TWG LXIV: The Dangerous Flora and Fauna of Umbra

Started by BlackDragonSlayer, February 13, 2014, 01:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Subjective_Thought

I think a major thing against the bird lynch is the missed wolfing, therotically he could have done it in order to frame zor but I personally doubt that. Mostly due to the fact that a framing would be too detrimental to bird reputation as a red human or the sheer fact that simply wolfing someone is an esiaer way to kill someone as opposed to a lynch vote.

The way I see the main three people who could have missed the wolfing are the three with the phantom votes, the ones with the most likelihood of not being on time in a phase.

So that's me, Toby, and Zoro. As the Zoro lynch is already underway it would make sense to continue with that.

POKE IT WITH A STICK.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 10, 2013, 07:30:11 PM
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!

The_Subjective_Thought

And so I don't miss my vote this phase: Zoroark

P.s please consider a safety over voting for Zoroark, we don't really want an insta!
POKE IT WITH A STICK.
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!

BlackDragonSlayer

Vote count so far:
Bird: Zoroark
Greg: Zoroark
Zoroark: Greg
Toby: Bird
TST: Zoroark

Votes on people:
Zoroark: 3
Greg: 1
Bird: 1

People who have not voted:
davy
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

TST, the act is, if there are two wolves left then instead of the game ending on a day phase (if there was a wolfing) the game should end on a night phase. So that way the missed wolfing makes no difference whatsoever to the wolves, it just gives them more players to hide between! And zoroak was very active during the night phase on other board and in other threads so if he was the wolf he'd probably have sent in the action.

The_Subjective_Thought

Let's ignore that he then proceeded to vote for our confirmed human.

Let's also leave behind the fact that due to wolves not knowing each other they could hardly have planned that kind of thing.

Let's get to the point I made next, there are actually three candidates for wolves if a missed wolfing is our evidence, the first is Zoroark, the next is you and the third is me.

So, I'm going to stick with my vote on Zoroark, and if we really want to be sure have everyone lynch one of the two of us next day phase.
POKE IT WITH A STICK.

Toby

You just can't assume that someone that didn't vote one phase is likely to miss out on a wolfing. And although the wolves don't know each other, the missing out on a wolfing plan is still valid because it makes no difference to the wolves at all if there actually is one wolf left, it just ensures that that wolf is likely to survive the next phase (like in this case).

The_Subjective_Thought

So, you made you first post saying that the plan would have been to miss a wolfing and end it on a night phase.

Now your second post is that I can't assume that the people who have missed a phase action, are the most likely one to miss a phase action after that?

Then your final part is that the first plan you posted probably wouldn't have been the plan and it doesn't make a difference either way what the plan was?

I understand (vaguely) what you're saying and why you're saying it but please review the statements you yourself have made before contradicting them. Also, what are you arguing for or against? Are you arguing for your lynch of bird, against my lynch of zoroark or something else entirely?
POKE IT WITH A STICK.

davy

I'm currently against lynching Zoroark actually. Toby or TST could be the herring and if one of them came up blue in the next seering (while we lynch the other one now) or even red for that matter, we'd be pretty sure that Zoroark is a wolf (well, assuming I survive the next night phase).

While I have been suspicious of Toby during this game, attacking Bird doesn't really make sense for a wolf at this stadium of the game (and actually, the same goes for Zoroark attacking Greg).

Therefore I've decided to vote TST
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Bird

I admit that I hadn't considered whether or not the missed wolfing was intentional. I know that I would make a move like that, but it could also be something davy/gzg/toby would pull off.

An important element to think about here is the fact that the wolves don't know each other. If both wolves are alive, they would have to have either consciously/unconsciously coordinated their decision not to wolf, which seems extremely unlikely. Also, remember that they targeted NocturneOfShadow who should have been guarded. Either this is an extremely coordinated duo who found the Psychic and each other... or it's not.

I think the missed/odd wolfings fit Zoroark and Sage far better than any other pair of players. I don't even know if Zoroark understands the mechanism for wolfing, based on the voting confusion he had a few phases back. Sage would probably be sending in wolfings pretty early to make sure his partner didn't kill him, which could explain the foolhardy wolfing attempt on Nocturne. So when Sage died, Zoroark obviously forgot to submit his wolfing. To top it all off, their colors are a perfect fit as well.

