Greg

That last point isn't really an argument, considering SOMEBODY must have been dumb/insane enough to wolf Nocturne, and nobody's standing out as dumb/insane.

Mr. Tanooki Suit

I'm implying I'm not a fool... Though I can't say I'm not insane. To be fair, though, I'm still not entirely certain the whole wolfing thing works, when there are only 2 wolves and neither knows the other. How DOES that work?

If you want to lynch me, go right ahead. Just so you know, though, I'm either a miller or the wolfsbane. I'm not so sure about Bird anymore, but it's quite possible he's a wolf. I won't vote for him, however, because I'm still pretty certain he's human, too.

Bird

Quote from: Mr. Tanooki Suit on February 20, 2014, 02:30:57 PMThat makes no sense though! Why would I defend you if I were a wolf and I was red? If I were a wolf, I would have been against you. I'd want to kill red players, if anything, just to make sure that it'd be harder for people to determine whether or not I was a wolf!
I kind of already explained this, but I definitely didn't do a good job. Attempt number two:

Let's say you're the red wolf. You know that if you're seered, there's a risk you'll be lynched. There's not a whole lot you can to do prevent yourself from being seered (besides acting human, more on that later), but there's quite a bit you can do to avoid being lynched. So you're the red wolf, and another player was just seered red. You know that that player is a human and so you have to:

a) Help lynch that player. You say "he's red, we should lynch him." This gets a human killed, keeping you and your partner safe for one day phase, but if you are seered red in the future, there won't be much you can do to defend yourself.
b) Help defend that player. You say "he seems pretty human to me, even though he's red." This means somebody else will be lynched that day phase, putting you and your partner in danger for one day phase but if you are seered red in the future, people might not immediately lynch you. Plus, you get a valuable ally (the human who was seered red (although this clearly backfired since I've turned against you, there's no way you could have predicted that)).

You can make a sensible argument for both strategies.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

The_Subjective_Thought

Well I actually voted this before so I'm okay with it!

I'll leave my vote in the wings so this doesn't just bandwagon and insta.

It's interesting that bird immediately jumped on Tanooki however, no sympathy for a possible fellow red-human? (Of course he also pointed out about why him defending Tanooki is the less strategically sound thing to do.)
POKE IT WITH A STICK.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 10, 2013, 07:30:11 PM
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!

BlackDragonSlayer

Just a friendly reminder to vote or else PHANTOMS FOR ALL!

Vote count so far:
Greg: Mr. Tanooki Suit
Bird: Mr. Tanooki Suit

Votes on players:
Mr. Tanooki Suit: 2

I'm not missing anything, am I?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

davy

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

The_Subjective_Thought

Is there any other information we have to go off this phase?

Does anyone know anything else?
POKE IT WITH A STICK.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 10, 2013, 07:30:11 PM
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!

BlackDragonSlayer

Less than a half-hour left in the phase! Only three people have voted!

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Spoiler
TWG LXIV: The Dangerous Flora and Fauna of Umbra

Backstory: Many years ago, the war on the planet Umbra ended. The war hero Agent 819, who single-handedly took out the dark leader UMBRA, went back to the galactic capital planet, never to return to Umbra until the year of his death... but his story is another story, not to be told here...

Umbra is quickly becoming a point of interest for tourists. The super-company Micro Budget Ships Inc. is funding a new, experimental program to safely guide boatloads of these tourists through the planet on a predetermined route, highlighting the planet's natural wonders.

Unfortunately for the company, the illusions still remain on Umbra, even after the evil left the planet: the local flora and fauna have gotten hungry, and weak-minded tourists are on the menu...

The Flora and Fauna; Wolves
1: Miju-maron: Master Wolf (as the Miju-marons are giant, carnivorous plants, they can't do much unless people walk right into their lairs, though this doesn't affect the role any)
2: Ryu-jin: Wolf shaman.

Micro Budget Ships Tour; Humans
3: Tour Guide 1: Seer; is told results at end of night phase.
4: Tour Guide 2: Psychic; is told the number of wolves and if the red humans are left in the game (not how many red humans, however) at the end of every day phase (after lynching).
5: Tourist: Human.
6: Tourist: Human.
7: Tourist: Human.
8: Tourist: Herring. Is told he's a human.
9: Tourist: Regular miller. Will be told he's a human.
10: Tourist: Acts like a wolfsbane, except that the wolfing is redirected to another human player. Will be told he's a normal human.

Because wolves do not know each other, only the first wolfing vote is accepted. Wolves cannot be wolfed- if they are, it is considered that there is no wolfing.
There are no special victory conditions.

This game will have a story, revealed between phases (both day and night), in average-sized paragraphs (so hopefully there won't be any delays with the story).

Special Gimmick: Navigation; throughout the game (changing every day and night phase), the tour moves across various parts of the planet Umbra, on a course determined randomly (though areas cannot repeat until at least one other location has been visited).
Each area gives special, temporary effects to certain roles; the expedition always starts on the Overworld, as that is where is ship lands, but might not return there.

Night Phase Only:
Overworld: Two players can be seered.
Sacred Catacombs: Psychic can guard one person, excluding self.
In Specus Caverna (cave inside a cavern underneath the volcano): Ryu-Jin is seered as blue. Can find out the exact role of player seered, at the cost of being seered blue.

Day Phase Only:
Palus Magna (swamp): Miju-maron gets two lynching votes.
Ignis Parva (inside of a volcano): Ryu-jin gets two lynching votes.
Ruins of Ultima Fini (mechanical core of the planet): No effects.
[close]

1: Bird
2: FireArrow
3: Boo Guy
4: Mr. Tanooki Suit
5: NocturneOfShadow
6: davy
7: Toby [PHANTOM x1]
8: Greg
9: zoroark1264 [PHANTOM x1]
10: The_Subjective_Thought [PHANTOM x1]

Subs:
1: Dude

---

Mr. Tanooki Suit accidentally vaporized himself. It is now Night 3. Night 3 ends in one day, on Saturday, February 22 at 3:00 PM PST (6:00 PM EST).

The Expedition is currently at In Specus Caverna. Ryu-Jin is seered as blue, or can find out the exact role of player seered, at the cost of being seered blue.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

I think we should organise a plan for the psychic to claim tomorrow and reveal the number of wolves so we can have a partnership alliance type thing sorted out and try see who we think was the wolf and who was there partner (if a wolf died). The seer claiming tomorrow also isn't a bad idea since we'd have maybe one seer result left to do.