News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

TWG LXIV: The Dangerous Flora and Fauna of Umbra

Started by BlackDragonSlayer, February 13, 2014, 01:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bird

In Tanooki's defense...

He's used to playing on a forum (LLF) where you actually aren't allowed to vote yourself, which could explain his reservations with the plan. And I'm fairly certain that he's also announced his humanity before in games where he actually was human... not that it proves anything.

TST, I think it's interesting that you find Tanooki suspicious for every reason except for his early vote. Do you agree that Fire Arrow is suspicious?
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

The_Subjective_Thought

Frankly that's my best idea of who might be a wolf, thus I went with it.

Fair enough if that's a rule that he's used to.

Early vote? I guess, however the fact he merely safetied makes that mean little to nothing.

Firearrow I don't find that sus, I don't see why you do?
POKE IT WITH A STICK.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 10, 2013, 07:30:11 PM
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!

Bird

I don't find FireArrow particularly suspicious. But you did just vote for a person who just voted for FireArrow. I guess I kind of overlooked the fact that Tanooki's vote was a safety, but it seemed like you would take into account his vote when you voted for him. As in, if you also thought FA was suspicious, you would have mentioned why Tanooki was still a wolf, or if you didn't think FA was suspicious, you would use that as further evidence why Tanooki was a wolf.

It doesn't matter that much though. I already said that I don't think FA is that suspicious. He  beat me once by agreeing with and defending me. It's possible he's doing the same thing with his response post to Nocturne's vote of me, but he could just as easily be a human defending another obvious human (me!!!).

There really isn't a lot to go off of now, so I guess I'll vote Toby. I don't know why he thinks it was an NSM player who wolfed booguy, and he didn't really explain himself.

Toby

I was going to answer that later but I could do it now.

I thought it would be someone from nsm rather than llf because boo guy literally posted he was from llf in his signup. I've never played with Booguy before so I don't think he plays often, and for anyone who plays at llf I doubt they'd wolf him. I'm guessing it's either a newer player or perhaps someone who only plays on NSM (or both!) I voted Davy because he seems like the type of guy that would try frame someone from llf or take a wolfing like that.

I'll try find evidence of this later.

Bird

The logic isn't unreasonable, but you, recognizing these facts, could easily have wolfed Booguy in order to frame someone like davy. That in combination with the fact that you were the only person who didn't vote for yourself is probably enough to keep my vote on you for now.

mikey

Quote from: Toby on February 17, 2014, 12:12:30 AMI was going to answer that later but I could do it now.

I thought it would be someone from nsm rather than llf because boo guy literally posted he was from llf in his signup. I've never played with Booguy before so I don't think he plays often, and for anyone who plays at llf I doubt they'd wolf him. I'm guessing it's either a newer player or perhaps someone who only plays on NSM (or both!) I voted Davy because he seems like the type of guy that would try frame someone from llf or take a wolfing like that.

I'll try find evidence of this later.
He told me he's played only twice on LLF.

Still Bird, in the past you've never seemed to jump onto a plan so fast.

Also you were also the one who pointed out that the vote could be optional when anyone could have done that.  You might be the kinda guy who does that, but I'm just letting you know that I'm suspicious of you :)
unmotivated

Greg

I guess I should point out that Toby wasn't actually online during the whole self-voting deal, so it's not exactly his fault he didn't go with it!

I think it's more likely that we have a wolf who was gutsy enough to vote for themselves. After all, they could easily change their vote at the last second if BDS didn't change the setup.

Toby

I'm  actually curious as to why Bird would even suggest the plan wouldn't work because of a rule certain hosts have. It was because of Bird that our plan wouldn't work!

He's also been incredibly jumpy and making all these different points that just seem a little quick thought. Him also using my point on Davy against me along with an invalid point smart Bird would have had backed up is really off for him.

I'm going to hold my vote just now because I should make it before the phase ends but we definetly need to be careful with Bird.

mikey

Oh yeah um we decided that the seer should NOT claim to me.
unmotivated

mikey

unmotivated

mikey

Triple post OP.

Bird was seered red and Greg was seered green.

That's all I'd like to say about that.
unmotivated

The_Subjective_Thought

Erm, well.

Okay, there are two red humans in this game. I personally feel that bird is human but I also believe in "better safe than sorry".

Any one else got any thoughts?
POKE IT WITH A STICK.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 10, 2013, 07:30:11 PM
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!

Greg

So I've been dithering the entire morning in the chat trying to decide who to vote for with Nocturne. I think I'm going to go with Bird, though, because of this:

[08:58:00]   Nocturne   the seer said that if he's the wolfsbane
[08:58:07]   Nocturne   then it'd be okay to kill him anyway
[08:58:25]   Greg   Any reasons for that, though?
[08:58:35]   Nocturne   because he might accidentally kill a special

This is a pretty good point. The other thing is that, if Bird does turn out to be the wolfsbane, the wolves can hit him every night and be guaranteed not to waste wolfings on each other.

So yeah.

Bird

Quote from: Toby on February 17, 2014, 07:57:43 AMI'm  actually curious as to why Bird would even suggest the plan wouldn't work because of a rule certain hosts have. It was because of Bird that our plan wouldn't work!
Because I'm TWC. Do you really think catching wolves that way is fair? It seems kind of unfair that you're suspicious of me for jumping on the plan so fast as well as ruining the plan. Make up your mind!

I guess the Seer claimed to Nocturne despite Nocturne saying immediately before that the Seer did not claim to him. Just to be safe, if the seer did not actually claim to Nocturne, they should say so in the said (since it would mean Nocturne is a wolf, as unlikely as that is).

It looks like the only things I've done wrong were being active and being red. I guess I couldn't blame you guys for lynching me this phase, but I might be more valuable to you alive than dead. First of all, there's a 2/3 chance that I'm a human. That means that I could keep being active and coming up with suspicions and stuff for the remainder of the game. And on the 1/3 chance that I'm a wolf, keeping me alive could help you all determine who my partner is. Either way, you can always kill me later.

Greg had a good point with the "we should kill the wolfsbane" argument, but it's still a justification for lynching a human role. I don't think the wolves would consistently choose a random-but-safe wolfing over choosing wolfings each night phase. And if I am the wolfsbane, I'm a human role that the wolves can never kill. That's pretty huge, and would give us a big advantage over the wolves. I don't think immediately lynching somebody who could be the wolfsbane is a good idea at all (although I'm obviously biased).

Bird

And another thing on the Greg "we should kill the wolfsbane" thing... It's even more unlikely that the wolves would attack the wolfsbane every night since:
a) They don't know who the wolfsbane is, just a single red role who they probably wouldn't want to attack.
b) There's a wolf shaman, who can spot blues and wolf them instead of letting randomness do the job.