I don't think I'll be changing my vote this phase, but I strongly suspect we'll have another lynch after this one anyway, so I wouldn't be terribly upset if this one went a different direction. I will say that TST doesn't strike me as the kind of player to intentionally or unintentionally miss a wolfing.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

BlackDragonSlayer

Spoiler
TWG LXIV: The Dangerous Flora and Fauna of Umbra

Backstory: Many years ago, the war on the planet Umbra ended. The war hero Agent 819, who single-handedly took out the dark leader UMBRA, went back to the galactic capital planet, never to return to Umbra until the year of his death... but his story is another story, not to be told here...

Umbra is quickly becoming a point of interest for tourists. The super-company Micro Budget Ships Inc. is funding a new, experimental program to safely guide boatloads of these tourists through the planet on a predetermined route, highlighting the planet's natural wonders.

Unfortunately for the company, the illusions still remain on Umbra, even after the evil left the planet: the local flora and fauna have gotten hungry, and weak-minded tourists are on the menu...

The Flora and Fauna; Wolves
1: Miju-maron: Master Wolf (as the Miju-marons are giant, carnivorous plants, they can't do much unless people walk right into their lairs, though this doesn't affect the role any)
2: Ryu-jin: Wolf shaman.

Micro Budget Ships Tour; Humans
3: Tour Guide 1: Seer; is told results at end of night phase.
4: Tour Guide 2: Psychic; is told the number of wolves and if the red humans are left in the game (not how many red humans, however) at the end of every day phase (after lynching).
5: Tourist: Human.
6: Tourist: Human.
7: Tourist: Human.
8: Tourist: Herring. Is told he's a human.
9: Tourist: Regular miller. Will be told he's a human.
10: Tourist: Acts like a wolfsbane, except that the wolfing is redirected to another human player. Will be told he's a normal human.

Because wolves do not know each other, only the first wolfing vote is accepted. Wolves cannot be wolfed- if they are, it is considered that there is no wolfing.
There are no special victory conditions.

This game will have a story, revealed between phases (both day and night), in average-sized paragraphs (so hopefully there won't be any delays with the story).

Special Gimmick: Navigation; throughout the game (changing every day and night phase), the tour moves across various parts of the planet Umbra, on a course determined randomly (though areas cannot repeat until at least one other location has been visited).
Each area gives special, temporary effects to certain roles; the expedition always starts on the Overworld, as that is where is ship lands, but might not return there.

Night Phase Only:
Overworld: Two players can be seered.
Sacred Catacombs: Psychic can guard one person, excluding self.
In Specus Caverna (cave inside a cavern underneath the volcano): Ryu-Jin is seered as blue. Can find out the exact role of player seered, at the cost of being seered blue.

Day Phase Only:
Palus Magna (swamp): Miju-maron gets two lynching votes.
Ignis Parva (inside of a volcano): Ryu-jin gets two lynching votes.
Ruins of Ultima Fini (mechanical core of the planet): No effects.
[close]

1: Bird
2: FireArrow
3: Boo Guy
4: Mr. Tanooki Suit
5: NocturneOfShadow
6: davy
7: Toby [PHANTOM x1]
8: Greg
9: zoroark1264 [PHANTOM x1]
10: The_Subjective_Thought [PHANTOM x1]

Subs:
1: Dude

---

The Expedition made Zoroark1264 repent. The killed him so he could do it in person. It is now Night 4. Night 4 ends in one day, on Tuesday, February 25 at 3:00 PM PST (6:00 PM EST).

The Expedition is currently at the Sacred Catacombs. The Psychic can guard one person, excluding self.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Greg

Welp, guess it wasn't Zoroark and Sage!

In case it wasn't obvious the psychic should be guarding davy if they're still alive. And claiming to him, for that matter, although like I said before the claim isn't necessarily to be trusted.

Bird

I assume that the wolves haven't already won at this point, otherwise I can't see why the game would still be going.

Uhh... I guess Greg could be the last wolf. I dunno.

The_Subjective_Thought

Well, I guess there's only one solution.

VOTE EVERYONE! or due to the fact we're in catacombs, rocks fall etc.

Actually I'd like to check something, davy is the fact you've been convinced by my arguments the reason you've voted me? 'Cause that would be tragic and hilarious at the same time.

POKE IT WITH A STICK.

Greg

Davy's told me that the psychic's claimed to him, apparently! Which is most likely good news for us.

Bird